Daily 'What do you think'

So I'm going to try and make this a daily thing but basically I just ask an interesting question and you can share your opinion on it I guess. If it's not popular I'll stop or maybe do it less often , but I dunno I wanted to try It out.

Today's Question: Is magic real? What is magic?

My Answer: Absolutely. For me, magic is believing, seeing the light behind everything in this world. One of my favourite quotes is 'The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." which is from a book by Lynette Noni and I like it because it basically says that there is light in everything, magic, in everything, you'e just got to find the light, not the shadows. There is light behind everything and some people have the talent to see that light, to understand a world others don't. Imagination, magic - same thing really. Magic can be anything, from the existence of mythical creatures to the power of true love to the beauty in everyday things. The amazing places you see in your dreams, the miracles of survival (e.g. Payton, the girl who got stabbed 16 times by her best friends and lived), the birth of a new-born soul, the true friendships we make, the fact that the sky bothers to cry with you. It's all magic. You've just got to lose your eyes and see it, and then you've got to believe.

• Like 2

💗🏳️‍🌈💗 / Ever (she/her) / Emma (he/him or they/them) / Xia (ae/aer or she/her) / Taurus (any/all) / 💗🏳️‍🌈💗

"The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." - Lynette Noni

Magic is just as real as reality is real. I like the Albert Einstein quote, “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.” The fact that I even exist? The fact that anything is real? This reality is so intangible and it can be anything, even without spiritual experiences, even with just observing things. I can hardly believe I'm even here, I think that's magical. I'm sorry that's super vague but that's how I feel.
I love you so much, like I genuinely care for you, so if you ever need someone to reach out to, I'll be here.

I believe in magic. I always have. I don't really know how to explain it but pretty much what you said.

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

Magic is just as real as reality is real. I like the Albert Einstein quote, “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is.” The fact that I even exist? The fact that anything is real? This reality is so intangible and it can be anything, even without spiritual experiences, even with just observing things. I can hardly believe I'm even here, I think that's magical. I'm sorry that's super vague but that's how I feel.

Super vague? That's such a good way to describe it! That quote as well... omg it's so awesome, it actually struck a chord! I might have to add it to my signature it explains the way I live and what I believe about magic so well!

I believe in magic. I always have. I don't really know how to explain it but pretty much what you said.

I get it, it can be really hard to explain, I had to had think about it for a while to put it into words. Everything is magic really, if you want the basic definition.

💗🏳️‍🌈💗 / Ever (she/her) / Emma (he/him or they/them) / Xia (ae/aer or she/her) / Taurus (any/all) / 💗🏳️‍🌈💗

"The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." - Lynette Noni

I do believe in magic, but in the good ol' occult/witchcraft way. Magic is the manipulation of energy to give a desired outcome. I don't think magic is the existence of spirits, but it seems magical. The existence of some spirits could maybe be attributed to magic. I believe in fate/destinty and stuff, but I don't think it is magical. It just is.
  • Like 2

Stuart (2D) and Murdoc

We're plural and fictionkind.

he/him

For me, I would say that the second question defines the first. I've always ascribed to Tolkien's take on magic. Magic can be whatever we define as magic. One could call the water cycle magic, or the growth of a plant from a seed, or the ability of animal organisms to create brand-new, never-before-seen individual members of their species by just combining their own DNA. I personally feel that anything that invokes wonder is magic, and that can be mundane or spiritual.
  • Like 3

Drakmanka the Black

Dragonkin

Plateosaurus Therian

I think magic is a very vast term and can mean different things to different people - much like the 'dragon' umbrella. Every society and culture has its own draconic like species in their history, they're similar, but also unique. Magic is like that too I believe.

From my personal view, I see magic as 'the currently unexplainable'. It's what some would have defined as witchcraft until we had the technology to realise the root cause of the event. When you see a magic show, the purpose is to leave you wondering how it happened, how it was possible.

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif