Help me figure out a name for myself

I hate my name, and I want to go by another, but I'm having problems figuring one out. I want it to reflect my kintypes because they are a massive part of me and influence my day-to-day constantly, and my body feels like an empty husk in general. I believe that names have meaning and a proper name should be reflective of one's character, and since I feel this way about myself I find that there are no names to describe me and only me. And since names aren't really an animal thing, I'll probably latch my name onto my fictotype instead.

The one name I feel fits is Hikiko, a shortened version of Hikikomori. Since I've been one for the last two years, and it's been a massive period of self-discovery for me, I thought it was a good one. But I have reservations about it, namely the event that brought me to this point. (No, it wasn't COVID, I only stopped going outside that September. COVID just gave me a 'free trial' of this lifestyle.) Do you think the name suits me? Do you have any other suggestions? Please let me know.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I'm not sure what gender (if any) you had in mind for a name, but there's the name Almach (also spelled Almaach, Almaack, Almak, Almaak, Alamak in the Latin alphabet). Technically it's masculine, but it's also fairly rare and not English, so you could probably adjust it slightly and no one would notice. It means "the caracal" or "the desert lynx" in Arabic. It's the name of a star in the Andromeda constellation. There's also the alternative of the name Andromeda. If you're looking to go a little more neutral, though, you could leave Almach as is for a middle name to balance out the name Hikiko. That name will come across as feminine due to the -ko ending. That's a very common ending element for feminine names (and only feminine names, it is not used in masculine names) Japanese.

I also don't know if you're looking to change your whole name or if you're doing what I am and changing your give name(s) while keeping your surname, but there are plenty of surnames that mean "sun" or something to do with the sun/sunlight, as I know your fictotype is named Sunny. There's Sonnen (German), Solberg (Norwegian), Hino or Hidaka (Japanese), Solaro or Solís (Spanish), Solari or Solebello (Italian)...

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

If you're looking to go a little more neutral, though, you could leave Almach as is for a middle name to balance out the name Hikiko.

I didn't even think about changing my middle name! I mean, I never use my middle name, but I still like it. Maybe I can have different names to go by depending on who talks to me? Like, I introduce myself as Almach (or Almaak, I like that spelling better) and Hikiko can be the name I go by in my inner circle. That reflects how I advertise my therianthropy to anyone who wants to get to know me, but only come out as Sunny to people who I know aren't going to leave me. And then my character representatives can just call me Sunny.

Thanks a lot!

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I didn't even think about changing my middle name! I mean, I never use my middle name, but I still like it. Maybe I can have different names to go by depending on who talks to me? Like, I introduce myself as Almach (or Almaak, I like that spelling better) and Hikiko can be the name I go by in my inner circle. That reflects how I advertise my therianthropy to anyone who wants to get to know me, but only come out as Sunny to people who I know aren't going to leave me. And then my character representatives can just call me Sunny.

Thanks a lot!

If this is something where you're wanting to legally change your name and you do want to keep your given middle name but like another as well, you can always have multiple middle names. That's what I'm planning on. I don't want to get rid of my given name entirely. My first name is a family and I kinda like my middle name. So I'm keeping them, but I'm putting my chosen first and middle names first, then a different spelling of my given middle name, then my given first name, then my surname. I can think of nearly zero instances in which I would use all 3 middle names, but I didn't want to just completely discard them. So that option is there.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

If this is something where you're wanting to legally change your name and you do want to keep your given middle name but like another as well, you can always have multiple middle names. That's what I'm planning on. I don't want to get rid of my given name entirely. My first name is a family and I kinda like my middle name. So I'm keeping them, but I'm putting my chosen first and middle name first, then a different spelling of my given middle name, then my given first name, then my surname. I can think of nearly zero instances in which I would use all 3 middle names, but I didn't want to just completely discard them. So that option is there.

I'm not going to legally change my name, I just want something to go by that fits me more.

I'm not going to legally change my name, I just want something to go by that fits me more.

Ah, then that makes it much easier.

Rowan