Would a warrior cats kin count as a therian?

Warrior cats are very humanized. They think and act like humans, even if they do depend on their noses a lot. They're not the same as actual feral cats. For that reason, I'd say no.
  • Like 1

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Ooo I love this question. Yes, if we are going by the sole fact they are cats, they are Therian. However, does that make a Pinkie Pie a Therian for identifying as a pony which is a real animal? Would someone who is a Pokemon be an Otherkin or Theriomythic because of a Pokemon's animal like quality?
  • Like 1

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

My agreement lies with @Shezep and it should be said that Warrior Cats of their mythos do not engage in and act as mundane animals. They, along with similar cases, exhibit sapience above that roughly approximate to other animals of which we can compare them to on Earth; it is for the same reason lions from The Lion King are not equivalent to the average lion one finds in Tsavo. By minimum reasonable standard, they are not just "therians" and would likely fall into a category as "fictotherian" or similar.

Smilodon Populator

I think the might be where the label fictotherian comes in.

I def agree with this, but I also met a Warriors fictionkin once who considered themselves just a therian and fictionkin, not a fictotherian.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

I def agree with this, but I also met a Warriors fictionkin once who considered themselves just a therian and fictionkin, not a fictotherian.

It's probably just a weird grey area like Theriomythic tends to be. It does make sense though for someone like a Warrior Cats Fictionkin. While, yes, it is fictional, you're also just a normal cat outside of a human-esc mind. Like if someone was a dog from Beverly Hills Chihuahua. For all intents and purposes, you're literally just a dog, but your mind is just more human.

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

I agree with the fictotherian category on this. I think that, in order to also be considered a therian, they would need to also have shifts or traits related to the realistic version of their type.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

This is a difficult one. I've read the books and these cats to me are just cats. The only differences between Warrior cats and regular cats is that the Warriors exhibit a pack dynamic, are aware of their place within the Universe and have morals. And just like any other animal, their main goal is survival.

Now if they were anything like the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, then it's a different story. The Guardians are owls that have become more than owls. They had subdued their savage nature in pursue of knowledge. They reflect human nature. Warrior Cats in comparison to these owls looks like savages.

My opinion, I see Warrior cats as a definite fictotherian. The owls, I see more as just fictionkin. They are too sapient to be animals, even if they are biologically owls.