What's something you like that everyone else seems to hate?

Most people I know hate long car rides. I, however, absolutely love them as long as I'm not the one driving. I just curl up in the back seat with a cozy blanket and a pair of headphones and listen to music while watching the world go by for hours. It's nice imo.

What do you like that most people don't? ^-^

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

I like the odor skunks leave. It doesn't smell gross to me, and apparently for some people it doesn't either. But it's no doubt something a lot of people hate.

Same with the scent of ammonia. 

I like the odor skunks leave. It doesn't smell gross to me, and apparently for some people it doesn't either. But it's no doubt something a lot of people hate.

Same with the scent of ammonia. 

Definitely can't relate to the skunk thing tbh... I love the smell of markers and nail polish though!

Guest Deleted member 226

I like the smell of dust and ash, probably because I’m a derg and I like fire, but I love potato salad with a passion so that could be a thing I like that others don’t XD 

I like the smell of dust and ash, probably because I’m a derg and I like fire, but I love potato salad with a passion so that could be a thing I like that others don’t XD 

I'm not a big potato salad fan but I love macaroni salad! I'm with you on the ash smell too, it's so nice. 

I love it when my dog jumps up on me.  Even if he tries to nip at my arm or something, I don't really mind.  I know it's just his way of playing.  I usually end up wrestling with him and I can tell he loves it.

Yet, if he tries to do that with anyone else, they always try to shoo him away, or snap at him yelling "bad dog".  I don't get it.  I guess they just don't understand how a dog thinks as well as I do.

Most people I know hate long car rides. I, however, absolutely love them as long as I'm not the one driving. I just curl up in the back seat with a cozy blanket and a pair of headphones and listen to music while watching the world go by for hours. It's nice imo.

I also love long car rides. If someone else is driving you get to listen to music and daydream, if you're the one driving (and you're alone) you can sing along to your favorite songs. Especially on the highway at night -- it feels so eerie and weird, which most people might hate but I love.

Also I like bugs. I'm a little scared of them, like I wouldn't want them to touch me, but I'm fascinated by them. Even spiders.

Guest bhiurd

~ smell of gasoline

~ pickle brine - i'll just drink that straight up like water any day

~ specifically the smell of alcohol + cigarette smoke

~ animal scents and remains, rotting or not - i love the smell of bones??

~ mushrooms (not as food, though) & cacti (as well as other desert-y plants)

~ pain, but only specific kinds

~ long car rides, especially at night and if it's hours long - it's extremely therapeutic for me

~ snails, moths, any reptile (especially including snakes, crocodiles / alligators, monitors, and crested geckos), as well as really any sort of fish (but especially sharks, piranhas, eels, and any sort of weird deep-sea thing)

~ coyotes :']

~ tight / "claustrophobic" spaces

~ the train horn

~ really hot things like weather, water, and beverages

~ getting dirty bc of the heccin' wilderness, yeehaw

~ being bitten, scratched, or licked in some way

and,

~ i don't love it but i don't mind being bitten, scratched, or kicked by animals in an aggressive way as much as other people might

~ tight / "claustrophobic" spaces

I actually agree with this! Only to a degree though. It all depends on if there are other people in the tight space with me. A super tiny elevator is perfectly fine if I am alone, but if it's full of people it's gonna be a hard no from me 

Arthropods! So insects, spiders, crustaceans, ect. I love them so much (I'm actually arthropod-hearted, aha). Makes me really sad when people say "wasps are evil" or the like. :c

(Exceptions to this: blood-sucking parasites. Mosquitoes and ticks are... kinda awful. Why, nature, why?)

For me I suppose it would mostly be scents. Wet dog smell for example.  :Love:  Back when I had rats I loved their scent as well. And while I wouldn't say I love human body odor it is infinitely more pleasant then any of those god awful things people spray on themselves.

