What's the cringiest thing you've done in school (that you feel comfortable sharing?)

I had to analyze an article once. It was by an African man, giving bad writing advice about Africa. I was very mad because I don't like stereotypes, and I was confused as to why someone would encourage an author to write that way about his continent.

It was satire...

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Here we go...

1. Thinking I had a romantic interest in someone. We dated for a week, but I knew it wasn't for me as soon as we held hands. It was all so cringy.

2. A classmate asked me who I'm crushing on. They expected to me to show them a real person but I showed them a pic of an animated fictional character and... I die inside every time I remember that. mmf. Nothing wrong with liking fic characters of course, it just wasn't what she was expecting.

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

There is a lot of things. But off of the top of my head, one of the worst was probably when me and my friends locked into a weird squatting position and then ran through the halls (during passing period btw) in that position laughing. Yeah...another one was probably when me and my entire GSA club went through the halls loudly saying "if you're gay and you know it clap your hands" and then everyone clapped extremely loud and we did that over and over, and we interrupted the show choir practice and when the teacher scolded us we all just laughed and kept going. Luckily we were gone within the minute. JDNSJAJDBW.
Levi🗣️

I was very much a r/Iam14andthisisdeep and r/iamverysmart cringelord lmfao

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

As overcompensation for being bullied in elementary school, I became a rather abrasive being to exist around when I got older. Being cruel and quick tempered was the only way to get people to leave me alone, so that's the persona I projected to everyone outside of my small friend group. The cringiest thing, to me, to come of that unfortunate transformation was an incident in which I heard through the grapevine that one of my friends was saying unsavory things about me behind my back. Instead of confronting her calmly and finding out if what I was hearing was even the truth, I cornered her in front of everybody during a school social event and screamed in her face about how she was a traitor and a bitch. She fled, obviously very distressed at my attack, and we never spoke again. I still do not know if she was actually saying mean things about me, or if it was all a misunderstanding. Looking back on the incident never fails to make me cringe with shame that I did not handle myself better, nor did I even think to extend a smidgeon of respect to someone I had considered to be a friend by allowing her a calm place to defend herself and possibly clear her name. If I saw her today, I would apologize.
  • Like 1

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

2. A classmate asked me who I'm crushing on. They expected to me to show them a real person but I showed them a pic of an animated fictional character and... I die inside every time I remember that. mmf. Nothing wrong with liking fic characters of course, it just wasn't what she was expecting.

Same lol

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I did my fair share of cringe in middle school. Nothing over the top though. But My freshman year of highschool, I was all about being vegan. We had a writing assignment in english where we had to convince somebody to do something different. It was supposed to be a 7 minute speech. I did a 12 minute speech on why you should be vegan. The teacher said I broke a record.
  • Like 1

Red Western Dragon Kin. Psych Kin. Consumer of Publix sweet tea. 🐲🐲🔥🔥🍵

20yr. Call me Dre/Dreanna. She/her mostly but He/Him is okay.

queer fem woman, also man.

I don't find it cringy but apparently the other students do, but when I raise my hand I'm use to having different hands/paws so I put it in a very odd shape and everyone looks at me weirdly, or just laughs.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

I don't find it cringy but apparently the other students do, but when I raise my hand I'm use to having different hands/paws so I put it in a very odd shape and everyone looks at me weirdly, or just laughs.

I automatically fold my hand into the shape of a paw.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Wearing a full on cosplay (minus the wig) to class. This was in undergrad. It was my last class of evening and I had a concert right after that I was wearing this thing for. (We played anime and video game music.) But I just come stomping into stats class in full on Mello from Death Note, head to toe leather, combat boots and all. I got some, uh, interesting looks...
  • Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

When I was far younger and more or less alone as a youth, I collected rocks and would mark my territory with them outside by placing them in specific spots, then more or less patrol around it. I kept expanding this territory to the point that my rock piles became notable boundaries and, the children being intimidated by me and knowing I was hardly sociable or friendly - for those who have read anything about my youth here before, they knew I "played pretend as a tiger" - were more or less prevented from crossing over from the pavement and into or near the rock borders of an entire side of the school until the faculty destroyed all my sign-posts.

This only made me angrier and while I do not recall what I did about it, it certainly involved being only more aggressive toward everyone - especially as they would shoo me away from attempting to reestablish the boundaries.

• Like 1

Smilodon Populator