What is your favorite book series?

I dont have one but I use to have an obsession over it so I guess im knowledged on it lol. There's a Piggy novel coming out, I love reading and well, PIGGY! Srsly why else would I love it? You can bet I'll read it. I like the Beastars manga and read the first book (but I watched the entire anime, every ep)

"everyone is dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.."

she/her

It's not a series but I loved Life of Pi. Its depiction of a tiger is actually quite accurate, though the prospect of being stuck on a boat at sea with a tiger is rather unrealistic. :)

[spoiler=Huge ending spoilers ]

At the end of the journey, one would expect that the human and tiger might have some kind of bond or connection. No, it's a tiger. Once landed, the tiger ventured into the forest and never turned back. Animals are not like us, they are wild, and respected beings. I appreciated the harsh honesty of the ending, that it's not your friend, it's an animal, and it has its own life.

• Like 1

Ghost-Dragonkin | Snakehearted

I am immortal until proven otherwise.

I use tone tags!

Untitled_06-21-2022_06-58-38.gif

I used to like "The Secret Town" book series by Vadim Panov very much, but only read 15 books from the series (I read original version, not English).

I didn't read the latest ones and don't know how much the lore have changed, but from what I remember, it used to be pretty solid.

Tried to read Anne Rice's books, but only liked the very first one, others looked too childish to me so I didn't bother to read them through.

Tried to read The Witcher book series. It is too boring for me, so I didn't bother to read it past the second book.

Other that that, I used to read a lot of classics as a kid :3 I was a very bookish person and used to spend a considerable portion of my afterschool time in the library, until I got my first PC (I was about 15 years old).

Blood Fairy | forest/fairy-kin

It's not a series but I loved Life of Pi. Its depiction of a tiger is actually quite accurate, though the prospect of being stuck on a boat at sea with a tiger is rather unrealistic. :)

[spoiler=Huge ending spoilers ]

At the end of the journey, one would expect that the human and tiger might have some kind of bond or connection. No, it's a tiger. Once landed, the tiger ventured into the forest and never turned back. Animals are not like us, they are wild, and respected beings. I appreciated the harsh honesty of the ending, that it's not your friend, it's an animal, and it has its own life.

Ooh oh my goodness, i think i remember seeing a movie about this concept or story a while back, it sounds super interesting !

[automerge]1654102198[/automerge]

Wings of Fire was a good one.

YESS ! Wings of Fire was and still is one of my favorite series

[automerge]1654102271[/automerge]

I used to like "The Secret Town" book series by Vadim Panov very much, but only read 15 books from the series (I read original version, not English).

I didn't read the latest ones and don't know how much the lore have changed, but from what I remember, it used to be pretty solid.

Tried to read Anne Rice's books, but only liked the very first one, others looked too childish to me so I didn't bother to read them through.

Tried to read The Witcher book series. It is too boring for me, so I didn't bother to read it past the second book.

Other that that, I used to read a lot of classics as a kid :3 I was a very bookish person and used to spend a considerable portion of my afterschool time in the library, until I got my first PC (I was about 15 years old).

I also tried the Witcher series but got bored of it as well

[automerge]1654102310[/automerge]

I dont have one but I use to have an obsession over it so I guess im knowledged on it lol. There's a Piggy novel coming out, I love reading and well, PIGGY! Srsly why else would I love it? You can bet I'll read it. I like the Beastars manga and read the first book (but I watched the entire anime, every ep)

Ooooo nice, I've yet to try Beastars

Ivan / Guts / Velvet ..:wave:

vamp/wolf/he . . Timber Wolf . .

🌙

I like:

Artemis Fowl

Shadow and Bone

Children of blood and bone

Median/Dreamway system

Donnie&Leo (Fictive) Kirby (faekin//polymorph//clown) Dib (fictive) Raemus (werewolf) Gabriel (angel)

Polyamorous // Aro Ace // System // Immersive Daydreamer // Roleplayer // Dm's open

I also loved Artemis Fowl when I was younger. Another one I loved when I was younger (and still reread from time to time) is The Faerie Wars Chronicles by Herbie Brennan. It seems a bit juvenile now, but I first read it when I was 14, so that tracks.

As for now, as an adult, I have two. The first is, to the surprise of absolutely no one who has ever read anything I've posted, The Firekeeper Saga by Jane Lindskold. That's a fantastic one. It's about a world in which magic exists and also there are two kinds of nearly every animal - Royal kind and Cousin kind. Royal animals are larger and more intelligent than their Cousin kind, having language, lore, and a culture of their own. They're still animals and they still function much like their Cousin kind, but they're highly intelligent. The story follows Firekeeper, a young woman raised by a pack of Royal Wolves, her brother and wolf packmate, Blind Seer, and her keeper, teacher, and eventual friend Darien Carter as Firekeeper and Blind Seer travel to the lands of the two-legs and Firekeeper learns to be human. Those books have resonated with me since the moment I picked them up. I'm sure that's in no small part because I, like Firekeeper, often wonder "why wasn't I born truly a wolf?" Firekeeper is a wolf and makes that very clear to everyone around her.

The other is, to the surprise of no one who has ever met my cats, Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab. These books are set mostly in a world parallel to our own. In this universe, there are three different worlds stacked one on top of the other. But in each of these worlds is a city called London with a river flowing through the center of it. The city and the river are in the exact same place in each world, though most everything else about the cities is different. Grey London - our London circa 1810 - is magickless and in the throws of the Industrial Revolution, wracked with poverty and polution and strife. White London, on the other end of this trio, is a frozen wasteland where magic runs rampent, draining the life force from everything and everyone. But Red London, between the two, is flourishing, its magic in balance and its citizens mostly prospering. The story follows a very special magician from Red London, named Kell Maresh. Kell is what's called an Antari, and he can open doorways between these worlds. He, along with his brother, Rhy Maresh the Crown Prince of Arnes, and a street child from Grey London called Lila Bard, get swept up in the plans of White London's twin rulers to restore their kingdom to glory. (And yes, my cats are, in fact, named after Lila Bard and Kell Maresh. Lila is a little shit and Kell is the orangest orange-boy to ever orange.)

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

I like:

Artemis Fowl

Shadow and Bone

Children of blood and bone

Artemis Fowl was so good!

I was tempted to mention Manga but I wasn't sure if it would work as audio books. I suppose light novels would work? Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense was a good one in that case. It doesn't happen until later in the series but Maple, the main character become a dragon. Everyone is confused about it but she just treats the dragon as another aspect of hers. It isn't hard, it isn't weird, it's just natural to her, like it's just who she is.

[automerge]1654112894[/automerge]

Note: She is not permanently a dragon, it's just a transformation of hers among other.

• Like 1
Kieran Ask (Ask pronouns) Feline or Fox Therian. Can't tell.

I like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The One and Only Ivan, and Red Thread Sisters. I won't explain Diary of a Wimpy Kid, since it's popular.

The One and Only Ivan was about Ivan, a circus gorilla trying to fulfill a promise that he made to Stella. Stella was a elephant who sadly died. He promised Stella that he would try to get Ruby (a baby elephant) into a zoo. He ends up fulfilling that promise threw drawings.

Red Thread Sisters was a book about a girl from China getting adopted by a family in America. Her friend couldn't get adopted because of a medical issue. But, her and her new family fought and ended up adopting her friend.

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

The Girl Who Dared To Think was awesome. I got the first book for Christmas and spent all my Christmas money buying the other six because I was that into it. It does hit a bit too close to home with the themes it conveys, because everyone in this society is ranked by a number and the more stress and mental issues you have the more your number drops. You have to start taking medicine once you reach level three, and those who reach level one are straight-up killed. It's rare for something like that to hook me the way it did.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

The Girl Who Dared To Think was awesome. I got the first book for Christmas and spent all my Christmas money buying the other six because I was that into it. It does hit a bit too close to home with the themes it conveys, because everyone in this society is ranked by a number and the more stress and mental issues you have the more your number drops. You have to start taking medicine once you reach level three, and those who reach level one are straight-up killed. It's rare for something like that to hook me the way it did.

If I could, I would check it out. Btw, I hope you like the pfp I made for you.

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

If I could, I would check it out. Btw, I hope you like the pfp I made for you.

Dude it like... actually gives me euphoria. Probably because I haven't had garlic bread in a while and am in withdrawal lol, but still.

Also, if any of y'all like Percy Jackson you should read Magnus Chase And The Gods Of Asgard.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Dude it like... actually gives me euphoria. Probably because I haven't had garlic bread in a while and am in withdrawal lol, but still.

