What's something that you assumed was normal until someone told you otherwise?

Today I learned that you're not supposed to stab food with the pointy end of your fork and wrestle a piece off. You're supposed to cut it with the side of the fork?? Either way, I kept stabbing through my paper plate as I tried to eat my breakfast.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

A few days ago I discovered that not everyone is unable to speak and walk fast at the same time. I have asthma, but I though everyone had that problem.

I feel that. I've got really bad asthma too.

• Like 1

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

When I was like 4 years of age, I loved to run on all fours. I don't remember the exact instance of who told me not to do that, but I'm sure they did. When I was a teenager, I was doing the same, chasing my cat on all fours through all rooms in my parents' home. I was frowned upon))

Blood Fairy | forest/fairy-kin

ok, so last night pup did this thing that happens often where pup kinda shivers, but like fast and only in the upper half of the body, and pups brain blanks for a few seconds

...now pups mom might take it to the doctor for seizure testing owo" -🌟

Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

ok, so last night pup did this thing that happens often where pup kinda shivers, but like fast and only in the upper half of the body, and pups brain blanks for a few seconds

Hopefully pup is alright. :mournhowl: The fortunate thing is, even if pup does have a seizure disorder, it sounds mild. And that type of medical issue can generally be controled with medication. So pup should be able to go about pup's life pretty normally either way. Still, that's a scary thing to deal with. Hopefully pup can get answers soon. Often times, not knowing is the scariest thing, because you can't do anything. But once pup has answers, pup can start figuring out what to do about it.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Uh, being connected to a game to the point where you feel you cant go on without it and will spend nights crying when you can't play it. Not sure if thats linked to my identity but ok (if you guessed Piggy your right.)

So apparently it's not normal and I haven't found anyone who experienced this.

"i wanna go home.. I- i dont like this party... im allergic to people!"

-he/her-

Orienting to stimulus which others did not see or hear, which apparently is uncommon enough that until I point it out, none ever seem to take notice of it. For example, I can "feel" a television being on in many cases, a screen in general, without it being obviously on and much of that seems to at least be tied into the ability to perceive a wider spectrum of sound than most and or subtle differences in the contrasts of light or by the electric field it generates if the rest of the environment is particularly grounded. Mundane people never seem to notice these things and find it strange I first, notice them, second, mention them as if they are odd or out of place. This happens in a number of scenarios, not the least of those being often in the middle of other activities that they are more preoccupied with such as talking.

Smilodon Populator

I've always had better than 20/20 vision and sometimes I get reminded that not everyone can read that sign from three blocks away. No wonder people depend on GPS systems to get around. (Age is starting to catch up to me though and I had to invest in some reading glasses that I only use occasionally. Distance vision is still pretty good though.)

I used to be able to hear the clicking of bats, but alas, age has caught up to me there. The massive bat flight from Carlsbad caverns used to sound like rainsticks or static.

I have a lot of weirdness, but most of it I already knew was weird.

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

I can see the 50Hz jittering in lightbulbs. Especially the new LED-ones are really bad, as there you see the "light on / light off" switching way more intense.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds -- Bob Marley

How long did this shivering last? Because I do this thing where I'll shiver really hard for a second or two and my head will jerk one way or another. I don't know what causes it, but some people who experience the same thing chalk it up to a sudden drop in body temperature. I don't think that's correct as I can't find a common denominator across occurrences, but maybe pup is experiencing that.

How long did this shivering last? Because I do this thing where I'll shiver really hard for a second or two and my head will jerk one way or another. I don't know what causes it, but some people who experience the same thing chalk it up to a sudden drop in body temperature. I don't think that's correct as I can't find a common denominator across occurrences, but maybe pup is experiencing that.

the shivers are real quick, like not even a second, but the brain blank lasts for 2-5 seconds

Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

the shivers are real quick, like not even a second, but the brain blank lasts for 2-5 seconds

I've gotten shivers at times. It seems tied to energy stuff for me and it seems like no big deal. I would be concerned about the brain blank part though. Getting that checked out might be a good idea.

• Like 1

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

I've gotten shivers at times. It seems tied to energy stuff for me and it seems like no big deal. I would be concerned about the brain blank part though. Getting that checked out might be a good idea.

I sometimes attribute my shiverquakes to my muscles all being tense. They just spasm all at the same time. But I agree with Shezep, if the brain blank lasts that long you should get it checked out.

I do that pretty often too, didn't know that doesn't happen to everyone.

Edited by Akriel Parlaq

I've already dug my grave. No need to bury me alive

De/It/She/They ---- Alu-Fiend, Marionette, Fox hearted

DM's open

I used to have issues (and still do, to an extent, although nowhere near as severe as it used to be) with low blood pressure and orthostatic hypotension. Which is basically, when you change positions, you sympathetic nervous system (the part that controls things like breathing and the beating of your heart) is supposed to tell your blood vessels to constrict so that all the blood doesn't just drop with gravity. With orthostatic hypotension, it doesn't do that. So when you change positions, your blood pressure plummets and you get dizzy spells or you might black out. Did not help that my blood pressure when I was younger was through the floor. I was on meds to raise my blood pressure and was told by a cardiologist to, and I quote, "just put salt on everything," if that tells you anything. So when I would stand up, often times I would black out. Still happens occasionally. This came to be so common that everyone who spent a significant amount of time around me got some version of the "Dos and Dont's of Rowan's Fainting Spells" speech. It was literally daily that I would black out, sometimes multiple times a day.

Basically, though, I could see a sudden change in blood pressure creating a dizzy spell or causing disorientation. If you're blacking out, that would account for brain blanks, but this doesn't sound like black outs. I know with mine, they aren't long, a couple of seconds maybe. Just long enough for me to hit the floor (or anything that happens to be in my way). And the strangest part is that my hearing always comes back online first. That was what I always told people: don't touch me - unless you're keeping me from hurting myself falling or if I'm in an unsafe place - but if you want to help, talk to me. Tell me where I am and what's going on around me. Because often times, immediately after a black out, I cannot see, speak, or move, but I can hear. I hate that feeling.

But I could see a drop in blood pressure causing tremors, and black outs would account for blank periods. A drop in blood sugar could do that too, and that might account for the blank periods. I'm not 100% sure on that one. But if your blood sugar is too low, that can cause a lot of problems, some of which seem very odd to be connected to that.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir