Technological advancements you wish to see within your lifetime.

The title explains it all. Go as crazy and weird as you'll like. I want to see some imagination. I'll start...

Hover beds. No more back pain and the best sleep of your life. I want it to feel like your actually sleeping in the air. You know what, why not make it so you only sleep on air. It will be an air bubble. That way it will be possible to control temperature and humidity. Maybe even have the ability to add scents.

I can imagine that such technology will be very useful in the medical field.

• Like 2

I just wanna see the day where cyborg augments (like limb replacements, not brain chips or the like) are mainstream and available to the public. I want cool robot limbsss

Okay, but like, wiiiiingsss. We could have wings. And unlike their bone and flesh, feathery counterparts, there's potential for figuring out how to make these actually functional. What I wouldn't give to have proper, working wings again...

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Okay, list:

Something to add nonhuman DNA to humans and then activate it to change the appearance and give abilities.

Tapeta lucida implants for the eyes that won't cause blindness,

Pupil shape alteration. I want slit-shaped pupils so bad!

Gill implants.

Claw implants to replace nails.

Okay but, genetically engineered winged cats. I want one so bad.

Something to modify egg cells so I can have half animal children if I want.

Cyborg limbs yes please..

Inbuilt voice modulators.

Also having chips in our skin would be helpful. The chips could include our ID, medical requirements, licenses, and we could use it for payment of services. I mean we already chip and tag our animals so.

• Like 1

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

Inbuilt voice modulators.

Yes, this! It would be so helpful not just for our community, but for the trans community, too. (I know we've got a lot of overlap.) I would absolutely love to be able to match how I'm presenting that day. It was make me a lot more confident, that's for sure.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Really truly genuinely self-driving cars. My wife can't drive and my daughter is too scared to drive. Not to mention it would solve the problem of people texting while driving.

Implantable lab on a chip, not just for diabetics but for everyone. Keep your telehealth doctor up to date and lower healthcare costs. Manage hormone therapy for trans people, vitamin deficiencies, medications, etc.

Realistic VR, because if portals and shapeshifting aren't here yet, then VR would be the next best thing.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Selective gene activation. Hypothetically, one could have their genes changed to better resemble their theriotype. It's all a matter of turning on the genes for fur or feathers or a tail.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Selective gene activation. Hypothetically, one could have their genes changed to better resemble their theriotype. It's all a matter of turning on the genes for fur or feathers or a tail.

Interestingly enough, humans actually already have the required genes to grow feathers, those genes just aren't activated. And if we have those, considering we never even evolved from birds, fur and scales should be even more plausible. But what would determine the color? Fur would probably just be hair color, but I'm not sure about scales and feathers.

[automerge]1648851955[/automerge]

Interestingly enough, humans actually already have the required genes to grow feathers, those genes just aren't activated. And if we have those, considering we never even evolved from birds, fur and scales should be even more plausible. But what would determine the color? Fur would probably just be hair color, but I'm not sure about scales and feathers.

Lol, I'm such a nerd for typing all this. But I wonder if I could change my hair color without dye this way.

[automerge]1648851955[/automerge]

Lol, I'm such a nerd for typing all this. But I wonder if I could change my hair color without dye this way.

I think that the same pigments that create fur, hair, and skin color apply to feathers and scales as well. (ex. melanin being a pigment for the color black)

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

The truly most fantastical yet technologically oriented and "possible" - in the most grounded sense of science fiction that is - would be to create a "Ark Earth" or better said, turning the entire planet into a wildlife sanctuary and allowing it to be absent humans and undergo natural recovery. Sending all of humanity off and away across space barring wardens kept to engage in reintroduction of extinct in the wild species and the restoration of habitats, as well as the safe decommissioning of hazardous materials left behind in the environment.

It is purely imaginary, outside the realm of accomplishment, but it would be the best possible outcome for man and everything else I can think of. He can scarcely get his head out of the clouds, or rather now space, why not send him off to it?

Smilodon Populator

The truly most fantastical yet technologically oriented and "possible" - in the most grounded sense of science fiction that is - would be to create a "Ark Earth" or better said, turning the entire planet into a wildlife sanctuary and allowing it to be absent humans and undergo natural recovery. Sending all of humanity off and away across space barring wardens kept to engage in reintroduction of extinct in the wild species and the restoration of habitats, as well as the safe decommissioning of hazardous materials left behind in the environment.

It is purely imaginary, outside the realm of accomplishment, but it would be the best possible outcome for man and everything else I can think of. He can scarcely get his head out of the clouds, or rather now space, why not send him off to it?

I'd love for this to happen, but I'm also against colonizing other planets because if there is life there, humans would probably destroy it by accident.

I want fully customizable eyes that I can change the look of in a second, just like changing your wallpaper. It would be cool to have little animated flower petals floating around on my eyeball screens, or maybe turning them rainbow, or even making them glow in the dark. I also want an unbreakable jaw and teeth. I want to be able to snap a rock with my bite power. And bring back Moon Boots, but take them to the next level. Ultra durable, sky high bounce, maybe some kind of safety auto balance system that activates to keep folks from splatting themselves into the ground from landing mistakes and such.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic