How to get kin memories?

Question

14 answers to this question

Triggering memories can be done by playing/watching/etc your source, and basically interacting with anything related to it.

Not every ficitonkin gets memories, past life specifically or not. So don't expect it to go the way you hope.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

I would tell you to go check out some of the other threads where this has been asked....but where did they go? What happened to the Q&A section?

Anyway, there is no real way to make memories appear, unless you're making them up yourself.

It's usually random chance whether they appear or not and not everyone has them. It's like asking how to get struck by lightning. Some people have success through meditation, but that doesn't mean that meditation will deliver them to you. They might just show up one day while you're doing something else completely unrelated.

It might seem like everyone has them, but, look back to that second line up there.

• Like 2

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Honestly, I'm just echoing what's already been said. I've had as much luck with this just sitting in traffic as I have with meditating. Sometimes I'll look at something and just get hit with a memory. The traffic example was just watching two buzzards circling while I waited for the light to change, totally ordinary, and I got hit with a memory of what flying was like when I was a gryphon and our fishing and communal setup along the beach. (Not my awakening, but helpful.) Literally out of the blue. I've also had past life memories come to me in dreams. That one is a human past life and pretty traumatic, but it's still a past life. Most of my wolf memories, for both wolves, have come from either spending time around wolves (aka, going to the zoo) or just getting hit with random memories. It's very unpredictable.

So my biggest piece of advice is don't try to force it. You can end up creating false memories. Just give it time. Pay close attention to your dreams, especially if they're recurring. Meditate, if that's something that works for you. I know with my ADHD, I sometimes struggle with it. If you can't, you can't, and that's okay. You could also spend time with your source material. I suppose going to the zoo to spend time around wolves is my equivalent. And most importantly, just keep an open mind. Things may come to you at weird times or they may not be things you want to remember. And they may be memories you don't expect. Be open to those, too. Don't dwell on it, just be patient and keep an open mind.

Edited by RowanWolf

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Don't intentionally go looking for them. If you meditate on it or anything of the like, your brain will conjure 'memories' to satisfy you. If you are Tsumugi, the memories will come to you on your own, probably at random. But, you may not have memories. That's simply a fact. You may not have had a past life, and if you did you may not remember the specifics. Keep that in mind.
  • Like 2

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

If there was any singular piece of advice I could lend those who are new to the journey that is self-discovery in this realm, it is not to go looking for answers, but instead allow them to come. As others have established, the best option is to simply not try to find memories, first because the majority of those who exist in this way - the "other" - do not have memories. Instead, all too often what occurs is fantasy fulfillment by way of creative thinking, imagination, because seldom is it those who are new to the experience know the methods for rooting out flights of fantasy versus memories and even then, those experienced are not totally without culpability here too; it is too easy to fall into automatically confirming each seeming memory simply because it "seems right". The second is, is because of the aforementioned danger of self-elaboration, rather fictional elaboration, by way of simply daydreaming things. This is all well and good if one desires to create things for the future but is absolutely counterproductive if one is trying to recall events that took place.

I will further add, although some may not agree with this, that going to look for memories is likely to return with negative returns. I state this because, from what perception has taught me and some minor amount of awareness, that those who draw upon sources which are not said to be "real" in this world - id est, fictional in the nature of reality which we currently reside - are bound to find sour tastes in their mouths. Imagine being able to, by and large, revisit or at least view and in some cases, participate in, things that do still tangibly exist; the supermajority of most "fictotypes" and "fictionkin" have sources which do still exist and can be touched upon at near virtual will. Attempting to climb back into something which was is prone to conflict with what is, because the majority of the time the two do not align well. Why this is, I cannot claim to know, and I can claim less to understand, but think of it this way: that one is going on a journey to another place and time in their own mind to recall which has already come and gone, but each time we remember something, it is ever slightly different, what then when we recall things that conflict with others? And I relay again, more often than it is not, these experiences at all do not derive from memory but instead imagination. While I will add these dangers are not universal, I find that I see more - reasonably so, as at least for the reasons I outlined I can observe and opine - of those who fall into this kind of "other" are prone to this danger of major disparities, divergences that is, in what they recall and what we can demonstrate is. Life is challenging enough, no reason to invent new ones when the past ones are not settled.

Lastly, I will denote that memories are not usually so malleable as to manifest on command. Those capable of this art, of which some are or are susceptible to by say powers of suggestion and their own suggestibility, are few and far between - we know well that mesmerists and hypnotists, regressionists, and all manner of those skilled in employing this art in themselves or others are most often rare things themselves. Meditation, or prayer or both if one is so inclined, is not some fool-proof solution and neither is the fact of attempting to explore stimuli. Think of it this way, recall something that has a very distinct sensory stimulus that derives a very specific memory, say when eating a specific food at a specific restaurant, one always thinks of a certain thing - that these two are impossibly linked. Which, if duped at all by chance, one immediately thinks of that thing when provoked by it. This is a form of conditioned response, not quite to the extreme most immediately associate, but the gist I hope conveys itself. Legitimate, deeply imbedded memories are extremely hard to find, let alone extract, and sometimes I will add they are not always pleasant depending on what they are and I do not mean that in some sinister fashion, rather I mean speaking from experience one of my own is deeply melancholic because I have the human intellect and comprehension to feel sympathy unto it.

Others have more or less summarized my points for me, @kitisanxious, but I would be neglectful not to try to better explain at least the troubles I have witnessed or studied in my own questioning. I myself do have memories yet in my instance, all of them behaved in the exacting manner of involuntary recurrent memories brought on by demonstrable stimuli. Things I would never have possibly fathomed to be the triggering source of recall, quite specific and obscure to the point it was cosmological chance - rather divinely granted revelation as I choose to see it, for the odds are just agonizingly hard to derive in their intimate complexity - that makes me state it is a virtually impossible effort to derive memories with any notion of ease.

• Like 1

Smilodon Populator

For me, memories come randomly. But, I heard meditating could help. I don't know because I'm very new in the therian community.
  • Like 1

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

I would suggest transcendental meditation as the base for anything further to move on like past life regression or climpses of past.

It is important to clear your mind as usually minds can be like beehives depending on daily occurences that are not processed. There are different methods to empty your head and come into correct breathing which is Alpha and Omega for meditation.

Ýou can count - means that you inhale with your nose, hold the breath and count till 10, then exhale with your mouth. Keep on until you get more calm and relaxed.

You can use visuals - means make your breath visual in front of your third eye (see a dense stream moving into your nose, follow it down till the navel, there it is a storm, watch it moving up, the stream is fading more and more out of your mouth.

You can use noises - hear some soft breeze coming in through your nose, it revolves and hurls through your body. It whirls around the navel, then it is tossing up to the mouth and roars out.

Whatever pleases you most. I used to practise the silent methods of meditation without pictures, words or music since my earliest youth.

When you breath correctly, you get calm and being relaxed will empty your head. This is the doorstep.

It depends what usually follows. either you will walk along a corridor/tunnel till you come to a place or you directly come to that place. Note everything what you are going to perceive around you. It could be a real eye-opener. You might either visit one of your previous lives, the astral plane or your source.

To come back it is easy to go back from that place and start letting thoughts streaming again through your head, while opening your eyes.

Hope that I could have been of some service to you. :)

For me, memories come randomly. But, I heard meditating could help. I don't know because I'm very new in the therian community.

Zim would say it’s the same to me. Sometimes watching my source triggers memories or when someone else in the system is doing research on my show (It’s annoying to have fanboys in the system)

-Zim

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

All of my strongest memories were provoked by outside stimuli that reminded me of a specific thing. For example: being a similar situation, researching the source and things similar to it, or being asked a question about my canon.

Think about how memories from this life are recalled: you can’t usually recall things accurately (especially smaller details) when you search your mind for them and expect to find a certain thing, but you can recall them a lot more easily when you’re in a situation similar to one you’ve been in before or something reminds you of the past.

I’ve never tried past life regression or meditation much in the past myself, but the times I did try they only really brought up flimsy memories that could be debunked by the stronger noemata I had. By going in with the intention of remembering new things my brain helpfully filled in the gaps and gave me what I was looking for, even if that was false. So personally I’d take any memories gained from meditation with a grain of salt.

vergilius | they/it

siberian tiger therianthrope & fictionkind

🐅

Sorry if this isn’t the right forum to ask, I’m new here but I’d like to ask:

How can I get memories as a fictionkin?

I am a fictionkin of Tsumugi from Danganronpa 3 and I want memories

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thank you : )

Isn't it V3?

Kieran Ask (Ask pronouns) Feline or Fox Therian. Can't tell.

If there was any singular piece of advice I could lend those who are new to the journey that is self-discovery in this realm, it is not to go looking for answers, but instead allow them to come. As others have established, the best option is to simply not try to find memories, first because the majority of those who exist in this way - the "other" - do not have memories. Instead, all too often what occurs is fantasy fulfillment by way of creative thinking, imagination, because seldom is it those who are new to the experience know the methods for rooting out flights of fantasy versus memories and even then, those experienced are not totally without culpability here too; it is too easy to fall into automatically confirming each seeming memory simply because it "seems right". The second is, is because of the aforementioned danger of self-elaboration, rather fictional elaboration, by way of simply daydreaming things. This is all well and good if one desires to create things for the future but is absolutely counterproductive if one is trying to recall events that took place.

