What does your kintype look like

Question

How do you find out what your theriotype look Like?

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

16 answers to this question

I used to astral project and randomly had a vision to find out who I was. So in other words: sheer luck on my part.

here's me as my kintype:[ATTACH type=full" alt="Screenshot_20220507-202113_Google.jpg]5629[/ATTACH]

Cool! I'm still questioning my kintype lol!

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Cool! I'm still questioning my kintype lol!

Meditation did help me with memories tho. So that may help you. Just note everything that makes you feel out of place and create a profile based on that. It should give you a general idea of what to look for

Julius the cat , the eldest Disney toon

Meditation did help me with memories tho. So that may help you. Just note everything that makes you feel out of place and create a profile based on that. It should give you a general idea of what to look for

Well I have been meditating and I always saw this world that the species called kittydogs lived in. Plus, I feel like I have 2 floppy dog ears and 2 pointy cat ears. Here's what their world looks like

They/it/him

Well I have been meditating and I always saw this world that the species called kittydogs lived in. Plus, I feel like I have 2 floppy dog ears and 2 pointy cat ears. Here's what their world looks like

If it helps any I'll give a few traits I noticed about myself that line up with my kintype:

-obsession with cartoon physics and wanting to attain them

-learning social skills easier from watching cartoons

-hate for humanity

-deep , intense anger

-hyper and bombastic behavior

-strange moral code

Edit: I don't hate humanity anymore

Julius the cat , the eldest Disney toon

For me I never got dreams.

Meditation never seemed to work either.

I just knew I was disconnected from this world.

I also knew I had a pull to angels.

They felt like home.

I could also fee phantom wings, but I wasn’t sure if that was Kirby or not.

I had an obsession over my human.

Not like a stalk you obsession, but a like worried about him whenever I’m not around.

I wanted to be near him and help him.

I’m a guardian angel.

How I looked came with experimenting.

I would draw and draw until something looked right.

I have very faint memories of what I looked like and what my friends looked like.

So I had them to guide me.

My memories seem to just come and go.

It’s like this for everyone in the system.

I don’t know if this is a very valid or sure way to find your kin type but it worked for me.

-Gabriel

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

petkin polymorph here! heres just some of mews fav "forms"

[ATTACH type=full" width="169px]5638[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" width="430px]5639[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" width="265px]5640[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" width="247px]5641[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" width="198px]5642[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full]5645[/ATTACH]

Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

I don't really know how to explain how I know. A combination of dreams, memories, and just... intuition for lack of a better description, although it varies a bit from type to type. With my wolves, part of it is seeing pictures of my theriotype and going, "That wolf looks like me, except for X, Y, and Z." With my gryphon, it comes from remembering my reflection, remembering my environment, remembering others in my community, and seeing pictures of various animals and going, "This particular feature reminds me of my gryphon." It's kind of like how I'll see pictures of where I used to live in past lives and just know that's home.

My timber wolf looked similar to this:

[ATTACH type=full]5649[/ATTACH]

I was a little bit more silvery and didn't have quite so pronounced a sadle marking. Also a bit bigger. But overall, fairly similar to this.

My golden wolf looked a bit like this:

[ATTACH type=full]5650[/ATTACH]

I had a very reddish-tawny sort of coat color with black on my back and face. It helped me blend in quite well with my surroundings. I was fairly small, too. About the size of a coyote.

My gryphon, there are no good photo references. But I can give you the animals my appearance most closely resembled. Those are the white bellied sea eagle, the clouded leopard and the snow leopard.

[ATTACH type=full]5654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full]5656[/ATTACH]

Gryphons are a sort of half and half type animal. We're traditionally portrayed as a combination of a golden eagle and a lion, with the head, wings, and forelegs of the eagle and the body, tail, and hindlegs of the lion. I followed that same basic build. However, I was a bit smaller than we're normally portrayed in Earth lore. Golden eagles are massive; big enough to snatch a small mountain goat off a cliffside. Which goes well with a lion. I was smaller than a lion.

I had the build of a snow leopard, including the extremely long, thick tail and the lowslung body. I had large paws for my size, which was good for my very sandy environment, as they distributed weight better. So my back half was very much like a snow leopard, including in color. My markings, however, were more grey than black and more closely resembled the markings of a clouded leopard. My front half was that of an eagle. I had a large, curved beak and sharp talons, each about the length of one of my human fingers. My coloration was similar to a white bellied sea eagle, except that I had more of a hooded marking, with the slate blue that covered my shoulders, upper back, and the backs of my wings starting at the top of my head. My face, throat, and chest were ivory, like my fur. The undersides of my wings were ivory, flecked and barred with grey. My beak was slate blue, like my feathers, and my forelegs from the elbows down had the sort of scaley armoring typical of a bird of prey. This was also slate blue.

I did have a couple of features that didn't follow the forehalf/hindhalf divide. I had smallish, rounded, feline ears that sat atop my head. They were slate blue on the backs, and ivory on the insides, with blue feathered tufts at the tops of them. Also, my tail was not just feline, but also avian. I had a large fan of feathers starting at the base of my tail and marked and colored similarly to my wings. These were used for maneuvering in flight. My feline tail ran through the center and the feathers could be folded in against it. I also had a small fan of feathers at the end of my tail with the same coloration. These were used more for communication than maneuvering.

