Resource "Hubs"

We've got the Articles and they are very informative, but mostly about Otherkinity. I have thought about "hubs" or something similar for resources on other topics, for example:

• DIY gear / fursuit making
  • Psychology
  • Spirituality

Don't know if it's a good idea though.

• Like 2

Friends with Lucifer / Satan 💕 💞

"I want you to say what you think and become confident and authentic" - Satan.

I actually quite like this idea, and I feel like it will make it easier for those confused and for people trying to assist those who are confused. Then again, it might just be easier to add stuff about these topics to the articles (or if you want to do it the other way, add the most important articles, like the terminology and lexicon article to the resource hub) because otherwise people might get confused between what stuff to find where and it's easier to navigate and learn more when everything is in one place.

💗🏳️‍🌈💗 / Ever (she/her) / Emma (he/him or they/them) / Xia (ae/aer or she/her) / Taurus (any/all) / 💗🏳️‍🌈💗

"The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." - Lynette Noni

I am potentially interested in implementing this, but I have a few questions about how the feature should work, and what form it should take. Specifically, here's what I have questions about:

• What "format" should the hubs be?

Currently, I am considering making them "article forums", similar to how our News & Announcements forum is laid out. I would rather not include them in our library (dedicated article system) as that could cause clutter when people are looking for high-quality resources about the alterhuman community itself -- but it also doesn't seem like a standard forum would do the job, hence this idea. Thoughts?

• Should commenting be allowed?

Should users be able to comment on information in the hub, or should it be static content only.

• Who should participate?

Our articles library is currently available for contributions by elders, staff, and manually approved users. I would be looking at, for the resource hubs, allowing all users to contribute material, and have that material approved/reviewed by elders & staff.

• What hub categories should exist?

This is where I need the most help; three categories were suggested. Please suggest some additional ones!

Naia Ōkami [ID] [KB] [KO]

Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its

staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

What "format" should the hubs be?

"Article forums" is a good idea.

But maybe something similar to the groups when it comes to listing the hubs?

What about something like this?

[ATTACH type=full]3968[/ATTACH]

Should commenting be allowed?

In my opinion yes, for users can suggest improvements or point out missing information in the comments. This makes them advantageous.

Also I have thought it would be good if the comments were in a box below the articles.

Who should participate?

I would be looking at, for the resource hubs, allowing all users to contribute material, and have that material approved/reviewed by elders & staff.

Same here, I think it would be great if all users can contribute. Is it possible to implement footnotes so users can cite books, videos and websites?

What hub categories should exist?

I'll have to think more about this...

• Creatures (Animals and mythical. I was thinking about the article "The Falsities of Fae" here. Information on creatures may help those who are questioning. But maybe this belongs in the articles...)
  • Cooking
  • Home Improvement (to fit your kintype)
  • Fandoms
  • IT
  • Religion (but maybe this fits under spirituality)
  • Politics (Ughh...)
  • Countries / Habitats and Cultures
  • Gender & Sexuality
  • Support (for various topics, e.g. abuse, bullying...)

I think not all of these are good ideas, some may belong elsewhere or better not be in the hubs at all. But they are all worth mentioning.

What about something like this?

1626548306825-png.3968

The main issue I have with this proposed layout is that it's "heavy" and it takes too many clicks to get to anything of value. The node -> subnode -> subnode -> content flow also has this issue, so this would probably require more consideration in properly implementing. A custom page to handle listing of these will likely be required. Rating of content would be possible using the existing tools, and I don't feel we should do an entirely new type of rating flow... include the reaction system and we're good. I will explore different types of layouts for this purpose and see what fits best with the site.

Same here, I think it would be great if all users can contribute. Is it possible to implement footnotes so users can cite books, videos and websites?

Yes; we can have a field for this. That isn't difficult at all.

• Creatures (Animals and mythical. I was thinking about the article "The Falsities of Fae" here. Information on creatures may help those who are questioning. But maybe this belongs in the articles...)
  • Cooking
  • Home Improvement (to fit your kintype)
  • Fandoms
  • IT
  • Religion (but maybe this fits under spirituality)
  • Politics (Ughh...)
  • Countries / Habitats and Cultures
  • Gender & Sexuality
  • Support (for various topics, e.g. abuse, bullying...)

I would be in support of some of these, minus: religion, politics, IT, and fandoms as I feel they are broadening the scope too much. We are an information hub primarily for the alterhuman community, we aren't trying to compete with web directories of the 90s. :coolw:

Additional thoughts and suggestions are encouraged!

Naia Ōkami [ID] [KB] [KO]

Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its

staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

I will explore different types of layouts for this purpose and see what fits best with the site.

Thank you! :closedgrin:

I have just thought about filtering for categories...