Where to get gear

Question

So, I really want to get a tail of either my artic for kintype or my British Columbian Wolf kintype. Where or where shouldn't I get them? And is it possible to make a tail at home?

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

9 answers to this question

You can make a tail at home. There is a lot of fursuit tutorials that helped me (except they really didn't bc I suck at DIY.) If you opt to buy a tail, don't get anything sourced in Asia because it likely comes from a fur farm (I wouldn't recommend googling it if you're sensitive to animal abuse.) I found my gear on Amazon, but again, if it seems questionable, don't pursue it.
  • Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Etsy's good for faux fur. I've gotten stuff off of there. It takes a bit of searching, but it's worthwhile if you're really committed to getting this stuff.
  • Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

You could buy the right colored yarn and google or search on YouTube how to make yarn tails :) Heard it's fun and helpful if you're balling on a budget

I've heard of those, I'll ask my mom if u can make one this weekend

• Like 1

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

So, I really want to get a tail of either my artic for kintype or my British Columbian Wolf kintype. Where or where shouldn't I get them? And is it possible to make a tail at home?

Etsy and finding online fursuit makers is in my opinion the best choice :)! Just be very careful on etsy, some tails may be secretly NSFW if that makes you uncomfy. Its very possible and easy to make one at home! They can be made of foam and faux fur, stuffing, yarn, anything :3 theres tons of tutorials on youtube for fursuit and yarn tails. Also, if you are interested in real fur taxidermy tails, make sure you do as much research as possible to make sure you get one from a very ethical source

Etsy and finding online fursuit makers is in my opinion the best choice :)! Just be very careful on etsy, some tails may be secretly NSFW if that makes you uncomfy. Its very possible and easy to make one at home! They can be made of foam and faux fur, stuffing, yarn, anything :3 theres tons of tutorials on youtube for fursuit and yarn tails. Also, if you are interested in real fur taxidermy tails, make sure you do as much research as possible to make sure you get one from a very ethical source

Yeah, I know about the bad fur farms. Thank you!

They/it/him

some tails may be secretly NSFW if that makes you uncomfy.

Never EVER search for tails on google images.

• Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Never EVER search for tails on google images.

I know what you are talking about, so I won't.

They/it/him