What am I?

Question

Idk if this is the right spot but Q&A seemed likely. I am pretty sure at this point I am a Therian, but beyond that I can't tell if I'm a feline or canine T_T. It's definitely one animal rather than two but I can't settle on one that fits. I also feel a strange connection to an anthropomorphic Mobian Sonic-universe persona I made using a Picrew? I can't tell what animal that is either but think it's something separate from the animal I'm feeling. So, I'm a Therian with an unknown kintype and whatever the Mobian persona means? Can someone please help me figure out what I am T_T! Oh, and also I have persistent memories of using air magic. Is that a thing too?
Kieran Ask (Ask pronouns) Feline or Fox Therian. Can't tell.

10 answers to this question

A connection is not necessarily an identity. It could be a synpath.

I think doing research of the canines and felines you do know may help, and use shifts to help determine which you are, if you have them. That's all the advice I can give, Im not even close to a therian, so I don't think I'll be able to help much. Hope your able to get through this questioning.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

As Foxy said, a connection doesn't equal a kintype nor do you even have to have a connection for something to be a kintype. For example, one of my kintypes is the Lynx. Outside of it being my kintype I never had nor currently do have any connection to it.

The best way to figure out a kintype is through research, research, and more research. What habitats most stand out to you and feel like home? What phantom limbs do you feel? Any memories that might point to something over the other? Meditation is also very good.

With having fictiotypes, or kintypes from fiction, it's very important to use a lot of discernment because we tend to bias ourselves into jumped conclusions. I absolutely love Sonic! I would absolutely love to be from that universe! However, I am not a Sonic fictionkin. Remember, media is meant to be enjoyable and something we can connect to. If a character isn't relatable to the audience then it isn't a good character. Outside of seeing yourself in a character, what else makes them seem like they are you? Because remember, a kintype isn't identifying WITH someone, it's identifying AS someone. Every part of that person-- the good, the bad, the ugly, the weird-- is YOU.

And lastly, no one can tell you what you are. It's not as simple as that. You got to figure it out for yourself. It's not going to be easy but it is very rewarding. I hope this ramble helps you out a little!

• Like 1

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

As Foxy said, a connection doesn't equal a kintype nor do you even have to have a connection for something to be a kintype. For example, one of my kintypes is the Lynx. Outside of it being my kintype I never had nor currently do have any connection to it.

The best way to figure out a kintype is through research, research, and more research. What habitats most stand out to you and feel like home? What phantom limbs do you feel? Any memories that might point to something over the other? Meditation is also very good.

With having fictiotypes, or kintypes from fiction, it's very important to use a lot of discernment because we tend to bias ourselves into jumped conclusions. I absolutely love Sonic! I would absolutely love to be from that universe! However, I am not a Sonic fictionkin. Remember, media is meant to be enjoyable and something we can connect to. If a character isn't relatable to the audience then it isn't a good character. Outside of seeing yourself in a character, what else makes them seem like they are you? Because remember, a kintype isn't identifying WITH someone, it's identifying AS someone. Every part of that person-- the good, the bad, the ugly, the weird-- is YOU.

And lastly, no one can tell you what you are. It's not as simple as that. You got to figure it out for yourself. It's not going to be easy but it is very rewarding. I hope this ramble helps you out a little!

You gave me a lot to think about and it certainly was helpful. Thank you. I don't think I'm necessarily a fictiotype. I still could be but it doesn't seem like the most important part about the persona. I think maybe the mobian picrew just gave me a chance to craft the identity that was already me but I didn't necessarily have what I needed to bring it to light until the picrew gave it to me. I also think the canine part is probably the Anthropomorphic identity, and the feline is the full blown house cat since I don't feel much connection to anything outside the house. Two things but two different kinds of identities to clarify them which is where I was tripping up. Thanks for your help. I'd love to talk more about it with you if you have time?

A connection is not necessarily an identity. It could be a synpath.

I think doing research of the canines and felines you do know may help, and use shifts to help determine which you are, if you have them. That's all the advice I can give, Im not even close to a therian, so I don't think I'll be able to help much. Hope your able to get through this questioning.

I might not be able to use it, but thank you for replying. Thanks :)

I might not be able to use it, but thank you for replying. Thanks :)

Back when I was therian I did research on canines and I found coyotes. Obviously I know now I am not, but it can help since other therians also did the same.

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

You gave me a lot to think about and it certainly was helpful. Thank you. I don't think I'm necessarily a fictiotype. I still could be but it doesn't seem like the most important part about the persona. I think maybe the mobian picrew just gave me a chance to craft the identity that was already me but I didn't necessarily have what I needed to bring it to light until the picrew gave it to me. I also think the canine part is probably the Anthropomorphic identity, and the feline is the full blown house cat since I don't feel much connection to anything outside the house. Two things but two different kinds of identities to clarify them which is where I was tripping up. Thanks for your help. I'd love to talk more about it with you if you have time?

Shoot me a message whenever you want! I'm always down to chat.

Pigeon | Xe/they/he | 19

Polymorph | Chaote | Draconic Witch | Norse Pagan

https://polymorphkin.carrd.co/

Connection does not equal to kintype. I have a strong connection to birds. But I am a British Columbian Wolf, a arctic fox, a gurt dog, and I am fictionkin of Yakko from Animaniacs. I recommending meditating and finding out what environments you may see. Or climate. Take your time, it takes a little bit so be patient. If you want to connect to your kintype, I recommend astral projection. Basically, before you go to sleep, focus on where you want to go as you are falling asleep. If you are successful, you will be there! You can go anywhere! I like going to cartoon worlds!

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

There are any number of things you could be based on your intial description. If you're certain you're either a canid or a felid, maybe check out both groups. Just see if there's anything in particular that strikes you, in terms of recognizing yourself in the description or behaviour or what have you. If it's really difficult to distinguish canid from felid, it might be one of the odder species. For instance, hyenas, which are like the felid family's version of a dog. Or the grey fox, which is what happens when you install cat software on canid hardware. There are all sorts of species that kind of blur the line between groups in terms of both physical traits and behavioral traits. And don't forget to check out ancestor species, too. You may be having trouble distinguishing because your kintype comes from before or just after the divergence between felids and canids. That's always a possibility as well.

You also mention wind magic. That could come from something separate, or it could be a part of the same kintype. If you feel it's connected to the same kintype, my recommendation would be to start doing research on canids and felids in world lore. There are all manner of creatures that appear in mythology, legends, and folktales from all over the world. And because of the relatively long relationship between humans and cats and especially dogs, canids and felids tend to have outsized representation. Some of these creatures are simply creatures, with no special powers of any kind. Others may be basically gods or angels (or whatever the culture's equivalant is). And in many cases, creatures in folklore - especially legends and non-Abrahamic mythology - tend to be assigned basically any sort of power you can think of. So if the wind magic is connected to your canid/felid, you may want to look into mythical and legendary creatures and see if there's anything that fits.

Of course, there's also the chance that you didn't live your past lives on this planet. Your kintypes may not exist here. That's always a possiblity to consider too. And if that turns out to be the case, it's going to be difficult to pin down. It'll basically be down to introspection and patience. There are others here more qualified to talk about that than I am, as my kintype who did not exist on this plant does show up in this planet's lore. So you may want to talk to folkel about how they figured out their kintypes despite those kintypes being from other worlds.

I know that basically narrows down nothing. It's going to be a lot of research, a lot of introspection, a lot of questioning, and if you're stumped or frustrated, you've got a community of folkel here who have been through this and may be able to give advice or at least support. It's frustrating, I know. Trust me, I know. But just keep going. You have to be in it for the long haul, but if you take the time to work at it, you'll get it.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Connection does not equal to kintype. I have a strong connection to birds. But I am a British Columbian Wolf, a arctic fox, a gurt dog, and I am fictionkin of Yakko from Animaniacs. I recommending meditating and finding out what environments you may see. Or climate. Take your time, it takes a little bit so be patient. If you want to connect to your kintype, I recommend astral projection. Basically, before you go to sleep, focus on where you want to go as you are falling asleep. If you are successful, you will be there! You can go anywhere! I like going to cartoon worlds!

