What's a thing you do that really makes you feel your kintype?

Apologies if the title is unclear, I'm not the best at wording (especially considering English isn't my first language). But basically, something you do where you feel more like the kintype you are. Like, if you kin any sea creature, swimming could possibly be your thing. Be as specific as you'd like. I'm partly asking because I wanna find more things to do to connect with my therian self, which is hard when I can't exactly go hang out with wolves or something.

One thing I do that makes me really feel my inner kin is eating plain (but not raw) meat with my mouth/hands (no cutlery). No side dish, just a couple of plain slices with no added flavours, almost as if it was in the wild. It would definitely be more realistic if it wasn't prepared in any way, but the sad part is that I am extremely terrified of getting food poisoning, so I don't dare eating it raw. So here's your friendly neighbourhood therian that is too scared to eat like his kin. But the universe decided to give me a human body, so I gotta live by some human body rules at times.

• Like 2
therian | 26 | autistic | he/they | questioning many things

I like to sing. And listen to music. Anything that has to do with music makes me feel more like myself. Fashion is also a part of it. I actually just dress however I want, but a lot of it reminds me of how I used to dress. :)

I just kinda exist and I end up feeling like it anyways... I don't have to do much, but it helps to embrace my self expression.

Stuart (2D) and Murdoc

We're plural and fictionkind.

he/him

I like to be in nature, to listen to Lord of the Rings soundrack, to take a walk in the cool dark at night along the river and feel the cool air, to watch landscape videos of New Zealand, Norway, Greenland and Iceland.

Crow [celestial warrior & keeper] | | Lhyr [wolf-demon] | | Reaper [grim reaper]

they/them, agender | | he/him, male | | he/him, male

Currently fronting : Crow

It is not always black and white. Some beings are in between. Some seem nice but harm you from behind and others look evil but are loyal friends.

One thing I do that makes me really feel my inner kin is eating plain (but not raw) meat with my mouth/hands (no cutlery). No side dish, just a couple of plain slices with no added flavours, almost as if it was in the wild. It would definitely be more realistic if it wasn't prepared in any way, but the sad part is that I am extremely terrified of getting food poisoning, so I don't dare eating it raw. So here's your friendly neighbourhood therian that is too scared to eat like his kin. But the universe decided to give me a human body, so I gotta live by some human body rules at times.

I have to admit, this one did get a chuckle out of me, because there is a certain familiar sincerity to it for myself on a personal level.

Aside from that, I spend a great deal of time in nature and habitat that just so happens to be a good analogue to where I belong. I might keep to the trail to respect the growth and that I am asked to in parks, but it either way reminds me of a game trail in turn. Just taking my time, winding my way through forest and grassland alike, at high altitude and in cool weather.

So too is it I spend a fair amount of time around other large cats - which I understand is hardly possible for most - and in many ways I pick up on the smallest cues of behavior. Unconsciously I slip back into manifesting myself that way, my breathing slows, each movement is more languid and long, I feel and hear the world around me sharpen, the scents are all different, and all of it comes from being in the right place and with the right company. The thinking mind just lets go here, the rational, human, critical, analytical all goes away.

• Like 1

Smilodon Populator

Meditation combined with high powered energy work used to be my main thing, but I had to stop doing that, or at least cut way back on it.

Entering a light trance while dancing does something similar to a lesser degree.

Swinging a sword around is good. Something about the smooth flowing movement just feels right.

For the flying part there's swimming, certain amusement park rides, going fast in general, looking out the window in an airplane. And then there's finding a tall place and just perching there while watching everything.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Knuckle-fist walking, climbing things, using my feet for picking up and holding things, among other things. I also have a stim that's very gently tapping/beating my chest, which is just for sensory purposes and not to "feel" like my possible kintype, but does sometimes have the nice side effect of making me feel that way.

Hylian. Autistic. 20. He/him.

We like to watch cartoons...

We know it sounds weird but they remind us of home. Especially ones that take place in another world/planet. We can't help but think that we would thrive better there.

We also like to be around animals. They bring us joy.

• Like 1

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

I actually do eat (bits of) raw meat sometimes, which makes me feel closer to animals in general, but not necessarily my possible kintypes. Usually while I'm cutting up meat. I'm not suggesting it, but I agree that eating plain (and even raw) meat gives an almost "animalistic" feeling. lol

• Like 1

Hylian. Autistic. 20. He/him.

Guest Deleted member 57549

Walking without shoes and socks in the forest.

Being in an animal sanctuary where every life matters and I can connect with non-human animals without hierarchy.

Being in any place I can stop hearing cars. Silence or just the sounds of Nature.

Listening to some instrumental music I can dance (??? well, I try) to. I would like to learn to play some music myself, that would help. 💚

Guest Deleted member 57666

Being in water, specifically underneath it. Having an oxygen tank and being able to breathe underwater would be magical and would really help me feel myself.

Other than that, the film 'Wolfwalkers'. It sparks a strange but lovely feeling of which I don't know teh name and have not felt anywhere else.

As for my cheetah side... just laying in bed. I have always slept in a very feline position and I feel feline when I do it. I see myself as a cheetah, not a person at this time.

