Wings

Question

I always feel like I have wings but none of my kintypes have wings. Does that mean I have another kintype? Btw, I'm sorry for asking a lot of questions.

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

11 answers to this question

Same happens to me. It is called cameo shift, what means that you have shifts of a kintype that is not yours.

The thing is, it's everyday! I know what a cameo shift is but I experience it on 24/7. I'm scared people are going to say "You have too many kintypes." if I had more than 3 kintypes.

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

You don't control how many kintypes you have, and nobody is gonna judge you for having three or more. Here we all will support you on your self-discovery journey, so don't be worried about that. Also, cameo shifts can be as persistent as phantom shifts, it is completely normal.
  • Like 1

>>Demon, shadow person, beast/monster and labrador retriever therian<<

🌿Ei/Em, He/Him, It/Its🌿

You don't control how many kintypes you have, and nobody is gonna judge you for having three or more. Here we all will support you on your self-discovery journey, so don't be worried about that. Also, cameo shifts can be as persistent as phantom shifts, it is completely normal.

Okay, thank you. I'm going to do some research on birds or animals with feathery wings because I feel like I am not experiencing a cameo shift. Again, thank you.

They/it/him

Nobody here will judge you for how many kintypes you have. We all understand that none of us get to choose what our kintypes are or how many we have. We simply  are our kintypes. There's no reason to judge someone for something they have no control over.

As far as the wings go, I do agree with what's been said already. Cameo shifts can be incredibly vivid and persistent. I was questioning a while ago if I might have a kitsune kintype because I get full body phantom shifts of a five tailed fox, generally accompanied by mental shifts that, while somewhat animalistic, sit closer to my gryphon on that spectrum than my wolves. (My species of gryphon was just as intelligent as humans, although mental shifts with my gryphon are still a bit more animalistic than a human mindset, mostly in that they're more predatory. Likewise, a kitsune who has five tails would be old enough and wise enough to have developed a consciousness beyond your average wild fox.) These kitsune shifts will hang around for anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. But I've come to the conclusion, after much research, that I am not a kitsune. I am still questioning if they may be a kithtype, rather than a kintype; specifically river kitsune. I know some folks get kithtype shifts at times. But that's still undecided.

I don't say any of that to dissuade you from looking into other possible kintypes. It's merely a reminder to keep your mind open to all types of connections: kintypes, kithtypes, and cameos, among others. I know it can be easy to rush into saying something is a kintype. It's also a reminder to keep an open mind about types you may not expect. I thought at one point that I may have a crow theriotype, because I had phantom wings and a very strong connection to crows. Gryphons were barely on my radar. I don't actually remember how I figured out that's what I was. It may have been through research for a writing project. That seems likely. But crow never felt quite right as a theriotype, and once I realised I had a gryphon kintype, I understood why. I am crowkith, however. I hadn't heard that term until I came here. It clicked almost immediately, though, and made my thinking my wings were because of a crow theriotype make more sense.

But TL;DR, the wings could be another kintype, they could be a kithtype, they could be cameos, or they could be something else. Just take your time exploring those possibilities and keep an open mind regarding the different beings they may be indicative of. And know that nobody here will judge you for having however many kintypes you have and that if you have questions, the community here will support you as best we can.

• Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Nobody here will judge you for how many kintypes you have. We all understand that none of us get to choose what our kintypes are or how many we have. We simply  are our kintypes. There's no reason to judge someone for something they have no control over.

As far as the wings go, I do agree with what's been said already. Cameo shifts can be incredibly vivid and persistent. I was questioning a while ago if I might have a kitsune kintype because I get full body phantom shifts of a five tailed fox, generally accompanied by mental shifts that, while somewhat animalistic, sit closer to my gryphon on that spectrum than my wolves. (My species of gryphon was just as intelligent as humans, although mental shifts with my gryphon are still a bit more animalistic than a human mindset, mostly in that they're more predatory. Likewise, a kitsune who has five tails would be old enough and wise enough to have developed a consciousness beyond your average wild fox.) These kitsune shifts will hang around for anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. But I've come to the conclusion, after much research, that I am not a kitsune. I am still questioning if they may be a kithtype, rather than a kintype; specifically river kitsune. I know some folks get kithtype shifts at times. But that's still undecided.

