A "search by kintype" feature

If a tagged field were to be added where people could list their kintype labels and their synonyms, a search feature could be implemented to find people of the same kintype.

Since the kintype database is an existing project, one could group related kintypes into various categories (for instance if someone listed themselves as a wyvern and dragon, results for kobolds without dragon would also show up).

Implementing some form of NLP (I could help with this) via GPT-J that scans the posts of users, and compares it to your posts, could also assist people in finding people with shared experiences by using sentiment and context analysis to compare post topics and help link people with those with shared experiences. Such could also be configured to filter by active users so people aren't searching for dead accounts.

Somehow, I would like to use my coding and ML knowledge to help the site, so if there's any way I could help with anything, please lmk.

• Like 1

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

The difficult part is sticking to a similar syntax amongst all labels. The text field in one's profile for 'Kintype' is not filtered in any way so someone could easily write "I think I'm X and Y" and suddenly you'll find you can search for kintypes called "think".

And categorisation in itself is a lengthy and often debatable topic - like how some say wyverns are their own distinct species and not related to dragons.

Of course, I don't say this as discouragement. These are just some thoughts of my own and I'm interested to see how you would respond to each problem. I adore projects like these and think it would be very valuable.

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

The difficult part is sticking to a similar syntax amongst all labels. The text field in one's profile for 'Kintype' is not filtered in any way so someone could easily write "I think I'm X and Y" and suddenly you'll find you can search for kintypes called "think".

And categorisation in itself is a lengthy and often debatable topic - like how some say wyverns are their own distinct species and not related to dragons.

Of course, I don't say this as discouragement. These are just some thoughts of my own and I'm interested to see how you would respond to each problem. I adore projects like these and think it would be very valuable.

Hence why NLP could be used to categorize and automatically merge these related key words, by using the kintype database as a basis for key word search

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson