Violet and Blue. - > Blue Question

Question

Blue would like to ask you something. So here I write what they wrote x'3

"My spouse also wanted me to ask, because they are curious what alter-humans would say to their issue.

They're a cyborg ( *not* a robot, but also not *just* augmented, more like a fully remade human, no blood or meat, but wires and metal) but they also feel things, phantom feelings not just associated with their Cyborg body, but also beast-like things, cat ears, antlers, paws or hooves instead of feet, tail, but it's very anthro, not purely beastial. They're fine with it, but very curious how could all that even be called, they feel them but don't feel their identity being *the* animal, more like "cosmetic features" that are sometimes added to their body and sometimes removed almost based on how they feel.

And also they're curious about other beings' opinions if a cyborg would be alter-human or just simply an augmented human.

Also they can fully switch things up on their body, very important thing for them, but it is important to mention, arms, legs, those ears and antlers, they are theirs to add or remove based on how they percieve themselves. They're curious how would that affect their identity *in theory*. Thanks!"

Thanks for the answers!! <3 💜💙💜💙

Kintype Patronus, She / They -w- signe Violet~

2 answers to this question

The animal parts could be a cameo shift, which means phantom feelings that aren’t from an identity you have, or it could just be a cosmetic part of the cyborg kintype if that’s what feels right. I think cyborgs in general are alterhuman but it would depend on personal feelings about using an alter-human or non-human label for it. I have a linktype who‘s a cyborg but I think they’d identify as human just due to the circumstances of why they’re a cyborg. For the final question I don’t really know, I don’t think it affects the identity unless there’s feelings there that point to another identity, it‘s just like changing an outfit.
  • Like 2

vergilius | they/it

siberian tiger therianthrope & fictionkind

🐅

The animal parts could be a cameo shift, which means phantom feelings that aren’t from an identity you have, or it could just be a cosmetic part of the cyborg kintype if that’s what feels right. I think cyborgs in general are alterhuman but it would depend on personal feelings about using an alter-human or non-human label for it. I have a linktype who‘s a cyborg but I think they’d identify as human just due to the circumstances of why they’re a cyborg. For the final question I don’t really know, I don’t think it affects the identity unless there’s feelings there that point to another identity, it‘s just like changing an outfit.

Yeah that sounds about right! Though I did come across the "digital shapeshifter" label in my spouse's thread and that sounds *nice*.

About the alter-human, yeah in my view a cyborg even a "full-borg" like myself are still human, altered humans, but humans. Not better than unaugmented humans, not worse, just humans, but modified I guess. But I do want to see other beings' views on it so thank you~!!

And thanks for the answer overall it really helps~ cx

• Like 1
Signed Blue! <w>