The daily interest thread.

A thread to discuss about your interests, new found or old, fandoms and community's.

I have found so many new [iSPOILER]death game[/iSPOILER] movies I greatly love. The annoying part is when you can't even find a censored version. I'm also getting into kandi because of Val wwww.

• Like 3

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My interest process is unusual. I'll usually obsess over something for a period of time, then get bored and move on to something else.

As an example, I used to play The Sims 3 way too much. Then one day I stopped playing and if I try to play it again, I struggle, it's boring.

I have a lot of games that I'll dedicate maybe 300 hours to before moving on. Unfortunately this means I never get to a stage where I could call myself a pro at said game. I get good, but not great.

It's the same deal with my project work. I used to spend a lot of my time on projects for Rise of Berk. Now I'm just meh about it.

Currently...

My project/research interest is the Otherkin subculture.

And my leisure interest is Miitopia but I'm feeling a shift into playing Crusader Kings III. Maybe. We'll see. I've been wrong about my interest shifts in the past.

As long as I have AN interest at all, I'm okay. On the rare case I don't have an active interest, the depression starts seeping in. >.>

• Like 1

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

It has to be Sae-byeok! But story-wise, Gi-hun.

Sweet choice! I do not have one, as it's hard to pick. Sang woo (think you spell his name like that), Ali, Sae byeok, and her friend are really cool though.

[automerge]1633484535[/automerge]

I finished episode one of Squid Game. Thank god the [iSPOILER]blood[/iSPOILER] isn't disturbing, so I can actually watch it.

Edited by Unstable_Day
  • Like 2

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

Please be wary, there's lot of adult themes. I really worry for someone your age watching it.

I'm aware. I don't get disturbed by that stuff, though it did take awhile for me to get comfortable. I really enjoyed episode 1, and also, Squid Game focuses more on the games, story, and characters more than the blood, violence, etc. I just noticed that, as most deaths are just b o o m, super quick.

• Like 1

she/her

Started watching Squid Game myself. Absolutely adore it. It really appeals to my Monsterkin interests.

The fact that the antagonists are...

- Full Suited

- Masked

- (mostly) Silent

- Cold, Swift, and Calculated

Really turns them into monsters themselves. And I love it. I want them to live and succeed but that probably won't happen according to general media rules - the protagonists usually always win. Ah well.

• Like 1

I use tone tags!

Started watching Squid Game myself. Absolutely adore it. It really appeals to my Monsterkin interests.

The fact that the antagonists are...

- Full Suited

- Masked

- (mostly) Silent

- Cold, Swift, and Calculated

Really turns them into monsters themselves. And I love it. I want them to live and succeed but that probably won't happen according to general media rules - the protagonists usually always win. Ah well.

Another fan!

Ikr? The guards design are so unique and generally awesome, kinda reminds me of a play station controller though lol.. But still cool. I just finished the series a few days ago, awesome. Had to skip some scenes because of a bit to disturbing *cough* *cough* ketchup. Number 29 is the best out of all.

[automerge]1633814784[/automerge]

I can't stop watching "How To Beat "The Banana Splits Movie." On YouTube. Uh, guess the movies a new interest.. I mean I known about it for a year though lol.

Edited by Unstable_Day
  • Like 1

she/her

• 2 weeks later...
Got back into Skyrim. Reinstalled, threw a load of mods on. I'm currently playing as an Argonian Battle Mage. One handed + shield using fire based spell damage for ranged combat. Gonna try and achievement hunt a little bit! I've played Skyrim for 300+ hours and I still haven't done everything yet apparently.

I use tone tags!

• 1 month later...
I finally decided to take a look at how SCP: Containment Breach has come along all these years. Watched a recent playthrough and it really impresses me. There's a fair chunk of new content yet it still has the same flavour that fits into the core of The Foundation. I thoroughly enjoyed watching a Let's Play of it from start to finish with all endings included. It all makes me want to get back into reading SCP articles but I don't know where to fit that in amongst my other hobbies...

I use tone tags!

• 2 weeks later...

Reminded me, I'm getting back into FNAF with all this security breach stuff going around.

(PS Sundrops amazing.)

I watched a bit of it recently but can't say I'm too impressed. I can see obviously they wanted to try something different but they've tried to incorporate their knowledge of their previous games' horror into a completely different field of gameplay and it just.. doesn't work.

For my own interests, I'm recently getting into Solo DnD, yes that's a thing. And as a solitary reptile I'm loving it so far. Instead of a DM deciding things for you from a script, you use random word generators and a bit of creative thinking for events, and you use dice to evaluate scenes using questions. I'm currently figuring out the combat part of it, at the moment it's too difficult for a solo player but I definitely don't want to make it too easy either. But I'm slowly developing my own personal ruleset that makes sense.

I use tone tags!

Reminded me, I'm getting back into FNAF with all this security breach stuff going around.

(PS Sundrops amazing.)

Icarus: same!! the daycare attendant is my favorite character

I'd love to play the game but we don't have $40, and I want to play the Help Wanted game but but also don't have enough for that, but at least there's playthroughs of it!

Anomaly

plural | otherkin | alien

:alien:

We've recently really gotten back into roleplay.

Despite there being a huge difference between plurality and roleplay, we do find that rp helps with self-expression. We have to go through most of our life pretending to be a single person, so we aren't always able to express ourselves as different as we really are. For that reason, we like to make characters that represent ourselves for roleplay where we can be more ourselves. These characters aren't really us, but are more based on us, like sonas.

• Like 1

We've recently really gotten back into roleplay.

Despite there being a huge difference between plurality and roleplay, we do find that rp helps with self-expression. We have to go through most of our life pretending to be a single person, so we aren't always able to express ourselves as different as we really are. For that reason, we like to make characters that represent ourselves for roleplay where we can be more ourselves. These characters aren't really us, but are more based on us, like sonas.

It's one of the reasons I got into DnD back when I was plural. It felt like one of the few ways I could openly express my alters and it was just so raw and pure. To the others, I was just good at staying in character. But alas, I WAS my character.

• Like 1

I use tone tags!

Getting back into my Guild Wars 2 addiction. I've officially unlocked all of the rideable mounts in the game, hooray! Now going to work on all the campaign missions I have yet to finish off.

This is my main: a Charr Ranger named Aphotic Dreamweaver. Royal Purple is their thing.

[spoiler=pic][ATTACH type=full]5030[/ATTACH]

I use tone tags!

I JUST HAD THE BEST NIGHT OF MY FUCKING LIFE.

CONTEXT: I play Roblox every night with my friend Dark. I'm a Roblox myth, their not a hunter nor myth, I call them fans. They have a game where we mess around with gear, music AND THEN WE FOUND OUT WE COULD MORPH OURSELVES INTO OTHER MYTHS AND IT WAS SI AMAZING WE EVEN INVITED TONS OF PEOPLE!!!!

Screenshots?! Here!!!

Spiral is me and DarkShadowRB is Dark.

[ATTACH type=full]5036[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5037[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5038[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5039[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5040[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5041[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5042[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5044[/ATTACH]

Recently I have been feeling terrible and a bit lonely because if my sister leaving, but now I got Dark and some others!! Their a great pal, and thanks to my friends on KM.

she/her