What's your favorite book or book series?

If I had to have had a favorite book that spoke to me well before any age I should have ever read it, it was The Island of Doctor Moreau, which I read sometime as a lowly level grade student. I recall the sensation of taking the book from the rack, turning it over, and reading the tail end of the cover and the following sensation that this was it, that this was true eureka moment, that "I have found it!" sensation. That this book somehow understood some part of what I was, that it was so aberrant and secret too. Something about this book was forbidden, it was old, and I was too young to possess it and whatever secret knowledge it held. I flipped through its pages scandalously, surely hiding it whenever I went to read it in the library.

It is possibly my favorite work of literature I have ever read, even compared to Frankenstein or Prey and so forth. I read far, far too many works well beyond me and I felt like each and every one of them, but most of all the headlining text, was some special thing that influenced me. That there was some hidden gem of truth dusted throughout the pages there. Terrible that I had tried to forget all of it and did with so many - I fail to recall most of them now - and bury them with the rest of myself for so long.

Smilodon Populator

Guest Deleted member 57478

My favorite book is The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.

My favorite series of books is the Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate.

I also love pretty much everything I've ever read by Stephen King or Dean Koontz.

Guest Deleted member 57549

5) Don Quixote

I feel ashamed as a Spanish, since I only was able to read Quixote for children and some sentences when I wait for the underground (they have some chapters on the walls). 🙄

My favorite book is The Nervending Story.

I would like to read it again but this time in German!

I also like Wuthering Heights, E. Allan Poe and The Twisted Lines of God by Torcuato Luca de Tena.

And even if my friends laugh at me, The name of the wind. For some reason I relate to Kvothe.

Also, there's something in Rothfuss I like, specially after watching him role-playing.

Now I am reading the book Relationship Anarchy and I am loving it since there are no other books addressing this topic in a deep way and I think the author does it very carefully and nice.

I am sure it will become one of my favorites.

For comedy, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series wins hands down.

More recently, I really enjoyed and admired The Expanse Series by James S.A. Corey for all its interlocking storylines and realistic-yet-forgiving take on human psychology and politics. Also, cool "hard" sci fi with ship battles and aliens that are truly alien.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman ranks right up there for obvious reasons. Gods! In person! And there's something a bit raw and untamed about them under that charming exterior, which seems quite fitting. (I also have a cameo in that, sort of, not that Neil has any idea who the heck I am. I was rather surprised at the coincidence.)

For horror, I have to go with Brian Lumley and the Necroscope books. He makes Stephen King look like he's telling bedtime stories.

For adventure, comedy and magic, Jim Butcher's Dresden books are awesome and fun.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Okay, favourite series is forever Warriors by Erin Hunter but I also love the Arc of a Scythe series by Neal Shusterman.

Favourite book is Rated by Melissa Grey and Can You See Me/Do You Know Me (book and sequel) by Libby Scott and Rebecca Westcott.

💗🏳️‍🌈💗 / Ever (she/her) / Emma (he/him or they/them) / Xia (ae/aer or she/her) / Taurus (any/all) / 💗🏳️‍🌈💗

"The only thing stronger than darkness? Is light." - Lynette Noni

Guest Deleted member 57478

For horror, I have to go with Brian Lumley and the Necroscope books. He makes Stephen King look like he's telling bedtime stories.

That was an exciting sentence to read. I have to look this guy up.

Guest Deleted member 57045
My absolute favorites of all time are the Inheritance Saga by Christopher Paolini and His Dark Materials Saga by Philip Pullman. To this day I have not been able to find books that I've enjoyed as much as I did those. I think it's quite obvious why I love them haha.