Most Unique Kintypes!

Lately I’ve seen a lot of people beating down people with more obscure and least-heard-of kintypes. This surprises me, since I’m on the opposite side of that. I think meeting people with more rare/unique kintypes is so cool!

So, as an appreciation to individuals who have lesser-known kintypes, I think we should name some unique kintypes we’ve heard of or seen!

I have three off the top of my head (I’m sure I’ve seen more, but these ones stood out to me for either being so unique, or people giving them a hard time):

* A beta fish

* A prehistoric horse ancestor whose name I can never spell nor remember

* A praying mantis who was also a God of the Mountain from BOTW fictionkin

I'm the only one of my fictotype which I have run into. Well, one other, but that was a really old tumblr post on the one occasion I went on there.
The part of my mind which brought me here (Chrysalis in a matter of speaking ) has been insistent on traveling between my homes and I felt that managing to do something along the lines of that would be a challenge to my intellect.

What’s your fictotype? :0

Queen Chrysalis

The part of my mind which brought me here (Chrysalis in a matter of speaking ) has been insistent on traveling between my homes and I felt that managing to do something along the lines of that would be a challenge to my intellect.

OMG she’s one of my fav characters on that show

Happy to hear. It's a bit complicated my relationship with that part of myself.

Personally I think conceptkin, like @Beepy Data Center are pretty rare but really cool!

Yeah the fact that I am almost certain I have IKEA somewhat related to my kin must be really rare hahaha especially since I started working at IKEA and it just feels so *right* ya know?

Rarest kintype I've ever seen was someone who IDed as a firework. I'd agree that object (non tech) and concept kin are among the rarest kintypes.

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

Got an Ink machine from BATIM as one of my kintypes and they don't even speak in the game.

Also the laptop I'm currently using the second I felt it I could sense energy coming from it so I reached out with my mind and I learned that it was in fact sentient as unusual as that seems. Pearl met them and can confirm, they're essentially a reincarnated highly intelligent android.

Inactive from something in real life - permanent hiatus

Lately I’ve seen a lot of people beating down people with more obscure and least-heard-of kintypes. This surprises me, since I’m on the opposite side of that. I think meeting people with more rare/unique kintypes is so cool!

So, as an appreciation to individuals who have lesser-known kintypes, I think we should name some unique kintypes we’ve heard of or seen!

I have three off the top of my head (I’m sure I’ve seen more, but these ones stood out to me for either being so unique, or people giving them a hard time):

* A beta fish

* A prehistoric horse ancestor whose name I can never spell nor remember

* A praying mantis who was also a God of the Mountain from BOTW fictionkin

Well in a pack I'm in someone's kin is a blueberry plant, I find it very interesting. I've never seen any other weird kintypes though, probably because I don't spend much time on most therian websites

Just a random fox,

Got an Ink machine from BATIM as one of my kintypes and they don't even speak in the game.

Also the laptop I'm currently using the second I felt it I could sense energy coming from it so I reached out with my mind and I learned that it was in fact sentient as unusual as that seems. Pearl met them and can confirm, they're essentially a reincarnated highly intelligent android.

Wait that’s really cool

• Like 2

i've seen trees, and a blueberry bush! and flowers. one of my alters identifies as a rosemary bush. another identifies as a flower. it's more common than you'd think!

xe/xem, it/its, pup/pups, hy/hym.

multiple system of ~50+

undead. canine cladotherian. machinekin. windows 98. tarantula. johnny the homicidal maniac. dib membrane. much, much more...

Oh wow, now that's something! A circus as in the concept, a specific establishment, or just kin with a whole bunch of kintypes that employ a circus?

I think what they mean was that they were an entire circus. Like the whole collective circus as a human. I'm not 100% though, because I didn't ask.

fictionkin | soulbond system

alien | android | angel | cat | cecaelia | ghost

“All we ever see of stars are their old photographs.” ― Alan Moore, Watchmen

• 2 months later...

It's not as rare as some of the others but I have met someone who identified as an axolotl

[automerge]1624686813[/automerge]

I remember seeing a post in the otherkin subreddit about someone who identifies as a traditional unicorn. I don't know much about that sort of thing but I'm assuming it's more uncommon than the rainbow ones in otherkin. Also, one of my c'links is an axolotl so I guess it's somewhat unusual

Omg I didn't see your message before I posted that! What a coincidence!

💗🏳️‍🌈💗 / Ever (she/her) / Emma (he/him or they/them) / Xia (ae/aer or she/her) / Taurus (any/all) / 💗🏳️‍🌈💗

"The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." - Lynette Noni