Hobby and Routine/Habits Talk

I am interested in knowing what kinds of things KM members get up to in their spare time. Are there any hobbies you are currently attempting to master? What about any daily routines/good habits you'd like to establish? Nothing is too small (or big) to be mentioned. If you haven't been working on anything new lately, what would you consider to be your favorite accomplishment as far as your chosen activity goes? If you do not have the means to start a hobby right now, what would be your dream hobby to participate in?

My new thing has been needle felting, and I've also been eyeing wood carving. I find more and more that I really enjoy tasks involving using my hands.

I think if I could do any kind of hobby without worrying about money or other limitations, I would choose cave diving. It is one of the world's most dangerous things to do, but as a watery being I simply cannot ignore the allure of being down there in the deep ocean.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

I write. A lot. Fiction, mostly fantasy. I love the worldbuilding and the discovery (or recovery) of wonderous, far off places. And I love the possibilties. There's nothing you can't do with writing. I'm hoping to eventually publish a novel.

Aside from writing, I pick up instruments the way most people accumulate shoes. I have, at last count, 17 instruments in my apartment. That in no way means that I can play them all. I'm learning. Most of them. There are three that if you blindfolded me, just handed me the instrument, and said play a song, I could easily do so. I've bought some of these, but quite a few of them have just happened.

When I'm not doing either of those things, I'm probably reading. Mostly fantasy and lore. Or cooking. I grew up in the kitchen and I do like food. Or I might be out in the woods with my tiny, hyperactive void monster. (I have an 8 pound, leash-trained black cat who seemingly believes herself to be a mighty jaguar. She likes going hiking with me.) Once the weather's a little more solidly decent and I can maybe get a second income stream up and going, I'm hoping to take up archery.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

I think if I could do any kind of hobby without worrying about money or other limitations, I would choose cave diving. It is one of the world's most dangerous things to do, but as a watery being I simply cannot ignore the allure of being down there in the deep ocean.

Cave diving sounds cool but also oof, be careful. I think it would give some awesome species euphoria but we still have these weak and fragile human bodies.

This sign sticks with me.

For my own hobbies, well I've dropped a lot and picked up some things over the years. Thankfully experience hardly leaves me so I can always come back to these things. These days I just game and lead squads. Not sure if that really counts as a hobby or not?

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

I've been drawing since I could remember, so I usually don't go long without drawing something. I love to cook but my current house doesn't let me do that very easily. I play tennis when I can. I've also dabbled in wood carving and like video games a lot. I plan on joining a boxing class when I have the funds to do so.

Red Western Dragon Kin. Psych Kin. Consumer of Publix sweet tea. 🐲🐲🔥🔥🍵

20yr. Call me Dre/Dreanna. She/her mostly but He/Him is okay.

queer fem woman, also man.

I write. A lot. Fiction, mostly fantasy. I love the worldbuilding and the discovery (or recovery) of wonderous, far off places. And I love the possibilties. There's nothing you can't do with writing. I'm hoping to eventually publish a novel.

Aside from writing, I pick up instruments the way most people accumulate shoes. I have, at last count, 17 instruments in my apartment. That in no way means that I can play them all. I'm learning. Most of them. There are three that if you blindfolded me, just handed me the instrument, and said play a song, I could easily do so. I've bought some of these, but quite a few of them have just happened.

When I'm not doing either of those things, I'm probably reading. Mostly fantasy and lore. Or cooking. I grew up in the kitchen and I do like food. Or I might be out in the woods with my tiny, hyperactive void monster. (I have an 8 pound, leash-trained black cat who seemingly believes herself to be a mighty jaguar. She likes going hiking with me.) Once the weather's a little more solidly decent and I can maybe get a second income stream up and going, I'm hoping to take up archery.

I honestly love instruments, and it's difficult for me to not collect them too. I currently have an electric guitar that I mostly just admire the look of (I want to take lessons someday, though), and I've been talking myself out of getting a violin and a keyboard for years. And archery! I also wish to take up the bow.

Cave diving sounds cool but also oof, be careful. I think it would give some awesome species euphoria but we still have these weak and fragile human bodies.

[...]

For my own hobbies, well I've dropped a lot and picked up some things over the years. Thankfully experience hardly leaves me so I can always come back to these things. These days I just game and lead squads. Not sure if that really counts as a hobby or not?

Yeah, it's quite risky. I've heard a lot of horror stories about folks who overestimated their abilities and drowned as a result of it.

Gaming is totally a hobby, in my opinion!

I've been drawing since I could remember, so I usually don't go long without drawing something. I love to cook but my current house doesn't let me do that very easily. I play tennis when I can. I've also dabbled in wood carving and like video games a lot. I plan on joining a boxing class when I have the funds to do so.

Boxing sounds really fun! I hope you get to join that class sooner rather than later.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

My biggest hobby (that I am hoping to turn into a career) is writing. I write hundreds of thousands of words a year. Fiction mostly, but I'll dabble in nonfiction from time to time. I'm in the last year of my writing degree and after that, I'm going to devote a year to trying to break into the industry, and if I don't think I'm making enough headway I will go to grad school and continue my education.

Drawing is another big hobby of mine. I've been drawing since I was nine and am entirely self-taught. I love drawing characters. I don't do any fanart. I devote a lot of my drawing energy and time to the RP groups I am in and drawing myself.

I read a lot... when I can. School takes up all my reading time right now so I don't get to read so much, but once I've graduated I will have reading time again.

I love playing tabletop RPGs and video games as well. I'm in five D&D games and one Exalted game, and am planning a Fate game for after I graduate. I play the MMO Final Fantasy XIV and run a raid group.

Perhaps a little stereotypical of a dragon, but I collect a lot of things too, and I find a lot of joy in my collections. I collect dice, enamel pins, acrylic charms, trading cards, tarot cards, crystals/stones, plush toys, dolls, stationery, washi tape, and I want to start collecting fountain pens, but I've been holding off.

This one is more of a side job and hobby combined, but I love divination and I do tarot, oracle, and rune readings when school doesn't keep me too busy.

the black sands
A multi-faceted being comprised of human & nonhuman facets.
Werewolf copinglink. 🐺  •  Otherhearted. 💕
they/them

When I'm not at school I'm either roleplaying or working on a roblox game. I'd love to get into coding and get better at modeling in general. A hobby I'd love to get into is cosplaying no doubt about it. A few other hobbies I have is playing video games, drawing, reading, and talking with people online.

I'd like to get into the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour instead of staying up late talking to my friends on discord.

Please call me Ness, my partner is the only person allowed to call me Nessie.

I'd like to get into the habit of going to bed at a reasonable hour instead of staying up late talking to my friends on discord.

SAME, THOUGH. I am way too old to be up as late as I habitually am. But time zones make things difficult and everyone I know is kind of scattered to the four corners of the earth. Reasonable bedtime, though. Definitely a habit I'd like to pick up.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir