Fun Fact of the Day

Hello everyone! (*・ω・)ノ It's me! Your feline friend and encyclopedia of useless (but interesting) information! I have created this thread to share my knowledge with the world, and allow you all to do the same. What's something interesting that you have learned recently? Or maybe there are some things you've known for a while but haven't had the chance to impress your friends with it yet. Well, now's your chance! Impress us! 

I'll start. 

The Earth's northern hemisphere has the majority of the land (about 67%), as the southern hemisphere is largely water. Because of this, the northern hemisphere is also home to about 90% of the Earth's total human population. 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deleted member 108

Bananas are Clonal, direct clones of each other with Human intervened genetically modified to make them edible. Also there is a risk of Bananas going extinct due to a fungus that exists within the Food.

While on the opposite end, Citrus are a nightmare hodge podge, and you should look up "Hybridization in Citrus Cultivars"

Bananas are Clonal, direct clones of each other with Human intervened genetically modified to make them edible. Also there is a risk of Bananas going extinct due to a fungus that exists within the Food.

While on the opposite end, Citrus are a nightmare hodge podge, and you should look up "Hybridization in Citrus Cultivars"

Sounds like a fun rabbit hole to fall down, thanks! 

One of the world's largest organisms is Pando, an entire forest consisting of hundreds of "trees" which are in fact all part of one large organism. All of the trees are genetically identical and share a singular, massive root system. 

Rubies and sapphires are actually the same stone: corundum. Even after science discovered that they're the same stone, the red ones are still called rubies out of longstanding tradition and all the other colors are called sapphires. That's why you don't see jewelry stores marketing red sapphires even though they come in every other color!

Squid brains are doughnut shaped, and their esophagus runs through it. If a squid eats something too big it can get brain damage.

People don't really think about it but when you do you realize that you don't wash your hands, your hands just wash each other and you stand there, watching. 

*Idk if this is a fact persay but I thought it was intersting*

Fur cold~Heart warm

People don't really think about it but when you do you realize that you don't wash your hands, your hands just wash each other and you stand there, watching. 

My entire life is a lie w h a t 

Ya know that dead spider you saw? It might have just been an exoskeleton. Some spiders can molt. This means not only is this spider possibly still alive somewhere else, but it's even bigger then before. 

If I have to live with this knowledge now then so do you. Im sorry

The small Alaskan town of Talkeetna elected a cat named Stubbs as its mayor. He held the position for 20 years.