Questions about Copinglinks

Question

7 answers to this question

Definitely. Linktypes can be very integral to a person and over time develop into a more permanent identity that can no longer be controlled, changed, or dropped.

Kintypes aren't always something someone is born as and can be psychological, which includes reasons such as imprinting, trauma responses, or neurological wiring, and copinglinking can become that where a chosen identity becomes inherent to your mindset in a way that you can't remove. If the linktype is no longer something you can change or stop being then it could be worth looking at psychological kin or you could still use the label of 'link. It's also possible to use both and there are actually involuntary copinglinkers who prefer that label to kin.

I'll also respond to people saying it's subconscious; it could be but I wouldn't push that narrative on someone regardless. Tthere doesn't need to be a deeper subconscious reason for it. Sometimes things happen and identity is complicated, and copinglinking is just a complex and detailed of an identity as kin is where there can be a grey area. Nonhumanity isn't exactly a special, exclusive experience and kin is a label for a subculture and identity where the definition is just identifying as something nonhuman and not having that be something you can change about yourself.

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

I find it unlikely unless the link is really, really strong. You could hypothetically trick your brain into thinking you are Kagamine, but since it originated as a link it might fade over time and as such wouldn't be a kintype. An exercise would be to try dropping the link and actively telling yourself that you're not Kagamine Len. Do the feelings persist after doing this for several weeks?
  • Like 1

Within isolation comes self-discovery.

~Caracal therian (C. caracal caracal) | Sunny fictionkin (Omori) | Razorwhip fictherian (Dragons: Race To The Edge)~

I wouldn’t say they can become kintypes, rather if someone had a feeling about themselves that they were initially interpreting as a linktype but later realize was a kintype, that’s the only way I think that could happen, but to that point it would be someone misinterpreting themselves initially, not fully choosing something and then later saying “actually I’m making it my kintype” because that’s not how it works.

I don’t have linktypes so I don’t even know if someone would be capable of making that kind of misinterpretation beyond externally misrepresenting themselves out of fear of being seen as faking if they were unsure, but yeah.

- panthera onca -

i think the better way to put it is "can they DISCOVER its a fictotype and not a linktype" which is very much so possible as how that went for ness and how jethero put it ^^

"they call him hermit the frog, hes looking for a dog. did you find your b!tch in me? your an abomination socially.."

she/her