Drop Kiwifarms!

Kinmunity is facing a persistent attack (raid) from members of a notorious internet hate site. As a result, we have increased our security measures at the time of registration. This may result in inconvenience for some users attempting to register, though care has been taken to to ensure inconvenience to normal users who are attempting to register on the site is minimal. There will be a slight increase in users who are flagged for additional scrutiny and/or review by our staff at this time.

Over the past 48 hours:

• Kinmunity has been DDoS'd twice, with no disruption to service.
  • FangAI has identified and flagged over 15 registration attempts as high risk.
  • FangAI has identified and outright blocked over 10 registration attempts.
  • Kinmunity staff have banned approximately 24 troll/raid accounts from the site.
  • New FangAI definitions have been written to further increase security.

We would like to thank our haters for providing free intelligence on how to improve our security systems. Keep on howling.

Kinmunity supports #DropKiwifarms

Kiwi Farms is a blight on the internet, and exists to harass transgender and neurodivergent people. Their members have attacked Kinmunity with both DDoS and the mass registration of troll accounts. Their actions have led to the suicide of targets, and other horrific consequences. Please support the campaign in any way you can.

DropKiwifarms.net

Edited by Naia
  • Like 7

Naia Ōkami [ID] [KB] [KO]

Site Administrator & Founder

Kinmunity is supported as a labor of love by its

staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

That's terrifying... I think I might have saw a post from one of those trolls last night. I can't remember their name but they were talking about how "the dark one has risen UwU" (yes they actually said UwU) and overall acting like a typical troll.

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

Thank you and the team for ensuring Kinmunity's safety.

Your hard work in keeping this place and it's people save and secure is highly appreciated.

We have only recently arrived here ourselves, but the Kinmunity forums have already become our new and treasured second home on the internet.

• Like 1

We are the Duumy System | she/her pronouns work for all of us

System Mates Text Color Key:

Spuukiy (Ghost)*Formerly default text color* | Naki (Reptilian) | Aija (Moonelf)

I'm appalled such a group is allowed to legally exist when it had already caused deaths. Doesn't this fall under cyber harassment? Thank you for doing all you can to protect this site.

80's girl so Internet communication nuances is specially lost on me // she / her / they / them // I'm like megumin //

“Explosion!” // passes out

I'm sorry you guys are having to deal with this, KF is brutal and I wish you guys luck with handling their attacks. I'm glad there's a site up now for explaining the harm it does and I'll be sure to save that since it would be useful to link. I might actually also do the take action that site recommends, since I've seen how life-ruining and stressful KF can be and would love to see it taken down.

While I also trust Kinmunity and that profiles are members only, I'm still going to go ahead and remove my links to other sites from my profile as a precaution. Minimizing the reach and potential targets is one of my system's safety measures and its kept us from KF targetting in the past so I like to stick to it.

Edit: Forgot to ask since none of my system are tracking KF, is there any risk that they might target other parts of the otherkin community?

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

Doesn't this fall under cyber harassment?

They are claiming Section 230 immunity, which is dubious at best given that the owner of the site directly participate in the harassment campaigns it is known for. Unfortunately, most of the lawsuits against the farms have been initiated by incompetent pro-se litigants without good legal representation. This hasn't really been tested extensively in the courts, and I believe that if they were sued properly, they'd likely lose.

Forgot to ask since none of my system are tracking KF, is there any risk that they might target other parts of the otherkin community?

KF actively monitors the otherkin community, so I would assume so. Kinmunity is actually safer, despite being a direct target, than a lot of sites due to our intensive security measures, such as FangAI. Though, if you have reason to believe you may be targeted by the farms, scrubbing personally identifiable profile information is the way to go.

• Like 1

staff team, with contributions from users all over the world. If our community means something to you, please consider donating. Donations help off-set the costs to run the site, as well as fund new features!

That's terrifying... I think I might have saw a post from one of those trolls last night. I can't remember their name but they were talking about how "the dark one has risen UwU" (yes they actually said UwU) and overall acting like a typical troll.

I saw the same thing. Their name was "pestilence" but I wasn't sure if they were trolling or not, but it seemed weird. Glad I wasn't the only one to think so.

Also glad to see security being amped. It's sad that these trolls/people have no better use of their time.

I saw the same thing. Their name was "pestilence" but I wasn't sure if they were trolling or not, but it seemed weird. Glad I wasn't the only one to think so.

Also glad to see security being amped. It's sad that these trolls/people have no better use of their time.

That whole message screamed "troll" to me but I don't trust my own judgement so I didn't report it. It did have a lot of red flags - being entirely off-topic, overly edgy for no apparent reason, signs of "main character syndrome," etc and their profile as no information aside from their identity and gender. They don't even mention what their kintype is. I don't know... I feel like it's either someone young or someone dangerous. Maybe someone less fearful than I can do some digging.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I feel like it's either someone young or someone dangerous.

Exactly how I felt and still feel when I first saw them. Message gave me "new roleplayer with their first oc" vibes. Which usaully means one of those two.

[automerge]1661894538[/automerge]

Exactly how I felt and still feel when I first saw them. Message gave me "new roleplayer with their first oc" vibes. Which usaully means one of those two.

Also seemed like the sort of otherkin/therian stereotype that is basically "Cringy people who think they're animals in every sense possible and other cringe like edgy backstories!!".

Please call me Ness, my partner is the only person allowed to call me Nessie.

That whole message screamed "troll" to me but I don't trust my own judgement so I didn't report it. It did have a lot of red flags - being entirely off-topic, overly edgy for no apparent reason, signs of "main character syndrome," etc and their profile as no information aside from their identity and gender. They don't even mention what their kintype is. I don't know... I feel like it's either someone young or someone dangerous. Maybe someone less fearful than I can do some digging.

I, too, went back and looked at their profile. Based on the circumstances, I went ahead and reported it for possible trolling. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but it doesn't hurt to bring the account to a moderator's attention.

not saying Kiwifarms isn't awful but trying to activly take them down is dangerous! they have legit hackers and people who can dox you with ought any thought . They are only trolling because we make ourselves easy targets with our reaction. Best cource of action is to ignore and report not interact.
  • Like 1

I, too, went back and looked at their profile. Based on the circumstances, I went ahead and reported it for possible trolling. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but it doesn't hurt to bring the account to a moderator's attention.

Should I report it too?

not saying Kiwifarms isn't awful but trying to activly take them down is dangerous! they have legit hackers and people who can dox you with ought any thought . They are only trolling because we make ourselves easy targets with our reaction. Best cource of action is to ignore and report not interact.

Agreed, and well said. The more of a reaction they recieve out of us, the more they feel the need to do more.

Edd (Eddsworld) fictionkin

Preferred pronouns + flags: https://en.pronouns.page/@BonnieLoverz

spacer.png

They're probably either led by a child or a hacker. Or both.

there may be a lot of immature children that do troll online but i doubt its a child in this case

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her

Posted (edited)

We will not be intimidated by them. A large group of people are actively trying to take them down and it's gotten significant press coverage... they aren't the only hackers out there! :wink:

The "pestilence" troll has been banned. Kinmunity uses advanced security in order to keep members safe, and has successfully defended itself against /b/ and Kiwi Farms raids in the past and now is no different. In addition to FangAI protections, Kinmunity administrators are retroactively reviewing all recent registrations and those that appear to be trolls will be flagged as high risk and required to go through the risk reduction process. Users of Kinmunity should practice good information security hygiene, just as you would elsewhere on the internet, and not post information that is personally identifiable or potentially damaging.

Sensitive discussions can take place in the burrows, as it is unlikely trolls will be able to gain access to that area. Our administration team, for years, has been focused on safety and security and I personally think this is where Kinmunity shines above all similar sites.

Edited by Naia
  • Like 5

We will not be intimidated by them. A large group of people are actively trying to take them down and it's gotten significant press coverage... they aren't the only hackers out there! :wink:

The "pestilence" troll has been banned. Kinmunity uses advanced security in order to keep members safe, and has successfully defended itself against /b/ and Kiwi Farms raids in the past and now is no different. In addition to FangAI protections, Kinmunity administrators are retroactively reviewing all recent registrations and those that appear to be trolls will be flagged as high risk and required to go through the risk reduction process. Users of Kinmunity should practice good information security hygiene, just as you would elsewhere on the internet, and not post information that is personally identifiable or potentially damaging.

Sensitive discussions can take place in the burrows, as it is unlikely trolls will be able to gain access to that area. Our administration team, for years, has been focused on safety and security and I personally think this is where Kinmunity shines above all similar sites.

Can I just say that I love how hard you work to protect us? I only joined in the first place because of the security system. I've never felt safe on the internet due to past trauma but this website feels like an underground bunker where I can be myself and be safe. I know this is off-topic, but I feel like when fighting back against a hateful place like KiwiFarms, you need to hear compliments like this.

• Like 4