Is there such thing as link'flicker?

Question

Cause I heard about the term "ficiton flicker" as well as "identity flicker" and I resonate with it in a way but they don't feel like kintypes, they feel like link'types. So is there a term like ficiton flicker but like leaning towards c' linkers, and links in general (ficitonlinks, otherlinks, etc)? Cause if so that's defiantly how I would describe this 👍 Edited by Unstable_Day

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

4 answers to this question

No idea, but aren't linktypes innately easy to pick up and drop? A flicker term would fit, but it also seems unneeded to me.

but that doesnt go for everyone, though i do see where your coming from

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

I don't know what you mean, since linktypes are a choice and not an experience that is foisted upon us like being nonhuman. I guess I can see it being difficult to let go of a copinglink that one is strongly attached to, but that's more to do with the being and not the link itself. When I think of a flicker identity, I think of an involuntary experience that has varying levels of intensity and, at times, absence. When I think of a link, I think of a tool that someone is in the mood to use or not. It has no life, it does not "flicker" on its own. Maybe my perspective is wrong.

Anyway, if it fits to you, then I don't see why it would be a problem for you to use it to describe how you are feeling.

• Like 1

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

Posted (edited)

I don't know what you mean, since linktypes are a choice and not an experience that is foisted upon us like being nonhuman. I guess I can see it being difficult to let go of a copinglink that one is strongly attached to, but that's more to do with the being and not the link itself. When I think of a flicker identity, I think of an involuntary experience that has varying levels of intensity and, at times, absence. When I think of a link, I think of a tool that someone is in the mood to use or not. It has no life, it does not "flicker" on its own. Maybe my perspective is wrong.

Anyway, if it fits to you, then I don't see why it would be a problem for you to use it to describe how you are feeling.

i mean that like, theres some that'll keep a link'type for awhile, some dont, some experience something like i, yknow. sorry, i suck at explaining sh. thanks, anyways

[automerge]1655037152[/automerge]

Ok, so I just reread your post and im starting to realize what the purpose of a ficitonflicker actually is-seems I was getting it wrong at first, I apologize. No, your perspective isn't wrong, mine was. I think from now I'll just stick with the term C'link and fiction'link, im just kind of "collecting" (choosing) these link'types pretty quick then. Thanks.

Edited by Unstable_Day

she/her