What irrational fears do you have?

I did (and sort of still do) have a fear of motion-detecting lights. Being suddenly plunged into darkness or blinded by light is unreasonably scary to me. I sit very still, so these kinds of lights stop registering me after a while.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Immortality. Like, logically, I know it will never happen but I guess that's what makes it irrational. Living forever? Watching everyone you love, all of your friends and family, die? Being the last sole survivor of the heat death of the universe? And having no way to end your suffering? Yeah, no, I'll pass.
  • Like 1

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

I personally am terrified of spiders. I know most of them can't hurt me and I know that they're more afraid of me than I am of them and will generally want nothing to do with me. I know this. The rational part of my brain knows this. The part that controls fear responses freaks out every time I come across one and I end up either shrieking or shaking. My fear of that spider I didn't see being a brown recluse is arguably somewhat rational around here, but my fear of spiders in general is not.
  • Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Wasps, hornets, and bees are things that'll send me into a straight-up panic attack if I'm too close to them. Even empty and perfectly-safe nests or bits of nests will send me into these panics if I look at them or touch them (online or photos are fine, just not irl) and insect swarms do it in for me as well, such as ants swarming.

Then there are my weird fears of wet paper (yeah, I dunno either), large objects in bodies of water (such as large boats, sea stacks, or anything that's non-living that's partially submerged or viewable from the surface of water pond-sized or bigger) and those tiny, metal poled flags that are lined in yards some times.

Light Fury\Shiny Tapu Koko || She/ Her || Newly Awakened || Shy and Anxious Mess

(A light fury not THE Light Fury from the HTTYD 3 movie!)

Aliens. It doesn't seem very likely that there are any extraterrestrials visiting Earth, but part of me will always be worried about getting abducted.

Same here. There are times when I have nightmares about this. Luckily for me sometimes there are heroes present. Just last night I had the pleasure of fighting off aliens along side the Power Rangers. It was awesome.

• Like 2

Wasps, hornets, and bees are things that'll send me into a straight-up panic attack if I'm too close to them. Even empty and perfectly-safe nests or bits of nests will send me into these panics if I look at them or touch them

Have to agree here. I don't consider it entirely irrational, as I'm allergic enough to them that getting stung is potentially fatally, but even just buzzing sends me into a panic. There was a buzzing, flying insect in my apartment Saturday night and I flipped out and went for the bug poison. It turned out to be a beetle, but it was the right size and color for a bee, made a loud buzzing noise that legit had me crying and shaking, and would not land so I could identify it. I know bees won't bother you if you don't bother them (I had to get very used to carpenter bees while staying with my aunt for a couple of summers), but I'm sorry. Most bugs, I would try to remove alive, but if you are in my living space and could potentially kill me... That just kinda sucks for you.

My other weird, irrational fear (aside from spiders, which I mentioned in an earlier post, and I'm not sure why I didn't think to mention this in that post, too) is taxidermy. I don't know why, but taxidermy freaks me out. I can't even look at pictures of it and it's far worse when I'm in the same room with it.

• Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

• 4 weeks later...

Immortality and spiders.

Combo for the ages? An unkillable spider.

Make it even worse? Facing an unkillable spider while being immortal.

Why I do enjoy crafting purgatories for myself? I don't know, when I'm bored, processors just love to misfire stuff like this into existence. And I'm too lazy to scrub it so here it is, shared. You're welcome. x">

• Like 1
Signed Blue! <w>

Clowns, aliens, and dolls. I don't know why but I am scared of them!
  • Like 1

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

I have claustrophobia and fear of getting lost, but I don't think those are irrational at all...

Fear of getting lost somewhere definitely isn't irrational! Hah~

Now as an ace I can attest that tight spaces sometimes terrif--. No Blue, bad joke. No. Stop.

Signed Blue! <w>

BLUE WHAT THE HELL, NO! I mean, yeah, agree, but this is not the place for that.

What the heck did they mean?

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Point for you. But be more cautious next time.

Uh, I think I get it now. I'm kinda triggered. I don't like that kind of talk, for personal reasons.

They/it/him

Sorry :< hey think of it as an ace in the sleeve! Honestly a better joke anyway!

I ace too and it's okay. Pretty funny joke tbh!

They/it/him

I'm scared of death. Nuff said.
  • Like 1

They/it/him