This form I know about more through phantom limbs, living with a community of gryphons adapted for the same environment, and memories of seeing my own reflection. We lived on the shore of the ocean. This wasn't somewhere you would go for a beach vacation, though. It was frequently cold and cloudy and the weather was unpredictable. My coloring and markings helped me blend into they sky, sea, and sand. My home could be a harsh environment, hence the general body shape, the thick fur, and the fact that my coat and feathers were water repellant.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

We lived on the shore of the ocean. This wasn't somewhere you would go for a beach vacation, though. It was frequently cold and cloudy and the weather was unpredictable. My coloring and markings helped me blend into they sky, sea, and sand. My home could be a harsh environment, hence the general body shape, the thick fur, and the fact that my coat and feathers were water repellant.

I feel like I've seen where you lived as a gryphon, and it's on the Oregon coast between Newport and Florence. Do you remember it being extremely windy? Because the wind over there can easily knock a child off a cliff.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I feel like I've seen where you lived as a gryphon, and it's on the Oregon coast between Newport and Florence. Do you remember it being extremely windy? Because the wind over there can easily knock a child off a cliff.

I'm not entirely sure it was even on this planet, but that does sound about right. The wind could be brutal. If I had to compare it to somewhere on Earth, I'd say Maine. But I'm also not at all familiar with the West Coast, so for all I know, that could be a pretty close match.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

I'm not entirely sure it was even on this planet, but that does sound about right. The wind could be brutal. If I had to compare it to somewhere on Earth, I'd say Maine. But I'm also not at all familiar with the West Coast, so for all I know, that could be a pretty close match.

From what I've heard, Maine is Oregon with a colder ocean. Besides, I wouldn't even bat an eye if there were gryphons living on our coast because it's about as wild as it gets. Nobody wants to develop the land because it's difficult to live there, and it's not a huge tourist attraction because it's so cold.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Meditation would be my take if I was a therian. But as a fictionkin with a past life, I just remembered and used phantom-shifts to help me out.

Oh and forgot, heres a quick doodle to show what foxy looks like, during work at least. (Which was basically all day)

[ATTACH type=full]5665[/ATTACH]

"i wanna go home.. I- i dont like this party... im allergic to people!"

-he/her-

Although a controversial approach, simply because I agree in the sentiment of warning those who go "looking" for these answers, the way in which I suppose to all those rendering this avenue of questioning is to go within first. One should seek not to sate their thirst by thirsting to drink but by thirsting for thirsting's sake. That is to say, not go looking for answers at all really, but questioning the questions. Think of it as the story of the disciple who, while meditating, at last had visions of the golden Buddha and broke his meditations to run off to his master. When he arrived, he unleashed upon his master - who too was meditating - all that he had seen and his enlightenment. His master replied, "Just keep meditating and it will go away."

What one derives from this process is sure to be much more profound, even if it is much more painful, because it is costly to oneself and time consuming. It asks to go deeper than just the deep and look further than just the initial implications of a thing. Thus, when it is said to meditate upon it or research it, it does not mean just superficially. One can compile all the knowledge of a species one can and will but is what one is experiencing and feeling the same as what one is learning? There is no shame in simply being wrong.

I use this following example often but it is true to anyone who knows the difference of what a wolf is versus how people perceive a wolf. All too often eager, often young too, individuals doing inner exploration conclude they are wolves but they derive all of these conclusions off what they know wolves to be, not what a wolf is. They speak of packs, alphas and omegas, barking, and any manner of these things, but wolves are generally not like this, least of all wild wolves. I say this not disparagingly but as a soul who has worked with wolves, that none of these things are true. Yes, a textbook could teach oneself this too, but it is truer still to experience it first hand. Wolves do not say, howl just because a wolf thinks it should howl, for example, but there are rules to who starts the song and who may join, what the song is for, when it is, where it is, why it is. Wolves do not avert challenges or submit, wolves will test one another often, all being certain to maintain their presence and influence or improve; to roll over for good is to die, to be a tyrant is to die. A wolf who barks is uneasy, his brothers and sisters will bite him and reprimand him.

But these are facts, not perceptions, and these clash with the experiences of many explorations into it, but to explore is to be wrong. One must be wrong to be right, as knowing what something is not, is most often more important than knowing what something is. So there is no shame in this, for if everyone was right the first time, the world would be a vastly different place. Sometimes, there is no answer even, either because it is not the time or because it is not the place.

Then why be careful about attempts at active imagination, astral projection, meditation, magickal arts, or even one's own perception, be it mental or phantasmal or spiritual? Because by taking it at the most crude level, one fails to see the details. One must instead trust with intuition first what feels right, then begin looking into the components of that intuition. If I am to render a personal example, I knew without doubt what I am and always have, without question. But that is a dangerous assumption because it has no basis to what I feel or experience, I could say or believe - the danger of convincing myself - of anything. So it was a process of questioning the questions, then those after. I needed to challenge myself and say, "Here, you say looked this way, now prove it." and then I had to perform the sorry art of researching the anatomy of extinct cats and comparing myself to what I saw within to what was real. The case was, was that what I experienced did match what was known, even still what is known. Was that sufficient? Of course not, because it could easily have been the case I knew all of this beforehand and had retained it unconsciously, thus I began researching my own life, namely the formational periods of infancy, childhood, and adolescence. I began seeking the symbology and imagery of what I am and what it could mean, following every thread it could lead me back to - what is often called "archival research".

Yes, all a lengthy explanation to figuring out something so inane as "What does it look like?" but none of these questions really are removed from one another in the end.

Smilodon Populator