A question about connecting

Hello there,

I have been searching for a place for some advice. (hopefully this isn't too depressing or vague even)

For a long time I have felt very disconnected from my true self. My kintype maybe. (I am new to all of this as well)

I want to be more connected to, act, and think more like my true self, but something stops me. Maybe anxiety, but it definitely isn't conscious anxiety. I don't actually have any negative thoughts about it. It's like a physical barrier a tightness.

Do you have any advice on how to sort of merge my human self with my true self?

How to make it automatic and natural to act more like my true self all the time?

Thank your for your time.

Meditate. Maybe research your kin type. Feel free to privately message me. I’m on a time crunch so this reply is short.

(he/they/it) Part of a system. Mainly just Jay on here

Costal wolf, Australian Shepard doggo, water dragon, dhole, and a grey/costal fox. Cat-hearted. Questioning demon.

minor - Age and pet regressor - autistic - I know lots so dm if u need help <3

That's pretty difficult to do when you're stressed or interacting with a bunch of (human) people. Your brain will revert to its usual habits in order to get by.

Don't worry too much about being that way all the time. I'm not sure if that's even possible unless you live completely alone. Instead, find time when you can relax, when it doesn't matter if you act a little odd. Go a little at a time until it feels more comfortable. Pay attention to what situations make you feel more like yourself, and what situations cause you to put the mask back on again.

One thing that is distinctly human is our reliance on text and words. Get off the computer for awhile. Go outside if you can. If you can't, try to bring nature to you. Play nature sounds, get some plants, or whatever helps. I got a big wall hanging to go in my room of some natural scenery. It's not the same as being outside, but it still looks nice.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

That's pretty difficult to do when you're stressed or interacting with a bunch of (human) people. Your brain will revert to its usual habits in order to get by.

Don't worry too much about being that way all the time. I'm not sure if that's even possible unless you live completely alone. Instead, find time when you can relax, when it doesn't matter if you act a little odd. Go a little at a time until it feels more comfortable. Pay attention to what situations make you feel more like yourself, and what situations cause you to put the mask back on again.

One thing that is distinctly human is our reliance on text and words. Get off the computer for awhile. Go outside if you can. If you can't, try to bring nature to you. Play nature sounds, get some plants, or whatever helps. I got a big wall hanging to go in my room of some natural scenery. It's not the same as being outside, but it still looks nice.

Thank you for the response.

This is a good suggestion, I suppose I already do this to a certain extent. I know I can never be truly non human all the time, but there are certain aspects of my non human self that I really want to be a part of my normal human life too. All of which are things I know I can do with really only the benefit of making me happier. I have simulated different situations probably 1000's of times in my head with the differences I want, but I guess the mask as you call it (a good description) always covers it all up.

Do you think it is impossible to achieve even that?

I would be happier probably if the mask was completely gone, I would rather work out something better from there than from where it is now.

I think it is something you need to continuously put effort into, and some days will be better than others. It's not really a problem that you can solve and then be done with it. Over time you might get better at finding out what works and what doesn't. The mask does have its uses, and you do wear it for a reason. If it didn't have any value, you wouldn't rely on it so much. Be mindful of both the good and the bad, and then you might find more room to make your own choices.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

I think it is something you need to continuously put effort into, and some days will be better than others. It's not really a problem that you can solve and then be done with it. Over time you might get better at finding out what works and what doesn't. The mask does have its uses, and you do wear it for a reason. If it didn't have any value, you wouldn't rely on it so much. Be mindful of both the good and the bad, and then you might find more room to make your own choices.

Thank you.

I will keep all of this in mind and keep trying. :)