Writers, give me the best quotes you've written!

Since I mostly write at night, I've written some funny things when sleep-deprived. Here are my best from the Shifted Duology.

-"We can have the ‘talk-about-turning-into-skeletons chat' later, but now is not the time." -Sol

-Kelvin Turner: "You make a very pretty parasite, I’ll tell you that. Maybe I should keep you as a pet…”

Zagane: "Fuck you."

- “Oh, I see how it is. I don’t have fangs and red eyes anymore, and suddenly I’m too soft to time travel!” -Scarlet

-"...Stop talking like a book, don’t make people start shipping Fell and Killer, and don’t you dare die.” -Scarlet

-Nico: "I hope you're into desperate murderers."

Scarlet: "What the hell happened back there?"

"Goodnight, you spherical bastards!” -Drystan Acheros

And my favorite:

-"Let me into that plane, or I swear to all the gods I will spend the rest of my miserable life sucking on your soul like a Jolly Rancher!” -Catalina

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I haven't written any of these but because Piggys quotes are too good, I had to put them here.

"Life was perfect before this whole infection started."

"We do things because we have too, Player. Not because we want too."

"Everybody thinks they know the answer, the answer to the story. Everyone assumes the path they've taken is the righteous one of two."

"This cure.. Many will fight over it, many will lose over it. What your doing is causing another grand war."

Theres so many more I love I haven't mentioned

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

Posted (edited)

I'm a songwriter, not a book writer. But it still counts I guess

- Demons claw my brain.

- I know this world my seem hostile,

And it's been dark for quite a while.

But we have braved through many trials.

This too shall pass. That much I can promise

- Bind me up and break me down,

I'll keep making these sounds.

And you will see this little flame ignite

- To Stagnate is to bleed

- Every little chance that fell in my lap

got tossed in the trash

There's no turning back

And every little choice not made that I should

I'd turn back the clock, you know, if I could

To sing these songs I've known all along

Shoved deep in my soul with no room to grow

But I can't go back, you know that's a fact,

Cause the clock keeps ticking on and on and on and on and on

- There's so much life ahead,

Still left you haven't seen.

So put your strife to bed

Beneath night's silver gleam

- A thousand years of hail may fall.

Do I have the gall,

Can I heed the call,

To brave the Assault?

- Don't you see?

All the grief

You've clung to all these years

Are only Seeds.

Set them free

And wash away your tears.

Edited by Timbrilsom

My favorite quotes are too long to be written here. Also they are written in Spanish, and when I translate them it just...loses the magic. But I have found one that I still like when translated, so here we go:

There are times when I feel inspired. Truly inspired. In which, for some reason, the fog that is my block dissipates, and I just want to create. My soul laments, desperate and anxious. It screams, cries, gasps and groans between sighs, at the need to grab a pencil or a brush and suddenly burst, and let out everything that is in my head, but there is so much to release that I just stay there, static, so full that I feel empty, so inspired that I feel blocked.

>>Demon, shadow person, beast/monster and labrador retriever therian<<

🌿Ei/Em, He/Him, It/Its🌿

I’m not much of a writer, but…

“A creature that had been forged by the hammer of evolution in nature's forge, large as a mountain and strong as the earth itself”

”Frost and flame have never been enemies. They amplify each other, just as life and the earth amplify each other. The true enemies are the unrelated ones, like fire and stone, if the even exist. Everything natural is connected to everything else.”

Clementine the RainWing

“I neither know nor think I know” -Socrates

There are times when I feel inspired. Truly inspired. In which, for some reason, the fog that is my block dissipates, and I just want to create. My soul laments, desperate and anxious. It screams, cries, gasps and groans between sighs, at the need to grab a pencil or a brush and suddenly burst, and let out everything that is in my head, but there is so much to release that I just stay there, static, so full that I feel empty, so inspired that I feel blocked.

Oof, that's relatable. I've had ideas for songs floating around in my head for years. But there was so much that I didn't know how to even get started. How do you take a swarm of disparate ideas that all weave together and flow into one another and condense it down into a form that's remotely coherent? You might as well attempt to create a painting that accurately represents the universe. It's just too much!

• 2 months later...

"There may be peace now," snarled the leonine monstress, Addy, "but don't push your luck, Wildblaze fishface." Moonshine ducked his head. "I mean no harm," he said. "I'm not staying." "Good!" growled a monster he couldn't see.

"And they were born during the first full moon of summer, too!" said Silvia. Moonshine looked confused. "How do we know what moon phase and season it is if we're underground?" "Calendars, my love." said Lilium.

- Northtale Act 1 - Moonshine's Curse

Enter the garden and stand among your fellow roses.

The sun longs to greet you after so much time apart.

---

genuine meals replace sawdust only for those who

entreat without entreating, without

revealing the concavity of their innards

---

I long for their little bones to transform,

to become like the smooth-cool marbles in my schoolyard cheek

---

when the peeling of soft sterile skin begins

envenomed barbs expose themselves

who will grasp tightly and take the imprint with them?

sluicing in the blood of such a being

would surely crystallize the antidote

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

• 1 month later...

"How much do you like your spine?" Kairos whispered in the spy's ear hotly, holding their hands behind their back whilst using them as a shield.

- Black Tides : 2. Collies of the Shadows

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tenebris: "Hey, mosquito boy, you done talking yet?"
Nadaniel: "Shut up and let me finish."
Tenebris: "You talk waaay too much. Like a teacher from high school and college. When's the next lecture?"
Nyxien: "Ten-" His twin brother put a paw over his mouth, silencing him.
Nadaniel: "I swear to fuck-" He was interrupted yet again by Tenebris.
Tenebris: "What'cha going to do? Report me to the Headmaster?"
Nadaniel: He sighed, and raised his voice. "Well, if you wanna teach the damn class, go ahead!"
Tenebris: "I usually skip lectures, and class is going to be dismissed if I take your place."
Nadaniel: Nadaniel was refraining from taking his gun out and shooting Tenebris in the shoulder.

- Black Tides : 1. Wolves at Sunset

Nyxien: "You're getting quite old." He chuckled as he was talking to Nadaniel.
Nadaniel: "Fuck you, youngin'. I'll kick your ass into next week." The vampire commander retorted with a light-hearted tone.
Nyxien: "Try it. Your bones will break with one punch."

- Black Tides : 1. Wolves at Sunset

These are my favourites currently. - Nyxien

Nyxien's Paws

"When you're not here, I'm suffocating. I want to feel love run through my blood." Sam S. - Writing's on the Wall