This is a very dumb question

Question

Ok, it's more of a brain teaser. I have this original character - Adwin. Long story short, he's Otherkin. His kintype is a fictional character, but this character is real in the story, albeit in another universe. I portray this particular fictional character as pretty animalistic, and since he's not human it could in some sense be classified as therianthropy.

What label would you give Adwin? I want to see what becomes of this because it's been bugging me for a while.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

5 answers to this question

I think there's a label called fictiontherian, but I'd classify him as fictionkin. Another important point is: how would Adwin classify himself? Do you think that he would prefer to call himself therian or fictionkin?

>>Demon, shadow person, beast/monster and labrador retriever therian<<

🌿Ei/Em, He/Him, It/Its🌿

I think there's a label called fictiontherian, but I'd classify him as fictionkin. Another important point is: how would Adwin classify himself? Do you think that he would prefer to call himself therian or fictionkin?

Technically he would prefer to call himself a mess *slapped*

I don't think he would know the term otherkin. I don't even know if there is a label to identify him, because technically speaking he would be factkin but if his kinself is from an alternate universe is that really fact? Another thing worth pointing out is that before his awakening he was physically transformed into his kinself. His otherkinity would be psychological because his emotions were chemically manipulated and his otherkinity is a direct result of that.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

You can go ficitonkin or therian, or even fictotherian. Either the three will fit, as long as they do, it's fine and "valid."

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

Therian used to be broader than defined on these forums. Therian referred to believing yourself to be a nonhuman animal, which included things such as primal dragons, gryphons and other mythical beasts or beast-like creatures. It's still used that way in some places, particularly spaces inhabited or run by the older generation of therians as that was the original use of the term.

But of course, in many places that's changed and now a lot of people see therians as only earthly animals.

Therian, otherkin, fictionkin, alterhuman. Any could work so go with whichever you feel fits best.

• Like 1

Velvet Wings

May Lady Luck smile upon you

🍀🐾