The music thread!

I wanted to make a place where beings can go and share their favourite music to listen to. Anything that gives ya good vibes, anything you simply enjoy for whatever reason. :3

And feel free to talk about it or tangentially related stuff too~ No need for this to just be hyperlinks to YouTube music lol

I love this one so much probably because Karliene's voice really fits Jinx. And thanks to this song I've discovered Arcane so like double good vibes.

And this one is just fun to listen to. x"3

Signed Blue! <w>

This has been my favorite song since I was a kid. I grew up on old-school, '70s and early '80s punk rock. My father, when my sister and I were tearing through the house with all the grace and care of a stampeding herd of buffalo, would get us to sit down and be quiet by bribing us with The Ramones. They may not be the best band ever from a musical quality standpoint, and I've certainly had other songs and artists I've loved over the years. The Ramones have just been the most enduring, and this song in particular. It actually took me until collage to realize what it was about, but I have many fond memories attached to it.

• Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

Posted (edited)

A friend of mine showed me YonKaGor a month or two ago, I think it was? Love their music, particularly

and

Thanks, I like those two. And I love the animations on them! Always happy to hear something new. :3

This has been my favorite song since I was a kid. I grew up on old-school, '70s and early '80s punk rock. My father, when my sister and I were tearing through the house with all the grace and care of a stampeding herd of buffalo, would get us to sit down and be quiet by bribing us with The Ramones. They may not be the best band ever from a musical quality standpoint, and I've certainly had other songs and artists I've loved over the years. The Ramones have just been the most enduring, and this song in particular. It actually took me until collage to realize what it was about, but I have many fond memories attached to it.

Thanks for sharing as well, but sadly for me the video is unavailable. :< But I'm glad you enjoy it. ^^

[automerge]1653554720[/automerge]

Oh and I wanted to share this one too! She has like a whole album about the legend of Anne Bonny too. But I really love this one, which reminds me I wanted to write a whole rp story inspired by Anne Bonny >->. Yeah get to it Blue, this year would be a good bloody deadline.

Edited by Blue_Drake
Signed Blue! <w>

Posted (edited)

Some more favorites!

I love this band. The fusion of traditional and modern elements in everything they do is fantastic. And this song in particular, I love the sound of it, but I also love the music video and the way they play with the visuals.

I got into a very, extremely specific genre of French music that I still don't know the name of. But I realized fairly quickly that pretty much all the artists were either French-speaking African or they were of African descent living in France, Belgium, or Quebec. And that made me realize why the genre felt so comfortable and familiar: I grew up listening to a lot of son cubano, which extensively utilizes what's called a clave rhythm. The beat of it goes 12 123 12 123 or 123 12 123 12. It is not a straight beat like is found in most Western music. That element originates in certain African musical traditions.

As to an actual song, I think this one has to be one of my favorites. It's about how the artist felt growing up in Belgium without his father, who left when he was a child. For a bit of further info on that, this artist is Rwandan-Belgian and after leaving, his father returned to Rwanda, [iSPOILER]where he was killed in the Rwandan genocide[/iSPOILER]. The video also features a lot of really fantastic dancing. (The artist is the wax-figure-esque dad.)

He does another version, too, featuring Angel Haze, a trans Latina hip hop artist from the US, and that version is also awesome.

Another one I love, because I'm apparantly just going to cover all the languages, is in Spanish. It's more pop than anything, but it's like aggressively positive.

And trying one more link for the Ramones song, because I'm pretty sure the official one is region-locked. I did not realize until college that this song was about Reagan's War on Drugs. It's very catchy and peppy, though.

Edited by RowanWolf
  • Like 1

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

As to an actual song, I think this one has to be one of my favorites. It's about how the artist felt growing up in Belgium without his father, who left when he was a child. For a bit of further info on that, this artist is Rwandan-Belgian and after leaving, his father returned to Rwanda, where he was killed in the Rwandan genocide. The video also features a lot of really fantastic dancing. (The artist is the wax-figure-esque dad.)

I really like this song and I had forgotten about it until now. I also didn't know the history behind it, so thank you for sharing it!