Guest Deleted member 57535

so many things!

for one --its pretty wierd but eh, who cares- at my job we have pretty deep sinks for the dishes. when the staff is done washing dishes and i finished my tasks, theres usually a 20 minute timeframe of just still, warm and greyish water (the dishes dont get that dirty, people arent allowed to dine in) so i just dip my entire arm in there and start swirling the water around. the dish soap we use smells like genuine sea water and the color is a near match so often im stuck with my entire arm in the sink just gazing deeply into the water. i do this whenever possible and if someone walks in i pretend im cleaning

also, i have a collection of river rocks and crystals that i just run under water sometimes. feeling wet rocks is so soothing.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes i like to be in a room completely pitch black, soundproofed, temperature limbo/vertigo ( sensory deprivation meditations ) it really brings my kintype to the surface, feels like being renewed again and i can let my intuition roam free in there as well, or meditations for answers to my questions that i seek about things or about myself in general,

[ATTACH type=full" alt="Adobe_20211122_021506.jpg]4718[/ATTACH]

Take a step into the Nothingness if you dare, you probably find what you are looking for or end up exploring your fears/nightmares of your subconscious

• Like 1

Hoo boy I shifted in spades when I went out to the lake this morning (it's basically a tiny creek right now but still). It was cold and foggy with a cemetery near where I parked the car. There were a few folks out there walking their dogs, but they were few and far between. Everything was so quiet and still and the fog was so thick I couldn't see much more than 150 feet ahead of me. I perused the trails looking for a good spot to meditate and do some grounding work and found a place off the beaten path down past where the waterline would normally be. So I meditated for a bit, practicing my growling while I did so, and when I finished, holy hell creature mode activated like crazy. I shifted so hard that not walking on my toes felt like sacrilege. I kept being drawn further and further down the trail into the oak forest, and I only snapped out of it when I saw a dude walking his dog up the trail and got self-conscious.

Not gonna lie, it was real, real nice to get outta human mode for a spell. I don't usually get the opportunity to go balls-to-the-wall cryptid like that.

Ruin|They/Them|24|Shapeshifting Cryptid/Halfkin

Guest Deleted member 57549

A pine tree has been flirting with me.

While it sounds weird and creepy

from a human point of view,

nothing like someone speaking directly to my -apparently, cute- treeself

to forget I am stuck in a human body.😝

Also, how cool is, finally,

to find social interactions

that feel natural to me.

This makes me feel more connected to my kintype

than sensing any of my branches or roots.

research! i'll choose a random-ass topic (sometimes not by choice, I just shift and NEED to do that topic) and I learn all I can about it
Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

Being outdoors is a big one for me. The smell of trees and grass, the sound of flowing water, the whisper of the wind in the leaves, the feeling of the sun on my skin, they all make me feel very connected to my dragonself. Likely because I lived in very natural environments; I was not a "civilized" dragon, so to speak (we were civil dragons, but we lived in a very natural and "wild" way rather than living in cities and having technology). I've recently come to realize there was more to it as well, a spiritual connection to the natural world that goes back to my dragon life. I'm still exploring it, but I believe that even as a dragon I was spiritually connected to forests and rivers, and that has transferred over to this life.

Swimming is another. It's the closest I'll ever get to flying under my own power, and it's so freeing.

I also sometimes will indulge myself and allow myself to use dragon vocal and body language... if no one is around to wonder what the heck I'm doing that is.

• Like 1

Drakmanka the Black

Dragonkin

Plateosaurus Therian

The crackling wood of a fire in the chill, still air of the night, whose wayward and mysterious smoke evokes an ancient sensation deep in the heart. It is not that fire is something much any animal cherishes, rather that the essence of what has been taken up by the wood hearkens back to a time immemorial. One can truly feel and tell what it is in the smoke, the woody quality of it, and how it rolls with deep heartfelt notes of a place lost.

The deep solitude of silence and the faint tug of wind pulling the stillness just enough in coiling wisps, it becomes the place of trance. It evokes the animal side from within and manifests it into the world, as does any primal thing. It is the air, the earth, the water, the wind, that which is plant and animal, all of it interwoven tightly.

• Like 1

Smilodon Populator

Being with other animals is one of the easiest and most comforting activities I can do to feel in touch with my theriotypes. I spend a lot of time at a local cat shelter and build close bonds with the kitties there. Many get adopted, which is always wonderful, but also sad because I don't get to see them again. Other times I go to small farms to interact with barn animals, which are some of my favorite animals. I take my dog out to see other dogs while on a walk too. Even driving out in the country and seeing the goats, cows, and horses brings me great comfort. Napping in the sun does wonders for the heart and soul too.

:cow:

Ellie/Stella

she/it ❥ polytherian/shapeshifter ❥ libra ❥ vegetarian ❥ artist ❥ activist

For my fictotype:

Applying moisturizer fresh out of a shower feels like a lovely slime coat to me before it dries.

When my hair is well conditioned, it feels naturally cooler to the touch than when it isn't, which makes me feel like I'm carrying a bit of watery magic with me everywhere.

Going to aquariums and looking at all of the animals there always makes me feel connected to the ocean.

Manicures and pedicures, of course.

Sometimes just looking down at my own feet can trigger a Laura shift, since I can still remember how excited I was the first time I saw my feet after gaining the ability to transform into a human.

Two words: platform shoes!

For my dolltype:

Binding

Wearing dresses and skirts.

Intently watching someone go about their business (nobody can handle my full attention).

Being a comfort to others.

Having someone touch/style my hair for me.

Having someone pick out clothing for me.

Spending time in boxes.

Not having to speak.

Spending time with other objects, just soaking up their support and loving energy.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic