Most annoying thing while shifted?

I love shifting when I’m outside, but inside I have all sorts of minor annoyances that come up. Most of the time it’s that my house is too small to fit a centaur or cervitaur, and when I have a cervitaur shift I can almost feel my antlers smacking against the ceiling or door frames.

So, what minor annoyances do you have while shifted?

I love to feel my wings when being outside, especially in nature when it's a bit windy or in the evening/ at night and feel the wind.

My annoyance is that I can feel bumping into anything around me, including the walls, with my wings because the apartment is way to small to fit in here with them. Even when I don't spread them.

But most annoying is, that I can't fly with them here on earth :(

Crow [celestial warrior & keeper] | | Lhyr [wolf-demon] | | Reaper [grim reaper]

they/them, agender | | he/him, male | | he/him, male

Currently fronting : Crow

It is not always black and white. Some beings are in between. Some seem nice but harm you from behind and others look evil but are loyal friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

as mermaid: the fact that I cannot live underwater will, at times, bring me to tears of loss and deep frustration

as cat: sometimes I don't want to be near anyone, but I cannot vocalize my emotions well, so I have to work extra hard to not growl at/flee from my partner when he comes in for a hug - this also goes for when I do want affection while shifted, since smashing my head into his arm or pushing my way in between him and whatever he is doing would be super rude!

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

Guest Deleted member 56852
The tails make me so off balance, like everytime I walk around with phantom limbs it feels like I'm falling through the center of the earth, those tails are a pain - Host (Athanasios)

• 2 weeks later...
When my legs shift in public and I have shoes on. It's terrible and umumcomfy. I can't walk on my toes because of the shoes, and I can't walk flat footed because owie my ankle. I've actually gotten pretty bad cramps trying to force myself to walk flat footed before. Also sitting in a chair when my tail is present. It takes me so long to get adjusted unless the chair has a hole in the back.

VVVVV

They/Them, It/Its, This one/That one

Not sure if I should consider this p a minor or major annoyance but- feeling very uncomfortable to shift. To give more context: I mean, feeling like someone is always watching you with judgment while your shifting, even if you’re in a private space or an isolated part of the wilderness when you shift. I never really feel like I can truly be comfortable with shifting- unless I guess I was WAYY out in the middle of no where, in the forest, where I know 100% there are no people. 😂

Storm Talis | Canis Lupus | Australia | She/Her

🐾

“There’s A Pack Of Wolves Living In Her Soul.”

For my dragon kintype: Feeling 'too big' to exist in a space if I end up shifting indoors. Feeling like I am going to run into everything if I move. Feeling grounded because I can't just fly away. I long to fly of my own accord in real life, but I am stuck with dreams and the astral.

For my elf kintype: Heat!! If it's hot I suffer more shifted than unshifted. I didn't realize until recently that being more affected by the heat than usual was evidence of a shift, as my elf kintype can function in human spaces fairly easily, so I imagine there were a lot of times I was shifted and just never knew.

One that both my kintypes feel while shifted is my concept of time changing. I mentioned this in a different thread, but since both my kintypes age differently than humans, I often feel the concept of time 'weirdly.' It's hard to explain, but in essence, time will feel too fast when I am shifted and I will check it way too often.

A pair of bonded alien creatures that resemble a black dragon and an elf. 🐲 🧝‍♂️
Werewolf copinglink. 🐺  •  Otherhearted. 💕
they/them or xe/xem

There's a lot of annoying things when shifted, but other than noise and people, as pups sure bother many, but pup really hates how fur from stuffies gets caught in pups mouth when pup chews on or plays with them. -🌟
Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

For my gryphon, being unable to fly tops the list. But also I can't make any of the proper vocalizations. We weren't just animals. We were intelligent. We had a society, such as it was, and were able to communicate complex ideas just like humans can. But this mouth and these vocal cords are all wrong and I can't make any of the right sounds! I feel mute.

For my wolf, it's not being able to move properly. Being upright on my hind legs just feels wrong. I'm very tempted to look into this whole "quadrobics" thing, just to learn to move a little more naturally. My legs being shaped wrong, with their weird, short ankles, falls into that. Also shoes. Clothing in general, for the most part (it catches on stuff too much and I should have fur), but my sympathy to any dog who's ever gotten yelled at for eating a pair of shoes. That's right about my sentiment where those are concerned.

Edited by RowanWolf

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

As I have remarked upon in other threads last similar to this one, yet just not in this manner, one of the worst experiences of being at last with myself is interruption. It is everything to reach that place and state of which I belong, to experience the euphoria in place of a state of pervasive, ambient, background dysphoria, only to then be intruded upon by something so mundane and human. In the archaic sense of the word, there is nothing more profane.

To be in this place and state one moment, then be dragged out of it in another. All of my being can feel the subtle shift of what should be ears drawn back, the curl of a lip in warning, of a snarl and raise of the hackles but I am forced - nay, outright compelled to - put on a human face and pretend I am not only not disturbed or annoyed, but that I was doing nothing at all. People cannot seem to live without being drawn in to me in this stead and in my mind, I cannot help but wonder if they feel "psychic ripples" or "spiritual wakes" - something in them which stirs them - to investigate and by proxy, drag me out of it. I cannot fault them for it, it is no coincidence and obviously it is nothing they can fathom or truly appreciate by and large.

Smilodon Populator

Ive never shifted (at least i think havent) Wat does if feel like? what do you see/feel? is there a way to force/ get a sift to happen? such as different practices or thinking? also (im fairly new) has anyone ever had therian dreams? like dreaming of your kin or a shift? Ty -Dexi/red

@Dexi_,

What constitutes a "shift" - rather what is called such a thing although the more appropriate term would be "manifestation", as it is an altered state of consciousness or sensation - is generally a major change of psychological state. A change in not just how one sees and perceives the world but how it is felt, a way it is thought about. There are a number of these experiences - some are astral or spiritual journeys, others are etheric or phantasmal like the sensation of a missing limb and so on - and varieties, but all are punctuated by a distinct and drastic feeling of being different and removed from the ordinary or "everyday" human experience; for those who are "therians", or those whose inhumanity is animal, an example might be that a wolf may wish to howl or run, a long run at that, with a barely restrained urge to move, or that they feel the need to eat raw, red meat. It is not always this drastic or this obvious, let alone so clear, it may very well simply be the sensory acuteness is heightened to the point one has not heard more than they can as a mere person, rather it becomes clear and moreover, the awareness of it and faculty of it becomes amplified.

Not all can force it to happen, rather it should be said that to force it at all is errant in itself; to force something is to actively will it to happen, to compel it even against what should be into being. However, it can be provoked or even conjured willingly, albeit often at difficulty, and it most often comes in triggered response to some sort of stimuli or exposure to some sort of provocation.

"Dream shifting", on another note, is indeed another kind and it is relatively common but seldom is it consistent. Consistency tends to be one of the major identifying factors of a "therian", or even "other" experience, for that matter and while there do exist exceptions to this rule, exceptions do not a rule make. It should also be noted that what is to be "kin", is to be that thing, and it is a personal lived and felt experience; one is that thing and that thing is them, barring the obvious physical discrepancy. So to use the wolf example once more, one does not just dream they are a wolf, that wolf is them, which is to say, they are not merely "turned into a wolf" rather that they are "back to being themselves".

This is a very brief summary but I suggest reading the resources section and browsing various threads, as well as creating topics for specific questions afterward to address these concerns. Threads are usually meant to be directly relevant to their title and the original post.

Smilodon Populator

• 3 weeks later...