Trying to figure out my kintype.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to rant/ask questions about kintypes, but im gonna explain stuff. Ive always felt connected to the beach and the forest in some way, but i dont know if im polytherian or not. I also dont know what my kintype is since i dont know what animals live near the beach. I know its something with fur and ears because i sometimes feel ears on my head. Or maybe im confused and im polytherian. so my question is: What animals with fur live on a beach? Help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

I would suggest starting by searching exactly that. Coastal mammals or something of that nature. Go by biome. Another thing that will help is figuring out climate (although this is technically part of the biome). That's part of how I realized I had two wolves, not just one. One of them is a Canadian timber wolf, so very cold, almost arctic environment. But the other one is adapted for a very hot, arid environment. Bigger ears, thinner fur, smaller body, ect. That is distinctly not a timber wolf. I'm still figuring out what it is, but I know it's a separate one now.

I'm also a polykin. I have my two wolf theriotypes, but also I have a gryphon kintype. I had difficulty figuring that one out at first, because I was a quadruped, I had fur over at least part of my body, and ears similar to my timber wolf's, if a bit more rounded. But I'm smaller than you usually see gryphons depicted. Usually they're massive, desert dwelling, half-lion, half-golden eagle creatures. I'm closer in size to a jaguar, with coloring and patterning similar (though not identical) to a clouded leopard and a white bellied sea eagle. My muted coloration makes sense, though, because I was a coastal gryphon. It helped me blend into the sea and the sky and the dunes. But it made it a lot harder to puzzle that out and I tried on and rejected a lot of avian theriotype labels before coming to that realization.

Which is another thing. Questioning is fine. Being unsure is fine. Declaring you've got it figured out and then realizing you had it wrong is also fine. I did that with my timber wolf. I thought I was an arctic wolf before I realized the landscape and the flora and fauna I could remember were further south and had to go back and say, "Actually..." So it's all okay. It's a process. Don't try to force it.

And consider, too, that if you can't figure out what you are by researching the biomes you remember living in, then you might be a folkloric being - or one entirely unknown - that has never actually lived on this planet. There's a lot to sift through. If you ever want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm happy to be a sounding board. (Although if I don't get back to you right away, please don't take offense. I've had a lot going on offline lately.)

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

I would suggest starting by searching exactly that. Coastal mammals or something of that nature. Go by biome. Another thing that will help is figuring out climate (although this is technically part of the biome). That's part of how I realized I had two wolves, not just one. One of them is a Canadian timber wolf, so very cold, almost arctic environment. But the other one is adapted for a very hot, arid environment. Bigger ears, thinner fur, smaller body, ect. That is distinctly not a timber wolf. I'm still figuring out what it is, but I know it's a separate one now.

I'm also a polykin. I have my two wolf theriotypes, but also I have a gryphon kintype. I had difficulty figuring that one out at first, because I was a quadruped, I had fur over at least part of my body, and ears similar to my timber wolf's, if a bit more rounded. But I'm smaller than you usually see gryphons depicted. Usually they're massive, desert dwelling, half-lion, half-golden eagle creatures. I'm closer in size to a jaguar, with coloring and patterning similar (though not identical) to a clouded leopard and a white bellied sea eagle. My muted coloration makes sense, though, because I was a coastal gryphon. It helped me blend into the sea and the sky and the dunes. But it made it a lot harder to puzzle that out and I tried on and rejected a lot of avian theriotype labels before coming to that realization.

Which is another thing. Questioning is fine. Being unsure is fine. Declaring you've got it figured out and then realizing you had it wrong is also fine. I did that with my timber wolf. I thought I was an arctic wolf before I realized the landscape and the flora and fauna I could remember were further south and had to go back and say, "Actually..." So it's all okay. It's a process. Don't try to force it.

And consider, too, that if you can't figure out what you are by researching the biomes you remember living in, then you might be a folkloric being - or one entirely unknown - that has never actually lived on this planet. There's a lot to sift through. If you ever want to chat, feel free to shoot me a message. I'm happy to be a sounding board. (Although if I don't get back to you right away, please don't take offense. I've had a lot going on offline lately.)

Thank you! im actually doing research now and im kinda relating to a coastal wolf and a grizzly bear. im still researching and i will be researching for a while! thank you for your great advice!