Ok, when I said connection I think something got lost in translation because this has popped up a bit. I didn't just feel connected I felt like it was me. It was like looking in the mirror seeing an alternate version I really wished I was. As for the astral projection, that does sound like a lot of fun. I'll certainly have to try that, and if it works it'll certainly be something new to explore.

• Like 1

There are any number of things you could be based on your intial description. If you're certain you're either a canid or a felid, maybe check out both groups. Just see if there's anything in particular that strikes you, in terms of recognizing yourself in the description or behaviour or what have you. If it's really difficult to distinguish canid from felid, it might be one of the odder species. For instance, hyenas, which are like the felid family's version of a dog. Or the grey fox, which is what happens when you install cat software on canid hardware. There are all sorts of species that kind of blur the line between groups in terms of both physical traits and behavioral traits. And don't forget to check out ancestor species, too. You may be having trouble distinguishing because your kintype comes from before or just after the divergence between felids and canids. That's always a possibility as well.

You also mention wind magic. That could come from something separate, or it could be a part of the same kintype. If you feel it's connected to the same kintype, my recommendation would be to start doing research on canids and felids in world lore. There are all manner of creatures that appear in mythology, legends, and folktales from all over the world. And because of the relatively long relationship between humans and cats and especially dogs, canids and felids tend to have outsized representation. Some of these creatures are simply creatures, with no special powers of any kind. Others may be basically gods or angels (or whatever the culture's equivalant is). And in many cases, creatures in folklore - especially legends and non-Abrahamic mythology - tend to be assigned basically any sort of power you can think of. So if the wind magic is connected to your canid/felid, you may want to look into mythical and legendary creatures and see if there's anything that fits.

Of course, there's also the chance that you didn't live your past lives on this planet. Your kintypes may not exist here. That's always a possiblity to consider too. And if that turns out to be the case, it's going to be difficult to pin down. It'll basically be down to introspection and patience. There are others here more qualified to talk about that than I am, as my kintype who did not exist on this plant does show up in this planet's lore. So you may want to talk to folkel about how they figured out their kintypes despite those kintypes being from other worlds.

I know that basically narrows down nothing. It's going to be a lot of research, a lot of introspection, a lot of questioning, and if you're stumped or frustrated, you've got a community of folkel here who have been through this and may be able to give advice or at least support. It's frustrating, I know. Trust me, I know. But just keep going. You have to be in it for the long haul, but if you take the time to work at it, you'll get it.

Wow, you know a lot! This is really helpful thank you. I'll be sure to look into the possibilities you mentioned. Hyena seems unlikely, but somewhere in the fox category might be a possibility and ancestor species certainly seem like they might work. I didn't think of ancestor species before, guess I'll have you to thank if it ends up working. Guess I'm doing a research deep dive!

As for the wind magic, that's not related to any kintype that's just me. I've had persistent memories all my life of me as a human actively using wind magic to do go about parts of my life. It seemed a be fantastical so I just disregarded it as very vivid dreams that haven't faded a bit over the years. Now though since I'm hearing stuff about vampires, angels, gods, multiverse, etc, it doesn't seem too unlikely that there is legit cause for it. Elemental witch or something? I dunno I'm new to this and not too sure what a thing and what's not yet.

Off planet, huh? You're broadening my horizons beyond the literal horizon at this point but I guess I don't mind. You might have a point. It might also explain why the Mobian thing fit even though I don't think I've got an explicit connection to that universe, still working on clarifying that though. You might not be expert but you certainly know a lot, and have certainly been helpful so thank you. Any folkel in particular I should talk to?

I think I'd rather broaden my research and hit the right thing than narrow it and miss it completely. You been helpful, don't worry. Thanks, for the encouragement, I'm really glad I came here and started this journey with you guys : )