Finding a type when you don't shift.

Question

For a few time I've been questioning whether I am dogkin and, more specifically, a Labrador retriever. Some months ago I concluded that I am dogkith, but, I don't know... I feel that I am missing something. I've got reasons to think that I might be a labrador, but I don't get dog shifts, as it is more like a part of my personality and identity that is present at (almost) every moment. How does one figure a type when doesn't shift?

>>Demon, shadow person, beast/monster and labrador retriever therian<<

🌿Ei/Em, He/Him, It/Its🌿

2 answers to this question

As much as it is a controversial term, "suntherianthropy" is another consideration which is a relative to "contherianthropy" as posed by @Jeb_CC and "vacillant therianthropy". The only reason I mention it here is because the fluctuations recounted in it are minor and more akin to a faintly sliding scale of integration. I would call it more similar to a wave's function. The frequency can stretch in or out, thus the spaces between manifestations - what the community chooses to call "shifts" - of states of mind and other forms of being, which is measured over time. However, here, the difference is in amplitude, or the variation of the highs and lows from the baseline, @That Dark Shadow.

The reason I suppose this aspect in particular is because of the uncertainty described as is. One reports it as if it is omnipresent but relays it in a way that does not sound like it is an obvious baseline, rather that there is a degree and even a magnitude of it that might be too subtle to even be convinced of its presence. This, of course, leads to the differentiation of what is "kin" versus "kith", but if we are speaking about something which waxes and wanes in certainty, then some variation exists. Whether that is caused by the doubts or not, I cannot say.

Smilodon Populator