Phantom shifts

I didn't use to feel phantom shifts. However lately I feel like I have tails as I do in astral (mine aren't that long though) and I can feel here when my tails twitch there as a bit of a back spasm-like sensation. I had to roll my shoulders while walking around at a grocery store yesterday because it felt like my wings were getting cramped from not being moved while walking as sometimes I have to remember to stretch them in astral during otherwise my back will hurt more after walking.
Inactive from something in real life - permanent hiatus

My do

I didn't use to feel phantom shifts. However lately I feel like I have tails as I do in astral (mine aren't that long though) and I can feel here when my tails twitch there as a bit of a back spasm-like sensation. I had to roll my shoulders while walking around at a grocery store yesterday because it felt like my wings were getting cramped from not being moved while walking as sometimes I have to remember to stretch them in astral during otherwise my back will hurt more after walking.

Dollkintype dosint have any extra parts talking about it is bringing up my fabric

• Like 1

I was a bit confused about your thread at first, but after seeing your additional replies, I wanted to contribute. I have Dissociative Identity Disorder, and have an alter who is a doll-person. He too feels his seams; when he flexes his fingers, toes, or wrists, he can feel the gaps in between the joints. The movements also feel a lot stiffer to him and less fluid, as though his body really isn't made out of skin. The portions of his body that are doll parts feel hard, much harder than skin, and have a smoother feel to them. He can't feel any hairs or anything like that.

For me, as a unicorn, my phantom shifts generally include my horn, which feels like a strong pressure on my forehead, at the start of my hairline. I can feel my ears on the top of my head, they move and respond to sounds in my environment. I can feel my muzzle as well- sometimes when I go to touch my face, I misjudge where my bodily face is in relation to where my phantom face is, and either miss completely, or scratch myself too hard. I can also feel my hooves; my phantom legs feel completely different from my bodily ones. I've walked on my tip-toes nearly my entire life, due to how my phantom legs feel. I also experience my tail, which I can feel wavering in the wind. Sometimes I can flick and swish it. ^ ^

• Like 2

xe/xem, it/its, pup/pups, hy/hym.

multiple system of ~50+

undead. canine cladotherian. machinekin. windows 98. tarantula. johnny the homicidal maniac. dib membrane. much, much more...

Most often my phantom shifts are my ears, I feel temperature around me from them sometimes, maybe a breeze even tickling the delicate line of fur that borders the inside. Rarely I notice my tail, but obviously between massive, very mobile ears and a small and near-non-expressive tail one's going to stand atleast a little more out that the other.

Does feeling my face feeling noticably longer count as a phantom shift too? probably.

I am usually feeling atleast partially shifted. I don't really bother to memorize or catagorize what specific kind of shifter that makes me.

🌙

it/its

That sounds amazing also sorry for the confusion what part was confusing

I just wasn't sure of what the word "seams" meant in context! Now that I understand that you're a doll, it makes total sense. :-) Very cool to see another doll-person!

• Like 1

xe/xem, it/its, pup/pups, hy/hym.

multiple system of ~50+

undead. canine cladotherian. machinekin. windows 98. tarantula. johnny the homicidal maniac. dib membrane. much, much more...

I feel wings at times and have had feelings of phantom shifts a while, but reading the definition here gave a name to it.
The part of my mind which brought me here (Chrysalis in a matter of speaking ) has been insistent on traveling between my homes and I felt that managing to do something along the lines of that would be a challenge to my intellect.

• 4 weeks later...
I often am half-shifted, meaning throughout the day I feel phantom limbs even if I'm not carrying the personality traits of my kintypes. More recently, I feel large wings coming out of my back, fangs, and horns, but when I run it usually changes to wolf ears, a tail, and an elongated snout.

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Demonkin, Wolfkin, and Sirenkin, plural system with many headmates, all open for contact

I have felt them alot, especially when I am still.
The part of my mind which brought me here (Chrysalis in a matter of speaking ) has been insistent on traveling between my homes and I felt that managing to do something along the lines of that would be a challenge to my intellect.

• 4 weeks later...
I usually only feel a sensation of something on my back, but never any extra parts. I feel a slight pressure on my back and tingles sometimes when I see pictures of wings that look like mine, or something about angels comes up. A full blown phantom shift would be cool, but overwhelming. These wings are huge...

Stuart (2D) and Murdoc

We're plural and fictionkind.

he/him

as a catkin, the biggest phantom shifting sensations I get on the regular are ears atop my head. every now and then I’ll feel the need to twitch them or swivel them or move them to react to stimuli, until I realize that they’re not actually there. the same goes for claws, since I always get the urge to flex my claws or scratch. I get a lot of tail feelings during phantom shifts as well, but they’re not nearly as strong as the ears or claws.

as a catkin, the biggest phantom shifting sensations I get on the regular are ears atop my head. every now and then I’ll feel the need to twitch them or swivel them or move them to react to stimuli, until I realize that they’re not actually there. the same goes for claws, since I always get the urge to flex my claws or scratch. I get a lot of tail feelings during phantom shifts as well, but they’re not nearly as strong as the ears or claws.

KITTY!!!!!

Despite ninetails being our dominant kintype, we actually don't get phantom shifts of them often, though when we do it's weird. For starters, we feel we should be much bigger. Ninetails can also stick thier tails underground and sometimes we can feel our tails doing so.

I also have phantom shifts of a wolf sometimes, despite it being a copinglink, and I get phantom shifts of Nazuna from time to time, most notably being wings.

Our most common phantom shifts is that or an ordinary fox, though, in which we can feel ears/tails, paws, and snout.

• 2 months later...

Lol I almost always have phantom ears. They are more pointed. And I tend to twitch them towards any small sound.

I also have my Irken shifts where I have a PAK on my back and it makes it really awkward to sit because I have to lean forward so my back isn’t touching the back of the chair.

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

We get phantom shifts too.

Mostly, when Crow is fronting, they get phantom shifts of them own 4 wings and sometimes tailfeathers. In rare occations Crow gets phantom shifts of them whole skeleton body over the human body.

When Crow is in distress or in need of protection I tend to have full body shifts, although Crow is fronting. My wings, my 2 tails, my horns, fangs, claws, and the rest of my body over Crows human body.

Beside that, I myself get phantom shifts of my 4 wings mostly. Sometimes I can feel my tails or my horns.

Crow [celestial warrior & keeper] | | Lhyr [wolf-demon] | | Reaper [grim reaper]

they/them, agender | | he/him, male | | he/him, male

Currently fronting : Crow

It is not always black and white. Some beings are in between. Some seem nice but harm you from behind and others look evil but are loyal friends.

Guest Deleted member 56783
My phantom shift is connected with gigantic wings that grow out of my shoulders and a reptilian tail from the lower part of my spine, the feeling of my body size also changes, I feel even bigger and have the feeling of floating.

When I have phantom shifts, most often it's horns on my head. What I have felt only a few times is the beginning of a tail.

I always feel just the beginnings, never the full-fledged form. For whatever reason the tail has an increased chance to be there after I have showered.

What I have felt once or twice is something at the back of my head, and a thin ring around my chest when lying in bed. I don't know what these could be, and they might really be nothing else than my brain doing strange things.

Concerning my phantom shifts I lean more towards a psychological explanation, but in the end I don't know, so a spiritual origin could also be possible.

I believe that I've got horns, black leathery wings and a tail in the spiritual realm because I hope this is true. I want to look demonic, cause that's what I feel like.

Friends with Lucifer / Satan 💕 💞

"I want you to say what you think and become confident and authentic" - Satan.