Carnivore snacks

Question

6 answers to this question

Lasagna kind of reminds me of guts, and you can always cook a cornish game hen and eat it (bonus points for no-hands challenge!) Raw broccoli also satisfies me for some reason.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

My people consume mainly processed and prepared meats, so I may not have the greatest input here.

But I do enjoy surimi sticks* (fake crab meat) a lot. They do invoke the sensation of raw meat for me personally.

I find the combination of the firm texture and cold fishy meat very pleasing. It is something I never get sick of. Especially with just a bit of soy sauce.

So I imagine that eating surimi sticks plain might please carnivorous eating instincts on maybe at least some levels.

I might be assuming though and apologize, if it is the case.

I do enjoy eating meat a great deal, but I do lack any of the more feral urges some beings experience.

*When I can, I try to pick them up at our local Korean import store, as a big frozen pack there costs just as

much as the unpleasingly small sized ones they sell at the regular supermarkets.

• Like 2

We are the Duumy System | she/her pronouns work for all of us

System Mates Text Color Key:

Spuukiy (Ghost)*Formerly default text color* | Naki (Reptilian) | Aija (Moonelf)

This answer is kinda gross, but hey eatin' fresh animals isn't clean anyways. But I once watched a video of a guy trying different recipes from a subreddit where people post food that looks not great... and one of them he described as having a 'fleshy' skin, and he felt like he was 'biting off the head of an animal' if he was blindfolded. The recipe in question? Cold can soup wrapped in a ricepaper "burrito". I'm sure you can substitute the filling with whatever red mess you want, but the ricepaper was key as its a pale translucent color and when slightly dampened it has a chew to it like the thin flesh of a small animal.

I can't find the specific video, nor am I interested in trying this out myself... But I hope you find this info useful!

• Like 2

🌙

it/its

This isn't really an emulation of raw meat like beef, but if you are interested in the prospect of eating something that still has a face on it, softshell crab is the way to go. It's one of my go-tos because I like to pretend that my teeth are still sharp enough to regularly pierce tough exoskeletons like that.

"Wholly wounded, I imitate, I take shape."

polymorphic

Adding on to what @Hanami said, you could technically just eat crab. Especially if you're an animal that slurps or cracks exoskeletons to get to its food. I'm not even a creature that does that and the sensation of using my teeth and tongue to get at something edible is immensely satisfying. It's like a treat puzzle! I don't even use the tools you would normally use, I just gnaw along a leg until I find a weak spot and carefully bite down. I wouldn't recommend this if you have sensitive or easily injured teeth, but by the time I smell crab I'm too deep in a mental shift to have the fine motor skills required to use that damn tiny fork lol

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~