D&D Characters

My D&D group I've played with for about a year and a half now is starting a new campaign in two weeks. We have two DMs, so they switch off to give each other a break. And the one whose turn it will be ran a shorter campaign last time to learn to DM something bigger than a oneshot, so she's starting her first long campaign once we finish the current arc in the other DM's campaign. But because of that, everybody's been talking all week about character ideas. And I know we've got some nerds here besides just me. :nerd:

Who here plays D&D? What's your favorite character(s) you've created? Any particularly ridiculous things you remember happening in a campaign?

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

My favorite characters have been the ones that aren't optimized. The Half-Orc rogue who sucks at stealth was well-loved by everyone at the table, as well as my personal favorite, the Arcana domain Tabaxi Cleric. Performed pretty well in combat, and had great roleplaying hooks.

On the matter of ridiculous things... I remember when we borrowed from the internet and had my barbarian throw the halfling at a wall so hard they phased through and ended up on the other side, comedy gold. We thought the halfling would just die, but when it actually worked we laughed for so long that we forgot where we were in the dungeon!

Or, just the other week, my character, an Alu-Fiend (Shoutout to my DM for making that race for my use) warlock of the celestial. I took the charlatan background, because of course I did, and proceeded to accidentally fleece one of the PC's without knowing it! When I figured it out, I'll be honest and admit that I kept the money and ran. Felt guilty later though, so I snuck into their room in the dead of night to return most (See: half) of the stolen money. I failed a stealth roll and woke 'em up; they decided to observe. I set the money down, they attack because they think I'm about to kill them. I use Light to blind them (shoutout to my DM for letting me use that to not get killed) and ran and dove out of their window! But... they were on the second floor, and I hit a perfectly timed nat 1 on my dex roll. First time I've had a character killed by Sir Newton.

• Like 1

But even the most dreadful night is followed by the dawn

De/It/She/They ---- Alu-Fiend, Marionette, Fox hearted

DM's open

I play DND and I only have one character

[ATTACH type=full]6047[/ATTACH]

He has my whole heart!!!

He has 2 children and an ex wife who he still loves

They have a bag of cursed items!!

• Like 1

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

@RowanWolf I hope you'll enjoy your DND!

When I played with others, I played a Dragonborn Sorcerer named Lyle.

[ATTACH type=full]6063[/ATTACH]

But nowadays I play solo DnD because humans are annoying sometimes. Hah And yes solo DnD is quite possible and quite fun!

• Like 1

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

@RowanWolf I hope you'll enjoy your DND!

Thank you!

These are all awesome characters! And I love the custom race creation. We just recently had a thing happen in our Friday group with L's (the DM currently DMing) campaign where one of the PCs was killed in a fight. This was intentional on the part of L, K (the other DM and the same person from the cat issues), and Y, one of other players. Because Y had worked with L and K to develop an entirely new race  and an two entirely new classes based upon something he's been working on. K's character was going to transform into this new race and she and her husband would each be taking on one of these new classes. They knew that. The  rest of us did not. There was so much panic, followed by stunned shock, followed by rage.

I have three characters I'm either playing currently or will be playing soon. The least ridiculous is my half-elf bard, Faelan. He's pretty standard, but he was my first character developed for an actual campaign. He's the typical "I roll to seduce the dragon" type, but he doesn't flirt with everyone constantly. Oh no, he's taken on a  challenge. He's got his sights set on our drow cleric, Vanic, Y's character. (Y and I worked this out before the campaign even started, because we both found it hilarious, and ran it by L. So this ridiculousness is planned by both PC's players and endorsed by the DM.) The cleric, however, is both apathetic and clueless. And rather antisocial. Unlike my bard. Our party is based out of a tavern/inn. And Vanic got annoyed with Fae early in the campaign and told him one time to "make yourself useful and go earn some coin." And thus began Fae's nightly habit of, when they're in town, taking his lute down to the tavern, standing on a table, and singing. Vanic has been regretting his life choices ever since - especially the time he lost a strength check when trying to pull a slightly drunk Fae off a table and ended up on the table with him instead - but Fae actually has made quite a bit of coin. And I've had fun with it. I study balladry in my academic life, so I actually wrote a ballad about one of our quests and sang it during a session.

My other two characters, I've gotten to play once and never thus far. I have a Tabaxi Circle of the Shepherd druid whose character design is based on a Pallas's cat. She's 6'5", stocky and solidly built, and ridiculously fluffy. And she's got a serious resting grump face because of her fur and markings, even though she's not an angry folken. I've only played her once, but her introduction to the party was her arriving at the guild hall and instead of taking a seat and observing like a normal folken, she decided to scale the rafters.

And then there's Baal. My lovely, chaotic, little gremlin child. They're my character for K's upcoming campaign. They're a changeling, so there's an element of chaos already. They're also a bard. So more chaos. But they're not a bard like Fae, who's focus is solely on music and storytelling. No, Baal grew up in a traveling circus. They found Baal as a small child and took them in. So Baal does music, but also dance, acrobatics, you name it. And their primary instrument is bagpipes, because they're just that much of a chaos gremlin. They're going to be fun.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir