Linktypes

Question

So, how do you find your linktype? I need a Coping'link because I'm going through a state of depression. I need it to cope.

Radiant_Day Fictionkin, Yakko Fictionkin, canine hearted, feline hearted, Red Panda Therian, Clink of Po,:atal Error Sans, P!Tord, Michaelangelo from ROTTMNT

They/it/him

Pansexual, genderfluid, demisexual

4 answers to this question

For me, I find a character that I want to be like and/or want to emulate, and do some TF roleplay to get into the right headspace. That's about it.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I'm still new to the whole link thing, but I knew of a character who would be helpful in sorting through my nonhuman identity. (Since I've now actually put specific terms to kintypes I knew about, figured out one kintype was masking another very similar one, and identified an entirely new kin type all within the last six months.) And she's sort of becoming a copinglink, from what I can tell about how copinglinks work.

So if there's a character or species you know would either understand your situation particularly well or who has traits you think would help you... That's how I found mine, anyway.

Rowan

Wolf Therian | Gryphonkin | Kitsunekin | Crowkith | Ravenkith | Red-Tailed Hawk-kith

They/Them :nerd: Xe/Xir

But what if that character is extremely different from you? I think that linking with Mr. Wolf, of The bad guys, (who is my sympathy) would help me improve my confidence and self esteem, but we're very different in some aspects.
  • Like 1

>>Demon, shadow person, beast/monster and labrador retriever therian<<

🌿Ei/Em, He/Him, It/Its🌿

But what if that character is extremely different from you? I think that linking with Mr. Wolf, of The bad guys, (who is my sympathy) would help me improve my confidence and self esteem, but we're very different in some aspects.

Well... I have a paint-drinking soulless monster as a copinglink, so your 'link doesn't need to be much like you in order for it to work. But if you carry the link for a long time, some aspects of their personality will rub off on you, even aspects you didn't choose to emulate.

• Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~