That makes me happy. I'm still hating myself but this helps a little. I'm about to cry, I hate myself so much. I don't know how to help myself.

They/it/him

I'm not really much of a reader, but when I was a kid, I loved Percy Jackson and Kingdom Keepers. Kingdom Keepers was especially fun since it took place in Orlando, and I live in Orlando.

Nowadays? It's the Space Odyssey series. Such a wonderful series, and anyone that thinks HAL is a villain should really read the books because people fundamentally misunderstood the whole point of the book/movie and it's that HAL was the victim because he was given conflicting orders.

"Before we start testing today, let's have our mandatory minute of silence in honor of Earth's governing body, the Sentient Cloud. [throat clear] Starting now. [a pause] [coughing] Good, right. All hail the sentient cloud. Begin testing."

--

Cave Johnson

I looove the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.

It has dragons that aren't portrayed as just mean beasts, dwarfs, elves, magicians, comedy, war- and did I mention dragons??

Its an excellent series, I highly recommend it.

Skips the petkin polymorph!! kit/kits/kitself ☆ it/its ♡ flutter/flutters/flutterself ☆ mew/mews/mewself ♡ dew/dews/dewself ☆ syl/sylv/sylvs/sylvself ♡ fey/fem/feir ☆ pup/pups/pupself ♡ bun/buns/bunself ☆ fluff/fluffs/fluffself ♡ nip/nips/nipself

You got further than I did. I love the show, so I wanted to read the books. Especially as I know I'll never play the games, since I'm really not much of a gamer. I checked out the first one as an audiobook from the library and I just... could not. It was so dry. I wanted so badly to like it, but it was exactly the sort of flat that sword and sorcery novels all too often end up becoming.

I like the Beastars manga and read the first book (but I watched the entire anime, every ep

I've heard about this series! I've been told it's good. It looked interesting, just from the cast, but I've never quite figured out what it's about. I'm starting to get back into manga and anime alongside actually sitting down and reading novels again, so I'm always looking for a good recommendation. (I've been stalking this thread for precisely that reason.) What is it about?

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

You got further than I did. I love the show, so I wanted to read the books. Especially as I know I'll never play the games, since I'm really not much of a gamer. I checked out the first one as an audiobook from the library and I just... could not. It was so dry. I wanted so badly to like it, but it was exactly the sort of flat that sword and sorcery novels all too often end up becoming.

I've heard about this series! I've been told it's good. It looked interesting, just from the cast, but I've never quite figured out what it's about. I'm starting to get back into manga and anime alongside actually sitting down and reading novels again, so I'm always looking for a good recommendation. (I've been stalking this thread for precisely that reason.) What is it about?

Anthropomorphic animals living in a human like society and carnivores dealing with judgemental behavior, and herbivores being scared of being eaten by them. Theres 3 main characters.

• Like 1

"everyone is dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.."

she/her

• 1 month later...
I'm a huge fan of the Prydain Chronicles, by Lloyd Alexander. They're a series of fantasy novels (5 novels and spinoff book of short stories of lore about the world) that follow an Assistant Pig Keeper on his adventures with his new friends as he grows up. The series starts as a children's series but the tone drastically changes as the characters grow up, taking on almost a C.S. Lewis or Tolkien-esque tone to the last book, High King. They're great books, and short, easy reads. Definitely recommended for anyone a fan of fantasy stories!

Gosh, it’s been a minute since I’ve read books (fanfics, this is your fault🤣) but my fav has been The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Now, individual books…I’ve read and enjoyed some Stephen King ones (Carrie, Eyes of Fire, It, Desperation, Black House). Tried to read Emma by Jane Austen, but the main character was to much for me.😅. Surprisingly,I’ve enjoyed the Harry Potter book in its hay days. I’ve also liked Out by Kirino Natsuo. I need to go back to reading.

Oh, I’ve also read a pair of danmei books by Mò Xiāng Tóng Xiù (MXTX) but I don’t know if they will be your cup of tea.

80's girl so Internet communication nuances is specially lost on me // she / her / they / them // I'm like megumin //

“Explosion!” // passes out

It might sound a little silly, but the Animorphs series and its companion books have been a solid favorite of mine for quite a number of years now. I especially loved The Ellimist Chronicles.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic