Has anyone else been human before? If so, how? If not, why?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone else been human before? If so, how? If not, why?

• Yes, in multiple other lives.
    • Yes, in one other life.
    • Yes, but only physically. I was still a therian/otherkin.
    • Yes, I'm fictionkin and my fictotype was human.
    • No, this is the only life in which I've been human.
    • No, I've been physically human before, but I don't feel that means I've been human.
    • No, I don't even consider myself human at all in this life.
    • This doesn't apply to me, I've never lived another life
    • This doesn't apply to me, I'm human and not otherkin/therian
    • No, I've only been species other than human.

I was thinking last night about past life memories, which led me to think about the one memory I have of what I'm almost certain was a past human life, and it got me thinking. How many therians and otherkins have also lived as humans before?

As for me, I know I've lived as human before, but I don't know enough about that human life to say I wouldn't have still identified as a therian had the term existed. I know at the very least my arctic wolf life was earlier than the human one, but I just don't know enough about the human woman.

Edited by RowanWolf

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Hmm... I can't really answer this one. I know for a fact that I've lived countless lives, but I can never pin down exactly what creature I was. I just know what sort of environment I lived in. If I was human in a past life, it was a very long time ago.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

My experiences have had every indication to me that my being has always been, plainly, completely non-human - barring this one, as I would only hope I needn't preface - and limited to a specific species and failing that, a genus, tribe, or subfamily; if I had ever been anything else, I haven't even the remotest recollection of it or even a pull in that direction as I do so singularly and passionately in the one I do feel now.

That said, everything about the human way of being is absolutely foreign, alien, baffling. Everything about people is as if they came from another world, emphasis on them and not myself in this regard; all of their collective values, their worldviews, the very reasons they exist? Like they and I have nothing in common other than some so far distant ancestor that we could scarcely call it a mammal.

Continued, imagine for a moment having seen so much of the world and recognizing it, knowing one has seen it all before and knew it well, but all of it is so distorted and so uncanny now. The "fun house mirror" type of effect.

Smilodon Populator

My experiences have had every indication to me that my being has always been, plainly, completely non-human - barring this one, as I would only hope I needn't preface - and limited to a specific species and failing that, a genus, tribe, or subfamily; if I had ever been anything else, I haven't even the remotest recollection of it or even a pull in that direction as I do so singularly and passionately in the one I do feel now.

That said, everything about the human way of being is absolutely foreign, alien, baffling. Everything about people is as if they came from another world, emphasis on them and not myself in this regard; all of their collective values, their worldviews, the very reasons they exist? Like they and I have nothing in common other than some so far distant ancestor that we could scarcely call it a mammal.

Continued, imagine for a moment having seen so much of the world and recognizing it, knowing one has seen it all before and knew it well, but all of it is so distorted and so uncanny now. The "fun house mirror" type of effect.

This sounds incredibly disorienting. I'm sorry that's the current state of affairs for you. I'm not sure why your spirit ended up in a human body this time around, but I'd like to think there was some reason for it. If only for the sake of it having meaning and purpose to make it more palatable for you. I can't relate to everything being foreign, but I do feel lost in dealing with humans at times. I can't imagine feeling that way all the time. You're doing well, though. It sounds from your various posts around the forum as though you've made a good life for yourself, even if it isn't the life you would have preferred. I know I often find myself thinking about what will come next and whether or not I'll be a wolf again. I want that so, so badly, and I imagine your situation must be similar in that regard. Stay strong, friend.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

It is a surreal experience, as there are days when I am overcome with terrible and mournful melancholy just by seeing things and having a sense of familiarity to them, then going into that pensive state of mind and realizing that nothing is as it used to be. It is not as though this is some parallel reality, rather think of it in the sentimental reflection of places and things one knew in youth but are now, in age, echoes of their former selves. At other times it is as if walking through a loop of frozen time, where all the world fades away and becomes muted, dull, grey, and one is keenly aware of the moment. I know this experience in this life too from other things, terrible things I am afraid, and it is like one relives it all over this infinitely long span, left listless and all but staring. Then, when it fades? The sense of all the world as it is now coming back and how much it contrasts that true heartfelt place of being; it is very much a variety that seems related to involuntary recurrent memories, which is why I give it such credence as I do, as I do have those of this life as well. One is full and distant, the other surreal and sharp.

