Names are odd

I wish people would call me by my birth name. It's so rare to hear it. The majority just give me a nickname or mispronounce it and then use a nickname. Even my own family prefers a nickname. I've met a few who would just use my last name. Also, my name gets misspelled a lot.

Btw I have to first names. Rarely do they call me by the first halve and not once have I've been called by the second. So no one has called me by my complete name. It feels as if the universe forgot to put any importance into my name.

I want to go by multiple names, none of which are my birth name.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

same, pup never really felt connected with any name. pup usually just says it'll go by whatever they wanna call it
Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

I'm the odd one out. I do care about my name, but its mostly because of how it impacts the way folkel see me. First of all, my given first name is a very feminine family name. That I share with 8 of my cousins. (It's worth noting that not a one of us actually goes by that name.) So it immediately makes folkel think I'm a woman and I am not and I would really love for the assumptions to stop. Which is why I picked new first and middle names that are neutral. Rowan, I chose because of its connection to nature and magic. I plan to keep my given middle name, but change the spelling to be neutral. That way my first 3 names are all neutral. I am keeping my given first name as a third middle name, specifically because it is a family name and I know who I'm named for and her story. But my surname, which I am not changing, is very Spanish. I want to keep that connection to my father's family. And I'm proud of being Latine. I'm proud of my family and our history and our culture. So I'm keeping that. So to me, my name is less about what I'm called and more about what it connects me to, if that makes sense. It's a symbol. It does represent me, but it's more that the different pieces of my name represent different pieces of me and different things that are a part of me. I'm a wolf, yes. I'm a gryphon, yes. But this life I'm human, and I'm Cubane and I'm Appalachian and magic is a big part of my life... I care what folkel call me only because it influences their perception of me. But I care about my name because it represents the different parts of me and who I am.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

i really like my legal name right now, because i was able to change it to the name i connect with the most. But i also want to have a small collection of names that are all used for me, like my little collection of pronouns (He/they/it/3rr0r). I can't do that irl, because humans and their naming customs, but I'm probably going to try it out online.

Echo or Axe (hy/it/fey + neopronouns:

https://en.pronouns.page/@WintersTouch) and Apophis (she/fey)

Demon, Nøkk, Dragon, Kipo, African Wild Dog. Leucistic Hognose Snake Daemon.

I wish people would call me by my birth name. It's so rare to hear it. The majority just give me a nickname or mispronounce it and then use a nickname. Even my own family prefers a nickname. I've met a few who would just use my last name. Also, my name gets misspelled a lot.

Btw I have to first names. Rarely do they call me by the first halve and not once have I've been called by the second. So no one has called me by my complete name. It feels as if the universe forgot to put any importance into my name.

well, what's your birth name, i can try to use it!

I like names, I have a variety of different ones I go by depending on who I'm with. My actual birth name is only ever used by professionals who don't know me (eg. doctors). My family refer to me by a nickname derived from my birth name. I'm most used to being called Blue; one of my first online nicknames and a name my partner uses to refer to me. Online I have many different names depending on where I am and how I felt at the time of joining that place. I tend to gather new names over time based on things I feel close to. Names are rather fluid to me, and there are many I feel connected to, although Velvet is the one I feel most tied to.

Velvet Wings

May Lady Luck smile upon you

🍀🐾

My opinion on how important names are to me kind of changes from time to time. But most of the time I wish I didn't have to have a name at all. But that just ties to my overall desire to not speak at all. Speech is something I can feel dysphoric about (relating to species). The name I was given in this life by my parents is one I have no problems with, just a pretty generic guys name that everyone irl and most people online know of. Though I prefer to go by a nickname that is lead off of my past life name. So that leaves me with two names and one nickname (though I have a lot more nicknames by close friends). Sometimes I can feel a little offended when someone rather calls me by my birth name after knowing the name I had in my past life, because that name means more to me. In that life I gave that name to myself so I consider that my "real name" but ultimately I don't really care what others call me by as long as it is done with respect.

Though just want to do an honorable mention to my two favorite "weird" nicknames by my two childhood best friends. One calls me "poppa", and I call him "my son" even though I am only one year older than him. We have done this for years and that is why "my son" now genuinely sounds like a full fleshed name to me. And my other best friend calls me "mes" which means "knife" in my language, which has a longer backstory, maybe for another time haha.

Equus ferus caballus

male it/he | adult