Conflicting Kin Types

Those with multiple kin types (specifically those who are a carnivore and an herbivore with different kin), do you often find it difficult to do or think of certain things because your kintypes clash with it?

For example, do you find it casual to watch videos of certain species' hunting as one kin type, but distressing to watch it as the other, either at different points if one kin type is stronger than the other, or at the same time?

Happy They/Them

Amorphoscomed (goo/gummi) kith, Smothering Smokebreath kith Gen 2 Synth kith, Rabbit kith

Not really. Both my types come from Piggy, and since an Infected isn't even a character and since my other fictotypes is infected it's just casual for me.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

• 2 weeks later...

While I am no more and no less a great cat, nothing but this one thing in and of myself, it is something I do contemplate a fair amount of time because of my role in the cycle of life and death; what it means to be a predator, what it means to be a preserver of life but at the same time be forced to take it to so much as feed myself. What then it means to love all the world animal, plant, and mineral, then to take from these things and to destroy the beauty of a living or even inanimate thing.

But the nature of conflict between these two things is an illusion. We all dance the circle of life and death - verily is it true that when we die, nothing goes to waste, so far as we do not die in the way of a man but rather in the way we were meant to die; not pickling ourselves in boxes to somehow preserve ourselves for no reason.

So why to conflict with ourselves over seeing what amounts to our "deaths" or our "lives" vicariously? Just because one must die for the other to live, does the first not live too in them? Nothing which is created is truly lost, is it? Why not be thankful that which subsumes the other and makes it part of this cycle that one can experience both sides of the coin?

It is no secret that I pray often and give thanks for my role in this, that I devour prey, and live as close to my animal, primal diet as I can create analog for, but it does strike me to the heart I need kill to live. But there is no death without purpose and thus we are not at odds or enemies. We are just two sides of the same coin!

This is a relief that we do not need to feel distress or terror at even our own inner conflicts. If anything it should be a place to be in joy that one has and sees both sides of it.

• Like 2

Smilodon Populator

While I am no more and no less a great cat, nothing but this one thing in and of myself, it is something I do contemplate a fair amount of time because of my role in the cycle of life and death; what it means to be a predator, what it means to be a preserver of life but at the same time be forced to take it to so much as feed myself. What then it means to love all the world animal, plant, and mineral, then to take from these things and to destroy the beauty of a living or even inanimate thing.

But the nature of conflict between these two things is an illusion. We all dance the circle of life and death - verily is it true that when we die, nothing goes to waste, so far as we do not die in the way of a man but rather in the way we were meant to die; not pickling ourselves in boxes to somehow preserve ourselves for no reason.

So why to conflict with ourselves over seeing what amounts to our "deaths" or our "lives" vicariously? Just because one must die for the other to live, does the first not live too in them? Nothing which is created is truly lost, is it? Why not be thankful that which subsumes the other and makes it part of this cycle that one can experience both sides of the coin?

It is no secret that I pray often and give thanks for my role in this, that I devour prey, and live as close to my animal, primal diet as I can create analog for, but it does strike me to the heart I need kill to live. But there is no death without purpose and thus we are not at odds or enemies. We are just two sides of the same coin!

This is a relief that we do not need to feel distress or terror at even our own inner conflicts. If anything it should be a place to be in joy that one has and sees both sides of it.

Basically this. I am a bigender entity whose male half is Death and the female half is Life. One can't exist without the other.

• Like 2
Cosmic Death Dragon // Arrow of Bast

This actually really helped me a lot.

The reason I asked this is because I was having a bit of trouble trying to tune in to my kintype, since certain things were difficult for me to look into more because my rabbit heart was kind of squeamish/scared of some of the things my goo kin does since my rabbit heart is more of a prey animal than an opportunistic hunter like my goo kin. In the end, they are both a part of me, and they are both in the cycle of life and death, albeit having different roles in their places within the cycle.

Although I know that if my goo kin were a creature from Earth, I definitely would have rabbit in my diet if the opportunity arose, giving a bit of a literal meaning to the phrase "eating my heart out." Jokes aside though, it is something I now accept about myself since both are a part of me.

Happy They/Them

Amorphoscomed (goo/gummi) kith, Smothering Smokebreath kith Gen 2 Synth kith, Rabbit kith

I cannot say I can know or do much as understand things not of nature, @happy-the-goo, but it is the case that one who is say both falcon and hare must reconcile that without the hare there is no falcon, and with no falcon there can be no hares. Nothing, at least of this earth, can exist apart from anything else in it in truth. For each piece one removes, the whole is eroded; with each color of a rainbow cast in the sky which fades back into mist, does not the greater luster shrink too?

It is a classic paradox and I have no doubt one can feel a roiling conflict of emotions at odds with one another, and no less is it a rare oddity for any one individual to experience in singular awareness, yet it is the case potentially who better to understand it?

Smilodon Populator

Basically this. I am a bigender entity whose male half is Death and the female half is Life. One can't exist without the other.

Dude that's a pretty cool. I use to be bigender because of my male feeling from Foxy but female feeling from red panda.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her