Kinmunity Forum Themes

Currently, there exists only three real settings for backgrounds, none of which seem to control the appearance of the forums themselves, of which are close to glaringly white. Previously, at least on all the browsers I have tried, the forums were a variant of a very light shade of tan, of which they are not any longer. To the point that I need actually turn the brightness of my screen down to compensate for this change, which persists regardless if I have a browser "Dark Mode" enabled or not, or an extension included or not, lest I wish to turn virtually everything pitch black. Historically, I recall there being a way to adjust the preferences in settings for different forum themes, and it seems this option has disappeared or at least does not appear under the settings a user can control any longer.

The suggestion as a result is very simple, might we have the forum themes back or receive replacements to them? Or is it now expected that users will need to use extensions for their preferences? The latter is hardly ideal even if it is as simple as copying and pasting the domain into the extension, it seems like this control should really be returned to the options found in the "Background Picker" and in "Preferences".

• Like 1

Smilodon Populator

Hey Red, Naia has temporarily disabled some theme settings as she works on troubleshooting some site issues. I understand the glaring white being quite obnoxious. :') And I look forward to Dark Mode coming back too.

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

Posted (edited)
Thank you for the response, @Jeb_CC, I had been wondering if it were my browsers that had updated and had changed their interaction with the forum but everything I had tested didn't suggest that although I had seen any announcements on the site itself or similar, but I do see a banner is now active. I presume that is related or will be when the time comes. Although I am curious, since @Naia reacted to my question, what exactly was the issue that made this inquiry "Toxic"? Edited by Red-in-Tooth

Smilodon Populator

Thank you for the response, @Jeb_CC, I had been wondering if it were my browsers that had updated and had changed their interaction with the forum but everything I had tested didn't suggest that although I had seen any announcements on the site itself or similar, but I do see a banner is now active. I presume that is related or will be when the time comes. Although I am curious, since @Naia reacted to my question, what exactly was the issue that made this inquiry "Toxic"?

I think Naia's reaction was just some forum testing being done. :) No worries about it. Your thread is fine.

• Like 1

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

• 2 weeks later...
The dark theme has been repaired and had returned.
  • Like 3

Naia Ōkami [ID] [KB] [KO]

Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its

staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!