Finding Your Theriotype or Kintype subspecies

Does anyone else have trouble identifying their theriotypes subspecies?

I’ve known my theriotype is a wolf for almost 8 years now, but I’ve been struggling to identify if I am a specific subspecies of Canis l. Or simply a grey wolf.

The only clues I have that may help me are:

1. My coat colour: light grey coat, paler legs and face with brown accents to the ears, eyes and nose.

2. I’m drawn to colder/forested environments typically found in Alaska, Canada, Yukon area, Yellowstone National Park area to name a few.

3. I prefer colder climates & seasons like autumn & winter, I also seem to have a higher tolerance for cold weather.

4. The few dreams I had if my theriotype, always took place in snow-swept environments with little to no trees.

5. My theriotype feels as though it is connected to Storms, rain etc.

Maybe something to do with the environment? I believe my name is also tied to this connection.

6. The name I was called to for my wolf is Storm Talis.

“Storm” was the original name that I tied to my wolf.

“Talis” I came across further down the line which means ”wise”.

However, when I was researching wolf species, I came across the Mackenzie Valley Wolf which scientific name is “Canis lupus occidentalis” notice “talis” makes up the last few letters in the scientific name. Could my name be connected to this species of wolf?

If we go back to the 6th point I made about the Mackenzie Valley Wolf subspecies, they are geographically found in Alaska and Canada. They are also Known as the Alaskan Timber Wolf and the Canadian Timber Wolf respectively. I’m also pretty sure these regions are known for having cold climates, so I might possible be a Mackenzie Valley Wolf?

I don’t want to jump to conclusions yet, but so far the findings I’ve gathered seem to lead to said subspecies. I’d like to have more dreams about my theriotype to hopefully get more information but sadly, I don’t dream as often.

As of now I can’t think of anymore things that may help me determine my subspecies but I will mention them when they come or mind.

If you have any suggestions for finding your theriorypes subspecies please feel free to drop a comment ^^

Storm Talis | Canis Lupus | Australia | She/Her

🐾

“There’s A Pack Of Wolves Living In Her Soul.”

I wonder if there are any behaviors that differentiate between the type of wolf you are looking at and other similar types. That could provide some insight, maybe? It might also just be that more time is needed.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

I have difficulty with this as well. I have recently come to the conclusion that I'm a Canadian Arctic Wolf. That's based mostly on dreams and memories of snow, pine and fir forests, and pretty much year round chill. I know I had very thick, very light fur. I also know I was big. That all fits with an arctic wolf, a neighbor to your possible McKenzie Valley Wolf.

Almost as recently, though, I've begun wondering if perhaps I lived more than one life as a wolf. I remember being good a bit smaller, with thinner fur in a mostly dark, reddish brown color with some light markings. Some of my features, such as the size and furring of my paws and ears, were different, too. I don't get any flashes of that with snow or cold, really at all. Most of what I get with that one is searing heat and an arid environment. Nary a pine or fir tree to be seen. Very little to be seen, actually, except scrub brush and the occasional huge, spikey plant. It's a very strange landscape. I can believe I lived more than once as a wolf, but that environment is completely foreign to me. At least coming from where I do in this lifetime, I was able to recognize much of the foliage and weather my arctic wolf remembers. But I have no clue with this other.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

I say make a list on who you are. Make it very detailed or as much as you can remember. Then look at othe wolves.

That's a really good idea. I think in my own case, while I'm sure the arctic wolf was a wolf (even if I'm a hair less sure if I was a Canadian Arctic Wolf or a Canadian Timber Wolf), I'll probably look at any vaguely wolf-shaped wild canids that comes from arid environments like the one I remember for the other. (Because, for instance, I know I wasn't a painted dog. The shape is all wrong.) I think I was a wolf, but I don't know if that's because I actually was a wolf, or if it's because I know I lived as a wolf at least once. I don't want to bias myself.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

Posted (edited)

I wonder if there are any behaviors that differentiate between the type of wolf you are looking at and other similar types. That could provide some insight, maybe? It might also just be that more time is needed.

Hmm I’m not too sure, I’ll have to sit and think about it. You might be right, maybe I need to be a bit more patient for things to come into fruition.