The song I want to share is much less impactful. I started watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil all the way through for the first time and I've had this medley cover of the ending themes stuck in my head for days now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbK3t0VK9S0:0

• Like 1

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

Posted (edited)

Some more favorites!

I love this band. The fusion of traditional and modern elements in everything they do is fantastic. And this song in particular, I love the sound of it, but I also love the music video and the way they play with the visuals.

h my circuits I LOVE this! Thank you!!

I got into a very, extremely specific genre of French music that I still don't know the name of. But I realized fairly quickly that pretty much all the artists were either French-speaking African or they were of African descent living in France, Belgium, or Quebec. And that made me realize why the genre felt so comfortable and familiar: I grew up listening to a lot of son cubano, which extensively utilizes what's called a clave rhythm. The beat of it goes 12 123 12 123 or 123 12 123 12. It is not a straight beat like is found in most Western music. That element originates in certain African musical traditions.

As to an actual song, I think this one has to be one of my favorites. It's about how the artist felt growing up in Belgium without his father, who left when he was a child. For a bit of further info on that, this artist is Rwandan-Belgian and after leaving, his father returned to Rwanda, [iSPOILER]where he was killed in the Rwandan genocide[/iSPOILER]. The video also features a lot of really fantastic dancing. (The artist is the wax-figure-esque dad.)

He does another version, too, featuring Angel Haze, a trans Latina hip hop artist from the US, and that version is also awesome.

ve heard this song a bunch of times in radio, never knew the backstory so, nice to know. :3

Another one I love, because I'm apparantly just going to cover all the languages, is in Spanish. It's more pop than anything, but it's like aggressively positive.

lso know this one from radio! :33

And trying one more link for the Ramones song, because I'm pretty sure the official one is region-locked. I did not realize until college that this song was about Reagan's War on Drugs. It's very catchy and peppy, though.

Hey now it works! Sorry to say not much my style but my dad would have loved this one so much.

[automerge]1653584713[/automerge]

I really like this song and I had forgotten about it until now. I also didn't know the history behind it, so thank you for sharing it!

The song I want to share is much less impactful. I started watching Star vs. the Forces of Evil all the way through for the first time and I've had this medley cover of the ending themes stuck in my head for days now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbK3t0VK9S0:0

Nice! I love CG5 :333

[automerge]1653584752[/automerge]

I love songs by p!nk

And p!nk is fun too~ x3

[automerge]1653584861[/automerge]

Aaaand I'm gonna share this one, started playing during my drive to Czechia today and I fell in love with it! :3

Usually happens with Witcher songs x"3

[automerge]1653586216[/automerge]

And I absolutely have to share this one. Especially her cover of this song. :33

Edited by Blue_Drake
  • Like 1
Signed Blue! <w>

Well, no need to say that I have an assorted taste of music, mostly different kinds of metal, but also rock, hard rock, classics, pop, even folk, middle-ages, different languages:

I really enjoy this rare song from the Portugese rock band:

Five years ago I heard it on a metal/rock edition on radio and then tried to find the song everywhere which is quite difficult as it dated back to the 90s, but is a great song with some great guitar riffs. And the voices of the singer(s) matches well with the genre. "Entre dos tierras" - the title of the song could be translated "Between two worlds" and reminds me thereof "Between Heaven and Earth", my dos tierras. :)

Another one I like is more folk. Originally it was sung by Johnny Cash, but is now covered by the many people. The country version from Emmylou Harris is quite nice, but when it comes to my favourite cover, so it is this band:

For me, it is really a good song to relax.

This also is an exceptional piece. It was the first song in this genre who managed to be awarded with 1st place of Eurovision Song Contest in 2006.

It is a Finnish hardrock band with tendencies to metal direction. Really Heads off, guys:

So, rock'n'roll angels bring that hard rock hallelujah *Yeah*

I absolutely love this English/Hebrew song to relax and it reminds me also of my kintype:

Well, those are only five of a lot more. :)

• Like 1

Well, no need to say that I have an assorted taste of music, mostly different kinds of metal, but also rock, hard rock, classics, pop, even folk, middle-ages, different languages:

I really enjoy this rare song from the Portugese rock band:

Five years ago I heard it on a metal/rock edition on radio and then tried to find the song everywhere which is quite difficult as it dated back to the 90s, but is a great song with some great guitar riffs. And the voices of the singer(s) matches well with the genre. "Entre dos tierras" - the title of the song could be translated "Between two worlds" and reminds me thereof "Between Heaven and Earth", my dos tierras. :)

Another one I like is more folk. Originally it was sung by Johnny Cash, but is now covered by the many people. The country version from Emmylou Harris is quite nice, but when it comes to my favourite cover, so it is this band:

For me, it is really a good song to relax.

