Tail

Question

Could anyone tell me if this tail was made by a bad fur farmer.

[ATTACH type=full]6111[/ATTACH]

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

22 answers to this question

We're going to have to see the actual tail, I think... that is just a hook.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Here's the tail. [ATTACH type=full]6112[/ATTACH]

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

That looks like a fursuit tail to me, so it's unlikely that it's even real fur. But I don't know much about tails, so...
  • Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Fax fur?

I think real fur because it has a leather backing.

They/it/him

I think real fur because it has a leather backing.

Well it looks a lot like fax fur to me-

Especially with that coloring.

• Like 1

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

Well it looks a lot like fax fur to me-

Especially with that coloring.

Well, I don't know. This is my first tail I ever owned.

They/it/him

Well, I don't know. This is my first tail I ever owned.

And I use faux (sorry I said fax before) a lot and it looks like it. 👍

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

And I use faux (sorry I said fax before) a lot and it looks like it. 👍

Okay, I guess it is. At least I know it wasn't cruelly farmed.

They/it/him

Okay, I guess it is. At least I know it wasn't cruelly farmed.

Don't stop there, you should wait for someone who actually KNOWS instead of thinks.

she/her

Don't stop there, you should wait for someone who actually KNOWS instead of thinks.

Okay. I'm sorry.

They/it/him

Id say it probably isnt?

Where did you buy it?

I have a similar tail that I bought in New Mexico (?)

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

Id say it probably isnt?

Where did you buy it?

I have a similar tail that I bought in New Mexico (?)

I bought it at a con.

They/it/him

I bought it at a con.

Id say its fine then

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

Id say its fine then

Okay! Thanks!

• Like 1

They/it/him

Easiest way to tell if it is fake or real fur is to take a few strands and to take a flame to them. If they actually burn up and turn into dust, then it's real. If it's fake, it'll melt into a little blob. I guarantee you if you got it from a con it's fake, especially since no fur farmer will ever dye their real fur neon colors.

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

Easiest way to tell if it is fake or real fur is to take a few strands and to take a flame to them. If they actually burn up and turn into dust, then it's real. If it's fake, it'll melt into a little blob. I guarantee you if you got it from a con it's fake, especially since no fur farmer will ever dye their real fur neon colors.

Would yarn tails catch fire? I'm pretty sure I've heard of those?

Kieran Ask (Ask pronouns) Feline or Fox Therian. Can't tell.

Oh yeah, yarn tails would catch fire. Honestly I think you're overthinking things. As someone who has hunter friends (ethical hunting) I guarantee you no hunter would ever let their priceless fur be tainted by dying them rainbow colors, as that would severely devalue their fur. Fur poachers generally do NOT undersell their fur, nor do they allow their fur to lose its natural color.
  • Like 1

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

That looks like a similar material to the tail I own, and my wife bought that for me while making sure it was faux fur. So I think it should be fine, especially with the other things folk'll have said here as well.

Red Fox Therian | Mooglekin | Sylveonkin | System full of fictives

Foxcore: She/Her (Headmates' pronouns are varied)

Musician, furry artist, fan of trash movies and rhythm games