do any of you guys wear tails?

So, fellow otherkins...  do any of you guys wear tails? Just asking out of curiosity 🙂   I would wear one, but my mother is very against it...  What kind of tail is it? Fox, wolf, dragon, etc.? And if you don't feel confertable answering, don't sweat it!  that is totally fine!

From your loving Grey Wolf - Cleo/FoxChi  

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH]

I used to wear tails all the time in middle school. I had to stop since one chick would get weird about it and stroke it in a suggestive manner, squeeze it, or pull it (she nearly pulled my pants down like that once, the ironic part was she was trying to be my friend but came off really uh, clingy and off). I wanted to buy a scale tail but I never got around to it. I might make a tail for my prehistoric croc/shark/dolphin thing. Man, I miss middle school. Everyone was nice and didn't know what a furry or therian was so they just thought my tails were cool accessories.

@Catums lol, for me, middle school sucks.... I actually saw some one wearing a tail and they were about to  get beaten up... I ran over to then, and defended them... lets just say, the people got what they deserved... (That was a joke, I didn't fully injure anyone... I just put them down until a teacher arrived to take them...)  Now the kid wearing the tail and I are real close buddies ^u^

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH]

Sometimes, it's fairly rare for me nowadays, but if I'm really feeling like myself and want to dress nicely, I have a tail that I clip on to the side of my belt. I don't wear it in the back where one would normally put a tail on that, but I'll clip it on to the side. I've had a few different ones, mainly fox and coyote, and I actually had a fursuit-sized hand made one at one point that unfortunately got lost between my moves. I'd like to get another fox tail, preferably a handmade fox tail in that same fursuit style as I got before. I like those ones a lot. Real ones are nice, but they're very proportionately small to the human body, lol.

I've actually gotten some compliments on my tails. I wear them when I go to shows at a concert venue a town over, and when I go to pagan events, and I've had people stop me and compliment me on em before. I thought that was pretty cool.

Åzaryn/Shiranui Elven & kitsune

"If it sings to your soul and your spirit alights, in the midst of the dark it will grant you elf sight."

I have a few I occasionally wear at home (would probably wear more often if I lived with more accepting people haha) but I'm too scared to wear a tail or anything like that in public, especially alone. I have bad enough social anxiety lmao

Guest DeletedUser9

I have a snow leopard tail (faux obviously!), although it's more of a furry thing for me and I only really wear it in furry circles. That all said, it does feel nice to feel weight that semi-emulates my tail. It does induce strong phantom shifts after I remove it though, which is both a blessing and a curse. 

I wear two tails at once lol. I don't know what breed one is, so i'll just say fox, but the other is an arctic fox. I only wear them both cause the clip on one needs to be replaced so its chained to my black(ish) blue one now.

My parents and some of my friends think it's because i'm a furry, but no one knows the real reason, so I only tell when they ask.

Heyo all! I just lurk hehe, dont mind if i pop up in a convo randomly <3

I wear them sometimes.  I have faux tails and real taxidermy ones, although they're almost all vegan fur.  As of now I only buy from places that sell vegan fur, which is fur not taken directly from an animal that was killed for it.  It's fur used from either roadkill, animals that were found dead, or leftover scraps from the fur industry that would've been thrown out.  I like wearing them, but I don't wear them as much as I used to anymore.  

Luna/Miloš || 16 || Polykin || Host + Core of The Saccharine System

@InkyDaily awe that's awesome!!  I love furrys!

[uSER=573]@Effervescent-Daydream[/uSER] same, and agreed, they are really over priced, that's why I made my own!!  I posted it just now

How did you make it? 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* "𝓞𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓲𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼..." *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Guest bhiurd

Yes, I have a tail! Two, actually. My grandparents don't really care. They find it weird but they're not actively against it, and will buy me a tail if it's cheap enough (I usually look at secondhand tails that are low quality due to being scraps that would've been thrown away, or was some clearly damaged roadkill, etc. from Etsy). The tails I have at the moment are a coyote and island fox - both are real, pretty small, and are considered "low quality," though I think they're both absolutely beautiful with no flaws. I wear the coyote tail way more because it's quite big compared to the island fox (the fox tail is too small for comfort so I prefer to just hang it up to be a little wall piece for my room). It's very comforting and I hope to get some more tails in the future.

[uSER=434]@bhiurd[/uSER] That's Cool! I would so do that, but like I said in the comments above, my parents are against it, but I really want to buy one from Esty...  However, it can be nice to make one yourself too, bc you kind of know how you want it, if that makes since...  The one I am currently wearing, is the perfect size and weight, since I made it to fit me.  But yeah! I am so glad that there are other kins (not otherkins) who wear tails too! I made this to see if it'd be weird if I wore one, but now I am very confident when I wear mine!   :Tiredw:

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH]

@FoxChi alright I'm genuinely wondering how someone's parents would be against wearing a tail. Like what are they against about the tail? I grew up in a pretty open minded house that would let me wear whatever I wanted as long as I didn't walk out of the house looking like a harlot I was okay. Granted I never wore tails as often as most people I've seen but the point still stands.

@Catums Well, my parents are very VERY strict, overly strict....  They banned me from seeing someone because I said I liked them... I'm a girl FYI... and they wont let me still wont let me see them... And the other day, my mom found my 'kin journal, and read it...  I made a post about it... I'll PM you the story, anyway, She was pissed, and "disappointed."  So she banned me from wearing a tail...  So out of spite, I made one... and I'm wearing it rn! Frick HEr! Any ways.... I come from a religious home, so they think that this is a sin...?  but It is definitely not! soo yeah... that is not much detail, but that is the main reasons I guess....

[ATTACH]1221[/ATTACH]

Guest bhiurd

@FoxChi Ye, that totally makes sense!! A lot of people I know make their own tails because they can make it whatever they want, so it'll be absolutely perfect compared to buying tails that might not completely match what they want. Hopefully you get to buy one eventually (if you still wanted to at that point), and I'm really glad you're more comfortable now!

@Catums Some people are religious and believe it's a sin, like FoxChi stated. Some might also just find it weird because they don't understand the appeal, more specifically if it's real tail because you're taking a random piece of a dried animal part that comes from the rear end and attaching it to yourself to carry around, or hanging it up to be something "pretty" to stare at. It's not something very.. typical, compared to things like jewelry - it was from a living being, or if it's fake is supposed to mimic a living, extinct, or otherwise, creature. My grandparents weren't too keen on my tails at first, and I've preserved some animals in alcohol, as well as I want to do taxidermy from roadkill - they find / found this gross because it's a dead animal or a part of a dead animal. My grandparents don't mind going to exhibits to look at taxidermied dioramas and things like that, but knowing or thinking someone is preparing / has prepared it, or it being near the house when they don't think it's particularly cute? "E w, n o."

They might!! also fear any diseases, parasites, allergens, or any kind of dirt being stored in it or potentially coming off it if it's real since it's an animal, and sometimes that can be the case if poorly prepared or cared for, but most of the fear comes from stigma, paranoia, or being uneducated (but, if they're allergic, then they definitely may be in their right mind depending on what they specifically are allergic to, how the tail was prepared, and if there were any other animals / certain factors there during the process).

Sorry that was long, but I hope that helped!