Velvet Wings

May Lady Luck smile upon you

🍀🐾

I really like fried tofu (I'm not on any sort of meatless diet, it's just Good) but every time I mention to someone that one of my favorite restaurants has great fried tofu they say that the words "good" and "tofu" should never be in the same sentence. Also everyone thinks I'm weird for liking brussels sprouts, even people who like cabbage.

Also, is it really that weird to like unsweetened iced tea? Sugar always makes it taste so...cloying, and I don't mind the bitterness, but I've heard my fair share of "HOW?"s when I've said that to people.

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed lol. As long as I have at least one device and a way to charge it, I be good for the whole ride.

Another thing is reading. I swear every kid my age hates reading these days. I'd quite literally rather sit in ny room with a book and my comluter than on games like Overwatch during the weekend.

Heyo all! I just lurk hehe, dont mind if i pop up in a convo randomly <3

Guest MariaTheFictionkin

My fiance/soulbond ZackTheSerialKiller. How should I explain it... Zack typically isn't the kind of guy people like. Most people hate him or are afraid of him in his worlds and people here just think he's a gross-cringy freak because of his absurdities. I noticed this a lot when people don't realize that Zack is a soulbond and treat him as if he physically exists on this planet. Without the "me" factor then I think that's when people are more open to share their true feelings as to what they think about him.

If someone says, "he doesn't seem that bad." That's because you only see the side of him that he makes himself approachable on this website (and to not get me into trouble). Zack naturally is loud, destructive, cruel and usually says a lot of offensive things and wouldn't care if it bothered anyone (unless that someone is me).

So why do I love him? Because he's been the one friend that I had growing up. I love his quirky and cruel personality. He cares about me and I envy him.

There are a few people, like my friends, who like him but most don't. 

Guest Teakwood

SHARKS. I love sharks so much and think they're absolutely ADORABLE. If I were able, I'd find a place where I could pet and hug them (in a controlled environment; you won't see me assaulting sharks in the open ocean oops). I think they're difficult for many people to understand because they can't really show expression. Even if they're primarily hunting and killing machines, I think they're capable of understanding at least a lack of aggression. Based on everything I've learned about them, they seem pretty chill as long as you don't do anything to upset them, and they can't see very well so they tend to nibble on things (which is unfortunate as we are very tender). Maybe I'm wrong? But I just really love sharks with a passion. I actually got to pet one when I was very young and I was just AMAZED at how neat they felt. 

I really enjoy talking with people who have different opinions of things than me. Only when its civil though. Learning why someone liked something you dislike or vice versa is really interesting to me to see where they are coming from. Even when both sides won't ever agree, just the act of conversing and finding common grounds is worth the trouble or slight annoyances. Also it always help me learn myself better.

SHARKS. I love sharks so much and think they're absolutely ADORABLE. If I were able, I'd find a place where I could pet and hug them (in a controlled environment; you won't see me assaulting sharks in the open ocean oops). I think they're difficult for many people to understand because they can't really show expression. Even if they're primarily hunting and killing machines, I think they're capable of understanding at least a lack of aggression. Based on everything I've learned about them, they seem pretty chill as long as you don't do anything to upset them, and they can't see very well so they tend to nibble on things (which is unfortunate as we are very tender). Maybe I'm wrong? But I just really love sharks with a passion. I actually got to pet one when I was very young and I was just AMAZED at how neat they felt. 

I totally agree with you! Sharks are so misunderstood and many of them are really pretty and cute. But sharks are not actually just killing machines, sharks are actually very smart and curious. But they use their snout to touch things to learn and that makes people think they're going to get eaten. Like if it wanted to get you, you aren't getting away, 99% of the time they just want to see what you are and what you're doing. The nibbling thing is called Mouthing which can be dangerous with bigger sharks simply due to raw bite force even if its not malicious.

//Fenrir//

The Knight Of The Shining Emperor-King

The Dark Thief Of Knowledge ~ The Bound Beast Of Predation ~ The Paradox Loremaster ~ The Digital God Of The Black Waters