Quote yourself on things you've said regarding your Otherkin status!

Has some weird quip ever just slipped from your mouth when you talk about being Otherkin? Put them here!

-(Looking in a mirror, sleep-deprived, Sunny M-shift) "I have my own trauma demons, can yours please screw off for the time being?"

-"DUCKING KNEES!"

-"Whoever drags me out of my den first gets 100 clams and the Kel award."

Kel representative: "I love clams."

-"I'm memekin, didn't you know?" (I figured out I was a caracal from a Big Floppa meme)

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

There are a number of quotes I have yet, as one can surmise from my nature, hardly are any of them so light-hearted. A few I present as a result:

"Farewell little brother (or little sister), it was good seeing you for a time."

- With regard to speaking to the lesser feral cats after interacting with them.

"The strange part is, I have no fear of death. If anything I regard death as a close friend, death is just a part of the nature of things - we know one another quite well. There is no need to be afraid of the angel of death, rather we should all make peace with them long before we ever need to meet, that way when we do (again), it is a familiar and mutual understanding."

- Attempting to explain what is regarded as an unnatural lack of fear.

"Why do I not do some things? Why not try to change the world and instead of living as a hermit? Because I am not called to be. Everyone wants to, and makes the mistake of, thinking they can change the world but how many of them are called to? Only a few of us understand who we are."

- A reply to confrontation over the critique of modern values.

"If I am but a mere servant to the world, imagine then what a man is if I am far greater than him by myself."

- On the immense sense of purpose and self-worth over humans.

"A revelation came to me; all the world is made up of sacrifice. Nothing in this life is free, each and every thing has a cost taken from something else."

- Contemplation on the nature of consuming things (animals) as food.

Smilodon Populator

"Why do I not do some things? Why not try to change the world and instead of living as a hermit? Because I am not called to be. Everyone wants to, and makes the mistake of, thinking they can change the world but how many of them are called to? Only a few of us understand who we are."

- A reply to confrontation over the critique of modern values.

This speaks to me way more than it should.

• Like 1

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

"The world I belong in is happy and bright. The people are kind at heart and mostly gentle. Emotions are so important, so powerful, that they become magic itself."

- from journal

"My play centered around transformations, animals, and water. I vehemently rejected playing 'babydolls' or anything human-centric (I did cave to peer pressure at times, but hated it)."

- from journal

"You've always had a cat."

- when I nudged my partner for a petting and he jokingly asked me when he got a cat

"I am experiencing...fish to fish communication."

- me to a friend the first time I got to talk to another mermaid

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

"I don't want to study for midterms, I just want to go chase a squirrel or something!" - One of the only instances as an adult where I actually did give in and end up chasing rabbits all over campus, howling as we went, because my close friends I was with at the time just rolled with that comment rather than question it and we did just that. It was glorious.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

"I don't wanna study for the math test, I wanna suplex some freaking boulders! NGAHH!"

- Mental shift

"Something smells fishy... oh wait its just me."

- Me after finding out what my fictotype is.

"Holy, isn't my mom dying a Disney reference?"

- At my mom's funeral

"DAMN PHANTOM FANGS!!"

- During a phantom shift biting my inner cheeks.

"Ah screw it! WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU THE ANSWER WHEN WE'RE GONNA FAIL ANYWAY? NGAHHH!"

- Mental shift during a reading test

A few more of collected quotes, similar to those I provided earlier. As before they demonstrate a strong sense of how I converse with myself and the way in which I interact with the world:

"In order to be an animal, one has to do the things animals do."

- In reference to pushing oneself to perform a task which the human self resists.

"All my life I have lived in the mundane world and it has taught me I am indeed not of this world."

- Reflections on the sensation of alienation from the societal norms of man.

"What has been given to me, no one can take away. I am not my name, I am not my clothes, not my station, or my wealth, or anything. Truly there is nothing that can be taken from me."

- Confrontations with the supposed crisis of life in review.

"No, I reject these things not because they are popular, but because they are evil."

- Rebuke delivered as part of criticism to modern media and social values.

"I am no less a believer in God because I do not worship God as you know God, rather I am more a believer in God because I have met God as God is. Wherever I look, there God is, and God plays this game with me where God reminds me God exists in each and every thing."

- A theocentric mystical explanation of panentheism.

"The humor of a very dead thing being made living is not lost on me; the allusion and metaphor of having been dead and then renewed in life is one of the sweetest fruits of truth I have been gifted."

- One of many musings.

Smilodon Populator

-(Walking inside, panting, after nearly catching a squirrel) "Did you know that squirrels scream?"

-"Wait, I need to catch this butterfly."

-(Fishing) "My Time is apparently a good song to retrieve a spinner to."

-(Talking about an Omori AMV) "It's like you with Avengers: Endgame. Whenever I watch it, I cry. Without fail."

• 2 weeks later...
"Why do I not just have fur? That would make all of this so much easier." - I am bad at clothes. My best friend is good at them. She was trying to help me coordinate.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir