Question from a new therian

Question

Hello! I am new to the therian community and I was wondering, do you need to do quadrobics in order to shift?

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

9 answers to this question

No you do not. Shifting can happen anytime and sometimes in the most unexpected ways. Some experience it through meditation and for others, like me, through emotions. There are some who would use gear and quadrobics to help trigger a shift, but it's not always necessary.

It's okay if you can not shift. It isn't a requirement to be Alterhuman.

No you do not. Shifting can happen anytime and sometimes in the most unexpected ways. Some experience it through meditation and for others, like me, through emotions. There are some who would use gear and quadrobics to help trigger a shift, but it's not always necessary.

It's okay if you can not shift. It isn't a requirement to be Alterhuman.

I feel like I'm shifting now, it feels incredible! Thank you so much!

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

No, you absolutely do not. It might help with discomfort though. I, unfortunately, suck at quads so it only makes things worse.

Shifts happen when they happen. Sometimes it's inconvenient tbh.

• Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

No, you absolutely do not. It might help with discomfort though. I, unfortunately, suck at quads so it only makes things worse.

Shifts happen when they happen. Sometimes it's inconvenient tbh.

It hurts when I try doing it, so I'll try running more. Reminds when my souls (I posses both a wolf and a fox soul) were running to catch their prey.

They/it/him

No. Quadrobics technically have nothing to do with therianthropy or alterhumanity in general even though it's often confused with that. You can do it to connect with your type(s), and it can trigger shifts of any kind, but you don't NEED to do it.
  • Like 1

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

It hurts when I try doing it, so I'll try running more. Reminds when my souls (I posses both a wolf and a fox soul) were running to catch their prey.

Try running up grassy slopes or stairs to get used to it. In fact, it's better to run on grass because if you fall you're unlikely to hurt yourself. I've gotten a few carpet burns in the past from trying to skid to a stop, but it's better than hardwood. Just know that it takes a lot of practice and a lot of falling over. Don't push yourself, and don't get discouraged! And don't use your wrists to land if you jump. Bend your arms or roll, because human arms are flimsy and can't take your entire weight.

• Like 1

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Not all theriotypes run on four legs, and if I needed to fly in order to experience a shift, I would have a huge problem.
  • Like 1

Red Tailed Hawk Therian / Polymorph / Spirit Being / Anthro Hawk / Deitykin

Shard of Heru AKA Horus

Not all theriotypes run on four legs, and if I needed to fly in order to experience a shift, I would have a huge problem.

200.gif

Problem solved lol

200.gif

Problem solved lol

!

They/it/him