There is no doubt in my mind if has all been with purpose. Scarcely have I enough hairs to count as reasons I ended up being here but it is still a difficult place to be where one feels like the entire world is the unfamiliar familiar now. Not because the world itself changed - at least not by its own doing - but because some external force, read as mankind, has put such an influence upon it. It is just a lonesome going in the world and even speaking about it or writing about it fails to do it any justice. It also does me no favors that, for lack of better words, I am thoroughly extinct and everything I have ever held - truly held - dear to me is extinguished; what a strange lot it is in life that when people hear my story I need explain to them I have already done the things the world said I could never do, done those which I could not, and I have no ties or bonds left. What fatal humor there is in that.

So it is why I do more or less as I will and I walk a particularly strange path, all too often wondering what will become of me in the end of this time. Yet it is the case I cannot help but say I am excited for that day, because I can finally lay myself to rest again. There is no real return for me back the way of which I have come, my kind are by no means coming back anytime soon as we were - at worst just as novelties to entertain gawkers while our distant cousins so too continue to shrink into obscurity all their own - which only brings the hope that it needn't be this way twice. A somber thing to say but I say it with love.

I would not wish a life of humanity upon anyone, let alone without purpose, @RowanWolf. All the same, I appreciate the sentiment.

Smilodon Populator

I was an anthropomorphic fox in my previous life and turned infected at one point. I believe I am in this life as a second chance, as being Infected is clearly not the best thing (being physically one that is.)

"everyone is dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.."

she/her

I've had lots of past lives, and only a few of them ended up impacting my life now. For example, the multiple lives as a black western dragon have sort of combined into my draconic kintype. I've had at least one human life, and i was a (high?) priest in Egypt. That life is very strong, I feel a conection to it that's almost as strong as my connection to my draconic lives. If i wasn't a human in that life, i would consider it a kintype. The closest term i've found might be factkin, but not with any person i know of in history and no one alive now. I'm going to keep looking for a term, but for now it's just a past life that i have a very strong connection

Echo or Axe (hy/it/fey + neopronouns:

https://en.pronouns.page/@WintersTouch) and Apophis (she/fey)

Demon, Nøkk, Dragon, Kipo, African Wild Dog. Leucistic Hognose Snake Daemon.

Guest Deleted member 56852

Humanish

I've always been some sort of weird combination of demon, mutant, or vampire. Mainly mutant, since I was two X-Men(Akuji Graves OC, and Jean Grey) and Selina Kyle(yes I was a mutant, how else do you think I survived for so long?).

You're missing an "I don't know" answer.

According to the Lore, Heru has had many incarnations. Pretty much every Pharaoh is said to be a "Living Heru." I don't necessarily believe that every single one was, but, probably quite a few were. I also believe that not all of his incarnations were as famous or powerful people, because he has a genuine curiosity about life and would be interested in learning about other ways of living. (And well, if you count me, that kind of proves it.) (And "incarnation" probably isn't exactly the right word. They were also called "living statues" tut=statue, Tutankhamun, was the living statue of Amun. The entire god is not present inside a statue, but it does act as a conduit between here and there. And part of my own theory is that the statue does contain a small part of the deity in order to maintain the connection, and thus it's important to treat an open/active statue with care. They are literally entrusting a small part of themselves into the care of the priests.)

Does that mean that I personally have incarnated as human before? I don't know. I don't really have any memories of previous human lives (certainly none about ruling over Egypt), but it seems possible. And how can you tell if this particular wisp of a cloud did that particular thing when you've got a shared consciousness deal going on? My impressions about my past are mostly nonhuman. (And I'm so annoyed about being stuck in such an inflexible physical form that I can't imagine wanting to do it again. But maybe after spending some time back home, wherever that is, I might end up changing my mind. Afterall, human lives aren't all that long, are they? Except for the part where they feel like forever when you're living them.)

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

I'm honestly not sure how to answer this, because I've recently discovered that my strongest past life that I feel may have been a rabbit instead of the human I thought it was. I have a feeling I've had at least 2 other lives aside from this one, but only one of them I've been able to figure out more details on, so I'm not sure if I've ever been human aside from this life.

Happy They/Them

Amorphoscomed (goo/gummi) kith, Smothering Smokebreath kith Gen 2 Synth kith, Rabbit kith

Yeah, I'm seeing the error in my system here... Because to be entirely honest, I'm not even sure what my answer is, and I'm the one posing the question. I'll have to see if I can add that option.

Rowan