I will further add, although some may not agree with this, that going to look for memories is likely to return with negative returns. I state this because, from what perception has taught me and some minor amount of awareness, that those who draw upon sources which are not said to be "real" in this world - id est, fictional in the nature of reality which we currently reside - are bound to find sour tastes in their mouths. Imagine being able to, by and large, revisit or at least view and in some cases, participate in, things that do still tangibly exist; the supermajority of most "fictotypes" and "fictionkin" have sources which do still exist and can be touched upon at near virtual will. Attempting to climb back into something which was is prone to conflict with what is, because the majority of the time the two do not align well. Why this is, I cannot claim to know, and I can claim less to understand, but think of it this way: that one is going on a journey to another place and time in their own mind to recall which has already come and gone, but each time we remember something, it is ever slightly different, what then when we recall things that conflict with others? And I relay again, more often than it is not, these experiences at all do not derive from memory but instead imagination. While I will add these dangers are not universal, I find that I see more - reasonably so, as at least for the reasons I outlined I can observe and opine - of those who fall into this kind of "other" are prone to this danger of major disparities, divergences that is, in what they recall and what we can demonstrate is. Life is challenging enough, no reason to invent new ones when the past ones are not settled.

Lastly, I will denote that memories are not usually so malleable as to manifest on command. Those capable of this art, of which some are or are susceptible to by say powers of suggestion and their own suggestibility, are few and far between - we know well that mesmerists and hypnotists, regressionists, and all manner of those skilled in employing this art in themselves or others are most often rare things themselves. Meditation, or prayer or both if one is so inclined, is not some fool-proof solution and neither is the fact of attempting to explore stimuli. Think of it this way, recall something that has a very distinct sensory stimulus that derives a very specific memory, say when eating a specific food at a specific restaurant, one always thinks of a certain thing - that these two are impossibly linked. Which, if duped at all by chance, one immediately thinks of that thing when provoked by it. This is a form of conditioned response, not quite to the extreme most immediately associate, but the gist I hope conveys itself. Legitimate, deeply imbedded memories are extremely hard to find, let alone extract, and sometimes I will add they are not always pleasant depending on what they are and I do not mean that in some sinister fashion, rather I mean speaking from experience one of my own is deeply melancholic because I have the human intellect and comprehension to feel sympathy unto it.

Others have more or less summarized my points for me, @kitisanxious, but I would be neglectful not to try to better explain at least the troubles I have witnessed or studied in my own questioning. I myself do have memories yet in my instance, all of them behaved in the exacting manner of involuntary recurrent memories brought on by demonstrable stimuli. Things I would never have possibly fathomed to be the triggering source of recall, quite specific and obscure to the point it was cosmological chance - rather divinely granted revelation as I choose to see it, for the odds are just agonizingly hard to derive in their intimate complexity - that makes me state it is a virtually impossible effort to derive memories with any notion of ease.

The question you are responding to here is not my own, however, as I am new to exploring being otherkin, this response was of great help and reassurance to me. The thoroughness with which you formulated each sentence as well as the eloquence of your language is admirable, and the meaning behind those words were all the more moving for it. I can’t help but feel the desire to learn as much about myself as a dragon as quickly as possible, especially when I feel surrounded by those who at the very least can say with some degree of certainty what their particular theriotype/kintype/e.t.c. looks like. I have been reminding myself to try not to seek out these answers very much, as my imagination has the tendency to do as it wishes regardless of my desires, and I do not think I would have much success in trying to actively seek them out anyway. Simply consuming media that contains dragons does not spur on my memory (if I have memory) and I do not believe doing something such as meditating with the goal of finding answers would actually be very helpful.

So thank you for this very well worded and in-depth response, for although it was not for me, I found it to be very reassuring.

I am deeply pleased I could be of help and that it proved the reassurance needed.

Everyone in the world is seeking answers, whether they know it or not, what differentiates many of us from the mundane world is that the answers we are seeking here are inner ones; they are looking for the outer ones. What we lack in satisfying explicitness, they have in abundance, and for a very worldly and bodily life which we still have to exist in, that is more challenging than most appreciate or fathom, @Aetheriaven. It is all too easy to find answers and value in things as meaningless as the pursuit of career, one's decaying material goods, one's always strained relationships, one's vanities of beauty or handsomeness, and so on - things that inevitably fade away with time - but here the all of "us" are, instead wanting to find more about something which is so important and inward, we become insatiable to it. It very much makes those who fail to be cautious into reckless fools, no small number of whom ensorcell themselves into more an imagined reality than the reality itself, which is really no better than where any of us began in the first place when we are playing along with the world around us; it is just another variety of deceit, this time us lying to ourselves, wittingly or not, rather than all the world outside doing it for us.

So if one is aware, as one seems to be, about being lulled into imagination and realizing consuming media is prone to be more harmful than helpful, or that going to go looking will just create too much of a mock answer, enjoy the contentment in being so self-aware. It is difficult, abhorrently difficult at that, to reflect on that and to set the lust for it aside. But to be that aware of oneself and attuned to knowing oneself, that allows one's footing to stay out of the trap. Let things come as they are and assess them piece by piece. Continue to not feel pressured by others. There is no one singular path to take, let alone walk.

Smilodon Populator