This also is an exceptional piece. It was the first song in this genre who managed to be awarded with 1st place of Eurovision Song Contest in 2006.

It is a Finnish hardrock band with tendencies to metal direction. Really Heads off, guys:

So, rock'n'roll angels bring that hard rock hallelujah *Yeah*

I absolutely love this English/Hebrew song to relax and it reminds me also of my kintype:

Well, those are only five of a lot more. :)

These're nice but I gotta say my favourite overall is the wayfaring stranger. :3

• Like 1
Signed Blue! <w>

All of those are fantastic! One note about Wayfairing Stranger, though, that I think might be of interest to you, given your kintype. Johnny Cash did do one of the more well known recordings of it, but it's actually a Sacred Harp hymn that probably dates back to the early 1800s. The term "sacred harp" refers to the vocal cords, the voice being "the instrument given to man by God." In certain instances of the tradition (I don't know about all, I can only speak to a very narrow segment, as sacred harp and shape note music aren't my areas of specialization), the reason for this sacred harp tradition was that instruments were at one time viewed as tools of devilish influence and that only the instrument God Himself created was acceptable for use in worship. Sacred harp singing is linked with a practice called shape note singing, which is essentially a type of musical notation only used for these songs. It's rare, but you can still find shape note "singing schools" being held at churches in the rural Appalachian South. I've actually seen them while working on my thesis. It's a pretty fascinating tradition!

Rowan

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite songs is "Bridge Over the Stars" by Keiko Matsui :3 It's purely instrumental, but I totally love it!

Also, this one:

As for songs with lyrics, my favourites are usually coming from videogames or soundtracks. But I also like some art rock, like this:

Blood Fairy | forest/fairy-kin

One of my favourite songs is "Bridge Over the Stars" by Keiko Matsui :3 It's purely instrumental, but I totally love it!

Also, this one:

As for songs with lyrics, my favourites are usually coming from videogames or soundtracks. But I also like some art rock, like this:

I'll listen to them as soon as I get home, but I gotta say my favourite stuff is usually purely instrumental and if you notice most if not all songs I posted are made inspired by games or shows based on games xD

It's just a pure bliss video game soundtracks and songs based on them.

Signed Blue! <w>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Deleted58495

I'm easily distracted with random sounds, loud sounds throw me off, unless it's a constant bit of loud music (the car I share will always have loud music for my drives to [all pun intended] kill the noise of random stuff as well as my anxiety I get from (for lack of better phrasing) idiot drivers who drive aggressively or do stuff that makes you question why they have a license).

For this reason, I relate HEAVILY to Jacoby Shaddix's meaning behind Papa Roach's "Kill The Noise"

And I found it on Octane when it was a single, before the album Ego Trip released and I'll occasionally bump the song in the car, when I'm not blasting Otep's album, Smash The Control Machine or Bullet For My Valentine's self titled album.

Kill The Noise:

Also, speaking of BFMV, their song Shatter got me through ankle recovery, as well as Papa Roach's song Face Everything And Rise getting me through the early stages of physical therapy.

Face Everything And Rise:

Shatter:

• 2 weeks later...

I never watched Stranger Things and never planned too, but this songs existence is making me wanna [PLAN] it. Gets me pretty Zizzy, Pony, and Foxy shifty too.

• Like 1

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

So glad Kate Bush is getting a mini resurgence right now. She's my all-time favorite, and the entire album Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) is from is amazing.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

This cover of Running up That Hill has been one of my favourite songs for years now, along with the original. I’m also very glad that Kate Bush and her songs are being appreciated by more people again.

• Like 1

vergilius | they/it

siberian tiger therianthrope & fictionkind

🐅

• 2 months later...