I don't say any of that to dissuade you from looking into other possible kintypes. It's merely a reminder to keep your mind open to all types of connections: kintypes, kithtypes, and cameos, among others. I know it can be easy to rush into saying something is a kintype. It's also a reminder to keep an open mind about types you may not expect. I thought at one point that I may have a crow theriotype, because I had phantom wings and a very strong connection to crows. Gryphons were barely on my radar. I don't actually remember how I figured out that's what I was. It may have been through research for a writing project. That seems likely. But crow never felt quite right as a theriotype, and once I realised I had a gryphon kintype, I understood why. I am crowkith, however. I hadn't heard that term until I came here. It clicked almost immediately, though, and made my thinking my wings were because of a crow theriotype make more sense.

But TL;DR, the wings could be another kintype, they could be a kithtype, they could be cameos, or they could be something else. Just take your time exploring those possibilities and keep an open mind regarding the different beings they may be indicative of. And know that nobody here will judge you for having however many kintypes you have and that if you have questions, the community here will support you as best we can.

What is a kithtype? And thank you for the advice!

They/it/him

What is a kithtype? And thank you for the advice!

A kithtype, or hearttype, is a being you feel a deep sense of connection to. This is a being you identify with but not as. To give an example, I'm ravenkith and crowkith. (Crows and ravens are so strongly linked for me that they pretty much occupy the same space in my mind.) I am not a crow or a raven, but I feel deeply connected to them. They're like old friends.

The best way I know how to explain it is by talking about the origins of the term (because I'm a gigantic nerd :nerd:). There's a phrase in English, "kith and kin." These are both Old English words and the phrase roughly translates to "friends and family." However, it's typically used to denote friends and family who are particularly close. So in our community's useage, it's pretty much been taken 1:1. Kintypes are beings you identify as, and therefore others of the same kind would be your family. I'm wolfkin, so wolves are my family, in a way. And kithtypes are beings to whom you are not related, but with whom you share a profound bond. I'm crowkith, so to me crows are like those dear friends who are pretty much family in everything but blood.

I'm hoping that clarifies things, and if not, let me know and I'll take another crack at explaining. :closedgrin:

• Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

A kithtype, or hearttype, is a being you feel a deep sense of connection to. This is a being you identify with but not as. To give an example, I'm ravenkith and crowkith. (Crows and ravens are so strongly linked for me that they pretty much occupy the same space in my mind.) I am not a crow or a raven, but I feel deeply connected to them. They're like old friends.

The best way I know how to explain it is by talking about the origins of the term (because I'm a gigantic nerd :nerd:). There's a phrase in English, "kith and kin." These are both Old English words and the phrase roughly translates to "friends and family." However, it's typically used to denote friends and family who are particularly close. So in our community's useage, it's pretty much been taken 1:1. Kintypes are beings you identify as, and therefore others of the same kind would be your family. I'm wolfkin, so wolves are my family, in a way. And kithtypes are beings to whom you are not related, but with whom you share a profound bond. I'm crowkith, so to me crows are like those dear friends who are pretty much family in everything but blood.

I'm hoping that clarifies things, and if not, let me know and I'll take another crack at explaining. :closedgrin:

Thank you!

They/it/him

Feeling phantom wings doesn't necessarily mean you have a winged kintype. I get what seem to be seagull wings all the time, but I'm not a seagull. The human body is weird, so I wouldn't jump into questioning immediately. I've had some weird cameo shifts, and they can last a remarkably long time. Wings actually seem to be one of the more common ones in the community.
  • Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~