[automerge]1648045737[/automerge]

I have difficulty with this as well. I have recently come to the conclusion that I'm a Canadian Arctic Wolf. That's based mostly on dreams and memories of snow, pine and fir forests, and pretty much year round chill. I know I had very thick, very light fur. I also know I was big. That all fits with an arctic wolf, a neighbor to your possible McKenzie Valley Wolf.

Almost as recently, though, I've begun wondering if perhaps I lived more than one life as a wolf. I remember being good a bit smaller, with thinner fur in a mostly dark, reddish brown color with some light markings. Some of my features, such as the size and furring of my paws and ears, were different, too. I don't get any flashes of that with snow or cold, really at all. Most of what I get with that one is searing heat and an arid environment. Nary a pine or fir tree to be seen. Very little to be seen, actually, except scrub brush and the occasional huge, spikey plant. It's a very strange landscape. I can believe I lived more than once as a wolf, but that environment is completely foreign to me. At least coming from where I do in this lifetime, I was able to recognize much of the foliage and weather my arctic wolf remembers. But I have no clue with this other.

I find it quite difficult to dream. I think I need to do some inner work before I can learn to dream and meditate again- dreams will definitely give me answers because the dreams I had in the past about my wolf self are very permanent in mind.

For now I’ll probably have to work with the information I have. Based off the environment I experienced in my dreams, my personality and characteristics, my name, climate preferences and diet Etc.

And I definitely think it’s possible to have experienced more than one life as a wolf. Judging by the way you describe the wolf And the environment for your second wolf thereotype, it kind of sounds like it may have been an Arabian Wolf? They live in a desert environment, barren with mostly dry shrubs. They are small with thinner coats and reddish brown fur.

[automerge]1648045790[/automerge]

I say make a list on who you are. Make it very detailed or as much as you can remember. Then look at othe wolves.

That’s not a bad idea, I’ll try it!

Edited by Storm Talis

🐾

I find it quite difficult to dream. I think I need to do some inner work before I can learn to dream and meditate again- dreams will definitely give me answers because the dreams I had in the past about my wolf self are very permanent in mind.

For now I’ll probably have to work with the information I have. Based off the environment I experienced in my dreams, my personality and characteristics, my name, climate preferences and diet Etc.

Currently, I'm trying to learn to lucid dream as well as get better at meditation and astral projection. I think those would be extremely useful skills for this. I've just had a hard time mastering them.

And I definitely think it’s possible to have experienced more than one life as a wolf. Judging by the way you describe the wolf And the environment for your second wolf thereotype, it kind of sounds like it may have been an Arabian Wolf? They live in a desert environment, barren with mostly dry shrubs. They are small with thinner coats and reddish brown fur.

That's a good thought! Thank you. I'll have to look into that.

Rowan

Currently, I'm trying to learn to lucid dream as well as get better at meditation and astral projection. I think those would be extremely useful skills for this. I've just had a hard time mastering them.

That's a good thought! Thank you. I'll have to look into that.

I want to get into lucid dreaming and meditating, I just don’t have the mindset for it. I’m a very distracted person. But it takes practice commitment and patience. Something that can be learnt with dedication for sure, so I should probably devote some time to both of those. Like you said they would be useful skills for this situation.

🐾

I absolutely feel the struggle when it came to finding the subspecies for two of my kintypes (Kenai Peninsula Wolf and Eurasian Lynx) and for me it came down to finding the exact habits and locations that I lived in. I would suggest watching documentaries, nature slideshows, even going to those places if possible to see if any of them click. Especially for my Kenai Peninsula Wolf kintype when I first saw the Kenai Peninsula my jaw dropped. It felt and looked like home.

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

I absolutely feel the struggle when it came to finding the subspecies for two of my kintypes (Kenai Peninsula Wolf and Eurasian Lynx) and for me it came down to finding the exact habits and locations that I lived in. I would suggest watching documentaries, nature slideshows, even going to those places if possible to see if any of them click. Especially for my Kenai Peninsula Wolf kintype when I first saw the Kenai Peninsula my jaw dropped. It felt and looked like home.

That‘s very interesting. I have never heard of the Kenai Peninsula Wolf. It’s kind of crazy how many subspecies of wolf there are, both existing and extinct, and the unique habitats they are native to. I’ll definitely take your advice and watch documentaries on different places and environments. Thanks!

🐾