help me find my kin types !

i will use this as a journal of sorts, I guess

so ive always loved small rooms , "cozy " rooms to ( small rooms with one warm light source ) along with having a high up area in my room. I like to cuddle alot i also love meat like steak , bacon. Everything is just yum except ham

ive had a connection with water and the moon since forever ! its just so cool and comforting. Swimming is my favorite thing to do in my free time when i can ! at night i used to go out and just sit looking at the moon

thats all i can think off , AMA about me to so i can help :) ive been doing alot of research to !

Oh that sounds like a wolf... but also a fox... and also a coyote... also those are lynx behaviors as well... and tiger behaviors... mice also burrow alongside lizards and snakes who like to have warm environments... Oh but it also could be-- I think you get my point lol

Sadly it isn't that easy. Those are very general traits that don't relate to Therianthropy. You can like cozy rooms, having warm weather, cuddling, and meat and still just be a human. Also, connections should be taken with a grain of salt. Yes someone who was an aquatic Therian like a fish or seal will have a connection to water, but it might not be necessarily comforting. The ocean is a crazy place with lots of dangers such as predators, strong currents, rocks, fishermen, pollution, etc. It might have a sense of feeling like home or as something familiar, but that isn't the same as it feeling like a comforting place.

Same and especially more with the moon. The moon doesn't have the same symbolism for animals as it does for humans because, most of the time, animals don't really give a crap about anything but shelter, food, and survival. Animals simply don't have the luxury nor often the mental capacity to think about the moon.

Connections are also not a good indicator because you in this life can have interests not related to your kintypes. I love writing and My Little Pony and have a HUGE connection to them, but in absolutely no way is it because of my kintypes. You can just like something without it having a Therian meaning. You can be comforted by something without it having a connection to your kintypes. Swimming is just fun to do. Maybe it could be connected to an aquatic kintype, but likes and interests are not inherently connected to a kintype.

What shifts do you have that can help point to a kintype? Mental, phantom, dream, etc? How about meditations? Weird animalistic instincts that can't be nicely explained by it just being a human thing? For example, liking meat can just be a human thing (humans are omnivores, after all), however, wanting to hunt down prey cougar style, eating it raw, and that sounding like something appealing and satisfying is a good indicator of a kintype.

I hope this helped!

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

Oh that sounds like a wolf... but also a fox... and also a coyote... also those are lynx behaviors as well... and tiger behaviors... mice also burrow alongside lizards and snakes who like to have warm environments... Oh but it also could be-- I think you get my point lol

Sadly it isn't that easy. Those are very general traits that don't relate to Therianthropy. You can like cozy rooms, having warm weather, cuddling, and meat and still just be a human. Also, connections should be taken with a grain of salt. Yes someone who was an aquatic Therian like a fish or seal will have a connection to water, but it might not be necessarily comforting. The ocean is a crazy place with lots of dangers such as predators, strong currents, rocks, fishermen, pollution, etc. It might have a sense of feeling like home or as something familiar, but that isn't the same as it feeling like a comforting place.

Same and especially more with the moon. The moon doesn't have the same symbolism for animals as it does for humans because, most of the time, animals don't really give a crap about anything but shelter, food, and survival. Animals simply don't have the luxury nor often the mental capacity to think about the moon.

Connections are also not a good indicator because you in this life can have interests not related to your kintypes. I love writing and My Little Pony and have a HUGE connection to them, but in absolutely no way is it because of my kintypes. You can just like something without it having a Therian meaning. You can be comforted by something without it having a connection to your kintypes. Swimming is just fun to do. Maybe it could be connected to an aquatic kintype, but likes and interests are not inherently connected to a kintype.

What shifts do you have that can help point to a kintype? Mental, phantom, dream, etc? How about meditations? Weird animalistic instincts that can't be nicely explained by it just being a human thing? For example, liking meat can just be a human thing (humans are omnivores, after all), however, wanting to hunt down prey cougar style, eating it raw, and that sounding like something appealing and satisfying is a good indicator of a kintype.

I hope this helped!

its scary saying this but yea, sometimes i just want to pounce on a deer or somthing and hunt it , i dont cus im in no way that strong lol but its still there , now the next one might be because of bpd but i think its a good one , i think of freinds as more /p like i would kill to protect them , id do anything for the people i see as faimly

now with shifts , my shifts , this one isnt that common but my face feels like thick almost , like a tigers face , but more commanly my ears are more in the back of my head and my tail is usually long id say wolf like , i like to lay in the sun, just lay there , not sleep but just there , i also jump alot when in mental shifts

now the next one might be because of bpd

If there is a mundane (aka, human) answer to something, then it's 99% of the time the human answer. As someone with BPD (professionally diagnosed), I definitely understand the inherent and strong loyalty for those you care about (especially to the unhealthy levels it goes to).

I'd say record your shifts and see where it takes you from there. You say a thick face, do you mean more of a flat face with a shorter muzzle like in your tiger example? In that case, it could also be a pug or a seal. You say a long tail, however then you mention a wolf, which generally doesn't have real long tails. If you mean like a wolf tail, then that could also be foxes, coyotes, domestic cats, lynxes, etc. If you mean long tails, it could be large cats like cheetahs or tigers, or maybe something like elephants who have long tails in comparison to humans.

Then also memories if you believe in past lives or have pseudo memories. They can definitely tell you a lot about the habitat you lived in, the prey you hunted, etc. Meditation as well is a big help.

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

If there is a mundane (aka, human) answer to something, then it's 99% of the time the human answer. As someone with BPD (professionally diagnosed), I definitely understand the inherent and strong loyalty for those you care about (especially to the unhealthy levels it goes to).

I'd say record your shifts and see where it takes you from there. You say a thick face, do you mean more of a flat face with a shorter muzzle like in your tiger example? In that case, it could also be a pug or a seal. You say a long tail, however then you mention a wolf, which generally doesn't have real long tails. If you mean like a wolf tail, then that could also be foxes, coyotes, domestic cats, lynxes, etc. If you mean long tails, it could be large cats like cheetahs or tigers, or maybe something like elephants who have long tails in comparison to humans.

Then also memories if you believe in past lives or have pseudo memories. They can definitely tell you a lot about the habitat you lived in, the prey you hunted, etc. Meditation as well is a big help.

ok ! i deff mean wolf like tail , long compared to humans lol

Yeah it's really just a personal journey. I can't tell you anything about who you are nor can I really help you find it out outside of giving the tools that helped me.

thank you , it means alot to me , i want to find out things about myself so i can have the best life and like i said it means alot to have people who know the ropes :}

"Know the ropes"? Ha! I'd be lucky if I didn't metaphorically fall in the first five seconds! There sadly are no ropes, it isn't that easy. It's a matter of finding your own ropes that don't drop you in the first two minutes. You gotta find your own way in a lot of things. While some things work 90% of the time like recording shifts, mediations, and research, it doesn't mean it's a guarantee.

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

"Know the ropes"? Ha! I'd be lucky if I didn't metaphorically fall in the first five seconds! There sadly are no ropes, it isn't that easy. It's a matter of finding your own ropes that don't drop you in the first two minutes. You gotta find your own way in a lot of things. While some things work 90% of the time like recording shifts, mediations, and research, it doesn't mean it's a guarantee.

yea, but im sure ill learn , not to talk about myself but im pretty smart lol

yea, but im sure ill learn , not to talk about myself but im pretty smart lol

"About his intelligence no man should be boastful, rather cautious of mind; when a wise and silent man comes to a homestead blame seldom befalls the wary; for no more dependable friend can a man every get than a store of common sense." -Havamal, Stanza 6

• Like 1

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19